PDA

View Full Version : If Westbrook doesn't succeed, it's clear that the NBA..

jross2021
10-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Models it's script after Suits.

KD is Harvey
Westbrook is Mike

Westbrook is every bit as talented as KD, as is Mike to Harvey.

Harvey proved long before he met Mike that he can do it on his own. Same with KD, particularly in college. Everyone knew he had it.

When Mike left, Harvey was still performing at a high level and winning, but it was clear that he was mas more efficient with Mike. KD was crushing it statistic wise without Westbrook, but overall, he is more efficient with Westbrook.

When Mike was on his own, he was making moves but he couldn't quite pave his own path..

Westbrook.. Well, TBD.

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2014, 06:30 PM
But Westbrook isn't as talented as Durant is..never was even close really.

10-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Depends how you define talent.

Physically Westbrook is every bit as talented as KD, but his skills are far from fine tuned, whereas KD has the physical gifts and the natural feel for the game.

Needless to say, watching Westbrook play by himself will be very interesting. I saw a stat that said in the 40 minutes without KD, RW shot 31 times lol.

jross2021
10-22-2014, 06:38 PM

Much more physical. Similar rebounders, I'd give a slight edge to Westy. KD is obviously the best scorer in the game, they're both pretty good defenders. Westbrook is better at creating open shots for his teammates, but that has to do with his aggressiveness and athleticism.

mk8
10-22-2014, 06:52 PM
I've been looking forward to our **** talking for some time. Can believe we're already starting up again next Wednesday.

L0lJ0ker3
10-22-2014, 07:04 PM
WestGoat gonna do his thing.

Day1086
10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Time for all the westbrook overrating to die down real quick.

Chucking 20 shots on average efficiency is not good for a team, regardless of how flashy your athleticism may be. Thunder would win championships if they ditched westbrook, gave Jackson the starting spot, and used the money spent on Westbrook to get a more conducive team player.

SompletelyCober
10-22-2014, 07:15 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ee261dada6dcd2440ff72d4e6777ba06/tumblr_mhiz854jkD1qc49r2o4_250.gif

jross2021
10-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Time for all the westbrook overrating to die down real quick.

Chucking 20 shots on average efficiency is not good for a team, regardless of how flashy your athleticism may be. Thunder would win championships if they ditched westbrook, gave Jackson the starting spot, and used the money spent on Westbrook to get a more conducive team player.

Replace a top defender at the position and a top 3 all around player at the position (CP3 and Rondo, not Curry... Lol at defense), okay. Reggie is good, but lmao. Team did nothing in the playoffs with Westy out. He **** all over curry too many times for your liking?

jross2021
10-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I've been looking forward to our **** talking for some time. Can believe we're already starting up again next Wednesday.

Never been so nervous in my life.

Youppi
10-22-2014, 07:29 PM
Who's Harvey's mole

thelast10
10-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Models it's script after Suits.

KD is Harvey
Westbrook is Mike

Westbrook is every bit as talented as KD, as is Mike to Harvey.

Harvey proved long before he met Mike that he can do it on his own. Same with KD, particularly in college. Everyone knew he had it.

When Mike left, Harvey was still performing at a high level and winning, but it was clear that he was mas more efficient with Mike. KD was crushing it statistic wise without Westbrook, but overall, he is more efficient with Westbrook.

When Mike was on his own, he was making moves but he couldn't quite pave his own path..

Westbrook.. Well, TBD.

You Must Spread Some Reputation Around Before giving it to JROSS2021

Anyone who can twist a basketball team into a Suits analogy deserves it.... Although Harvey is GOAT, I forget the exact words but Donna said something like "Harvey I have good news" Harvey "What? Did James Dolan die?" lulz....

goatsportsmiscr
10-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Finally westbake gets his time to shine as the true best player on the team. MVP candidate imo.

isp
10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
I miss the old thunder. When they had Harden coming off the bench

thelast10
10-22-2014, 08:00 PM

If you had to pick between Ibaka or Harden as 6th man (most likely) who would you pick?? When Durant and Westbrook are healthy it makes more sense IMO that Ibaka was kept over Harden... As I have been part of the misc NBA draft, I realized the PF/Big man in general position talent pool has really thinned out as opposed to 6-8-10 years ago.....

Day1086
10-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Replace a top defender at the position and a top 3 all around player at the position (CP3 and Rondo, not Curry... Lol at defense), okay. Reggie is good, but lmao. Team did nothing in the playoffs with Westy out. He **** all over curry too many times for your liking?

In career head to head matchups:

Westbrook: 22.4 points 42.9% FG 27.9 3pt% 4.6 TO

Curry: 22.9 points 49.3% FG 44.3% 3pt 3.7 TO

strong defense holding curry to 50% shooting.

Without Westbrook (this ignoring the development reggie jackson has had since that series), OKC lost to the grizzlies. They weren't very far off from losing to the Grizzlies once again this year even with Westbrook. Just a tough matchup.

fcking lol @ thinking westbrook is a good fit beside durant, and lol even harder at thinking he'd be a top 5 player if he had his own team. Playing next to the league MVP gives him team success which causes his overrating. In for the thunder to struggle hard with Westbrook running the show.

jross2021
10-22-2014, 08:15 PM

OKC management values defense, unfortunately Scott Brooks doesn't. They kept Thabo around forever but Brooks stopped playing him. So, of course they were going to keep a good defensive big over a sg that can't play a lick of D.

Future24
10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Yeah but Harvey actually wins so Durant can't be Harvey.

AirJordanB
10-22-2014, 08:19 PM

This. There isn't a player who elevates his teammates in the league more than Durant. When Westbrook and Durant eventually split up, KD's stats will stay the same and Westbrook's will plummet.

autrefois
10-22-2014, 08:56 PM
This. There isn't a player who elevates his teammates in the league more than Durant. When Westbrook and Durant eventually split up, KD's stats will stay the same and Westbrook's will plummet.

LeBron? CP3? Curry?

Anyways, I agree with you that Westbrook isn't that much of a needle mover. He's valuable in the playoffs though. His rebounding is excellent at the 1 spot and when he's focused (not gambling for steals) he can be a tenacious, overwhelming defender. He's a ****ty shooter with bad shot selection however, and any time he shoots he's taking away opportunities from more efficient scorers like Durant and Ibaka. Overall, the team would be better with a guy like Mike Conley running the show.

TexasMajor
10-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Westbrook's will plummet.

Casual fan detected.

Westbrook would be a monster on ANY TEAM.