View Full Version : How come 49ers fans hate on Tom Brady

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
I always see Humpty and Dave P taking shots at him whenever they can

but the guy's one of your own

http://imgur.com/94U01IM.jpg

EvilChicken
10-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Dammit Humpty, I told you to stop talking on behalf of all Niner fans.

MMAnLift
10-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Patriots are one of my favorite teams to watch other than the 49ers.
Thread = Fail

iamgenus
10-22-2014, 10:56 AM
I hate him because he's so dreamy.

Dave P
10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
I dont remember taking shots at Tom directly. He grew up on the other side of the Bay, he's a 49er fan, he played HS football with my brother-in-law. He seems like a perfectly cool guy to hang out with.

He's one of the best to play the game (Montana will always be the GOAT to me) and he is always in the conversation for top-3 QB's in the league.

Most of my shots are at the Patriots as a whole...you could say that I'm alittle butthurt about Tom being able to play his career out in one of the worst divisions in football, in the worst conference in football, so it kinda feels like he can coast to the playoffs every year. Not knocking his skill but in let us be reality, it hasnt really been an uphill struggle for the Pats compared to other teams in the league.

The only thing that really bugs me about Tom is that he begs for flags more than anyone else in the league but thats no knock on his game and if I was a pats fan I wouldn't mind it since he probably gets alot of those flags he cries about.

CheekClapperlol
10-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I dont remember taking shots at Tom directly. He grew up on the other side of the Bay, he's a 49er fan, he played HS football with my brother-in-law. He seems like a perfectly cool guy to hang out with.

He's one of the best to play the game (Montana will always be the GOAT to me) and he is always in the conversation for top-3 QB's in the league.

Most of my shots are at the Patriots as a whole...you could say that I'm alittle butthurt about Tom being able to play his career out in one of the worst divisions in football, in the worst conference in football, so it kinda feels like he can coast to the playoffs every year. Not knocking his skill but in let us be reality, it hasnt really been an uphill struggle for the Pats compared to other teams in the league.

The only thing that really bugs me about Tom is that he begs for flags more than anyone else in the league but thats no knock on his game and if I was a pats fan I wouldn't mind it since he probably gets alot of those flags he cries about.

confirmed butthurt, I can remember one time he called for a flag, and now he has the perception that he always cries for flags, the pats are the most penalized team this year (or at least top 3). In fact just in the jets game they took a cheap shot late hit on him and than the OL pushed the guy and we got flagged for it

haters gonna hate

Dave P
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM
confirmed butthurt, I can remember one time he called for a flag, and now he has the perception that he always cries for flags, the pats are the most penalized team this year (or at least top 3). In fact just in the jets game they took a cheap shot late hit on him and than the OL pushed the guy and we got flagged for it

haters gonna hate

k9uf_Ugt18w

Tom Brady Gets Preferential Treatment (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/266696-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-gets-preferential-referee-treatment)

Tom Brady Has His Own Rules (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/joey-porter-tom-brady-has-his-own-rules/)

Tom Brady Whining for a Flag after his own guy hit him (http://www.bmorebirdsnest.com/2010/10/18/heres-tom-brady-whining-for-a-flag-after-his-own-guy-hits-him/)

Tom Floppin
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--PTSntdfd--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/kiqphxuic3irkx8p783g.gif

These are just examples from a 2 minute google search.

There was an article done about 3 years ago where they looked at the film and counted how often QB's complained to the Refs for a call and Tom Brady was by far #1.

Like I said...I got no real gripes with Tom as a QB, he is one of the GOATs and is top-3 in the league year-in and year-out, but I do think he gets preferential treatment and I do think he whines about flags too much. That my only real knock on him.

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 11:28 AM
^ what if that just means other QB's get those calls without complaining? Patriots lead the league in penalties and had refs influence a couple of their losses last season, I don't think they get any preferencial treatment.

In the Bengals game Cincy literally yelled the ref into throwing a late flag but nobody said a word about that.

holtmcg
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
What other teams had an uphill battle?

Dave P
10-22-2014, 11:40 AM
What other teams had an uphill battle?

In the last 15 years every single division in football has had a moment where they were considered either the toughest division or one of the toughest divisions in football...for whatever reason I cant recall a time where anyone has said the AFC East was in that category, outside of just because the Patriots were in it. When looking at a division and a teams competition I try to look at it from the bottom up. For example...I'm a NFC West fan, we had a span where we were laughably bad but at the same time in the time Tom Brady has been playing in the league ALL FOUR TEAMS have been to a Superbowl. It is competitive year-in and year-out. The same cant be said for the AFC East.

The Dolphins have been a joke since Tom came in the league, The Bills have been a joke since Tom came in the league, the Jets have had minor successes here and there but they are the Jets and just havent been very good.

Now none of this is the fault of Tom Brady, he didn't choose where he was drafted and he didn't choose to play in arguably the worst division in football during his reign, but that doesn't change the fact that its true and he's basically been able to cakewalk his way into the playoffs year-in and year-out. Like I said originally, its more of a gripe with the Patriots as a whole rather than Tom Brady as a QB.

I wish we had Tom for the last 15 years.

