PDA

View Full Version : UNC Academic Fraud Report Released

chlaxman
10-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Goes all the way back to 1992 with "independent study" classes. **** yeah! Cheat like the best of them.

http://deadspin.com/unc-investigation-reveals-widespread-academic-fraud-1649405561

James24WR
10-22-2014, 12:54 PM
What's funny is this is still a semi-whitewash. Roy and other higher members will be spared. I'm pleasantly surprised that Wainstein did an okay job on this. I have a freind who swims for UNC and apperently every athlete at the school has a meeting today.

Phil9
10-22-2014, 01:00 PM
"Student-Athletes."

Yeah, ok.

RogerSterling
10-22-2014, 01:01 PM
fuk the NCAA julius peppers shouldn't have to pass a math test to go to the NFL

HoganIsGOAT
10-22-2014, 01:03 PM
**** UNC. They've been doing this **** forever.

chlaxman
10-22-2014, 01:10 PM
What's funny is this is still a semi-whitewash. Roy and other higher members will be spared. I'm pleasantly surprised that Wainstein did an okay job on this. I have a freind who swims for UNC and apperently every athlete at the school has a meeting today.

Everyone's gonna be spared. NCAA is done with UNC. All we lost were like 2 football seasons...how sad. OK one of those years we would have been insanely good.

James24WR
10-22-2014, 01:17 PM
The big issue of the report is that it says the Roy and co did not know this was happenening. That's complete BS. He knew what was happening and either took part in it or turned his head. Either way, he did the wrong thing.

James24WR
10-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Everyone's gonna be spared. NCAA is done with UNC. All we lost were like 2 football seasons...how sad. OK one of those years we would have been insanely good.

Not sure if srs...

The NCAA reopened the investigation at UNC a while ago. I don't know how severe it will be, but there will be more punishment.

chlaxman
10-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Not sure if srs...

The NCAA reopened the investigation at UNC a while ago. I don't know how severe it will be, but there will be more punishment.

Probably not brah. They'll likely call it a university problem and not an eligibility problem.

sdballer5588
10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Lol and people take college sports seriously.

Srsly what a joke.

James24WR
10-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Probably not brah. They'll likely call it a university problem and not an eligibility problem.

Doubt it. That's what they called it last time. With the new info that Is coming to public lighting(some like me have know about this for years), this has become the biggest academic fraud violation in college sports history.

James24WR
10-22-2014, 01:36 PM
roy wiliams quote:

from August 15, 2012

-on being as sure as he can be that things are done the right way in the UNC basketball program:
No question about it. Our track record is pretty doggone good. And our track record has been pretty doggone good for 15 years at Kansas, nine years at North Carolina. And we know how much we emphasize the academic side in the basketball office. We know what our guys are majoring in. We know every day were in touch with those kids. So its something, again, that Im very proud of.

Yet recently when asked about the classes he said he didn't know what classes his players were taking because it wansnt his job. Okay Roy, LOL.

chlaxman
10-22-2014, 01:39 PM
roy wiliams quote:

from August 15, 2012

-on being as sure as he can be that things are done the right way in the UNC basketball program:
No question about it. Our track record is pretty doggone good. And our track record has been pretty doggone good for 15 years at Kansas, nine years at North Carolina. And we know how much we emphasize the academic side in the basketball office. We know what our guys are majoring in. We know every day were in touch with those kids. So its something, again, that Im very proud of.

Yet recently when asked about the classes he said he didn't know what classes his players were taking because it wansnt his job. Okay Roy, LOL.

UNC mafia got this.

Lol

isp
10-22-2014, 01:51 PM
"Student-Athletes."

Yeah, ok.

4XEq6XYtMVU

Dan916
10-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Not to mention you already get 4~ free units per semester just for being on the team called Basketball, Weight Training, etc. At least I did at my uni. Don't most of them only stay a few years anyway due to draft? How ****ing hard can it be to do 30 college units of filler?

chlaxman
10-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Not to mention you already get 4~ free units per semester just for being on the team called Basketball, Weight Training, etc. At least I did at my uni. Don't most of them only stay a few years anyway due to draft? How ****ing hard can it be to do 30 college units of filler?

Well it's harder than not taking a course.

Phil9
10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Not sure if srs...

A couple of underlings you've never heard of get cycled out and new schmucks take their place. There's your "punishment."

stevedarsh
10-23-2014, 08:24 AM
I guess this means they'll strip the 2009 CBB national title from UNC, which by the Alabama rules of National Championships makes Michigan State the 2009 national champions.

f*ck yeah another natty title bitches? is there anything we aren't f*cking great at?

PervedOut
10-23-2014, 08:29 AM
100% true

CyberSheriff
10-23-2014, 08:32 AM

NCAA does not let D1 schools do this.

jalundah
10-23-2014, 08:50 AM

At the multiple D1 uni's I've been affiliated with, nobody got class credit for sport or training. Must be a D2 or D3 thing

chlaxman
10-23-2014, 08:51 AM
I guess this means they'll strip the 2009 CBB national title from UNC, which by the Alabama rules of National Championships makes Michigan State the 2009 national champions.

f*ck yeah another natty title bitches? is there anything we aren't f*cking great at?

Sorry brah. From what I saw basketball players stopped taking the classes in 2007. Roy knows when to get out.