WRXbrah
10-22-2014, 12:16 PM
My love for Brady is the only thing SDbox*** and I have in common. Most Niner fans I know love Brady.

10-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Cliff notes of the 49ers in this thread:

I wish we had Tom for the last 15 years.

GrecoRoman
10-22-2014, 12:17 PM

Stop following media head narratives.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-success-goes-beyond-borders-afc-east

Since 2001, the Patriots' record against the AFC East is 63-21, a winning percentage of .750.

Their record against the rest of the league is 85-29, a winning percentage of . . . .745.

hublife
10-22-2014, 12:52 PM
My personal Top 3 favorite QBs of All-time

Joe Montana
Steve Young
Tom Brady

So there ya go...

EvilChicken
10-22-2014, 12:55 PM
My personal Top 3 favorite QBs of All-time

Joe Montana
Steve Young
Tom Brady

So there ya go...

Same. Maybe because he grew up a Niner fan

sdballer5588
10-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Greco beat me to it, but uh, Brady shreds the ENTIRE LEAGUE more than he shreds the AFC East.

So uh.... perception =/= reality. The AFC East is never that bad. Especially in division.

Dave P
10-22-2014, 02:07 PM
AFC in general has been far more poverty historically though.

It would take me hours to literally break down his career game by game to show (or not show) that the Patriots have had an easy ride comparatively to the playoffs year-in-year-out so I'm not going to do that. Its just the way I feel in regards to the Pats in the last 15 years. I can understand the argument against it, not going to sit here and go back and forth about it, just one persons personal view on it.

To just take it back to the OP, I dont hate on Brady. I think he's amazing, and has been amazing, is a great story, seems like a decent guy, and is a hometown guy. There is only like 1% of athletes that I cant find a single gripe with so its not a big deal that there is one thing I dont like about him, I'm sure if he was my QB i'd stfu about it and defend him like crazy.

The point of all of this is to say....I dont think 49er fans hate on Brady as much as you think.

sdballer5588
10-22-2014, 02:11 PM

Based on your perception maybe.

Also, your division was one of the worst OF ALL TIME like 4 years ago man. Shouldn't throw stones.

AFC has higher highs and lower lows.

Dave P
10-22-2014, 02:12 PM
I already acknowledged that in the post above....I acknowledged it in bold.

Like I said, I dont want this to devolve into a 15 page thread where I'm arguing about the minutia of my post with you, so lets just leave it at that.

I'm not genus (<3)

Twerk4it
10-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Well Humpty? What say you?

mngardne
10-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Niners fan here who loves Brady. Fun fact, I even went to the same high school he did.

HumptyBrah
10-23-2014, 07:59 AM
I hate on everyone. My hate for Brady is petty much like my hate for Lebron, it's to offset all the cock gobbling that goes on around here. Objectively I don't have much of a problem with him aside from the fact I think he gets too much credit for the Pats dynasty.

Miked1978
10-23-2014, 10:33 AM
ITT 2 out of 20+ niners fans on here may not like Tom but yet OP makes this thread.

SF49ers
10-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Huh? Tom is that dude....not sure I could tell him no if he asked for it (no homo).

Twerk4it
10-23-2014, 10:43 AM
ITT 2 out of 20+ niners fans on here may not like Tom but yet OP makes this thread.

loud minority >

samir316
10-23-2014, 12:28 PM
I don't hate the man, but I gotta admit my respect for him was cut in half when he showed up in a Bieber haircut to a press conference.

sdballer5588
10-23-2014, 12:35 PM
I don't hate the man, but I gotta admit my respect for him was cut in half when he showed up in a Bieber haircut to a press conference.

Salty Timmy was stylin on you in a bieber cut?

iamgenus
10-23-2014, 12:36 PM
I already acknowledged that in the post above....I acknowledged it in bold.

Like I said, I dont want this to devolve into a 15 page thread where I'm arguing about the minutia of my post with you, so lets just leave it at that.

I'm not genus (<3)

Lulz. I'd jump in there for you but I have some bias towards the Pats.

sdballer5588
10-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Lulz. I'd jump in there for you but I have some bias towards the Pats.

He's jealous of what we have.

Tommy12Orr4
10-23-2014, 08:23 PM

It would take me hours to literally break down his career game by game to show (or not show) that the Patriots have had an easy ride comparatively to the playoffs year-in-year-out so I'm not going to do that. Its just the way I feel in regards to the Pats in the last 15 years. I can understand the argument against it, not going to sit here and go back and forth about it, just one persons personal view on it.

To just take it back to the OP, I dont hate on Brady. I think he's amazing, and has been amazing, is a great story, seems like a decent guy, and is a hometown guy. There is only like 1% of athletes that I cant find a single gripe with so its not a big deal that there is one thing I dont like about him, I'm sure if he was my QB i'd stfu about it and defend him like crazy.

The point of all of this is to say....I dont think 49er fans hate on Brady as much as you think.

Please, do tell me more about how the early-mid 2000's Ravens, Steelers, Colts, and Chargers are not on the same level as recent and current NFC teams.

muscularinferno
10-23-2014, 09:19 PM
loud minority >

Amen