PDA

View Full Version : Is jay cutler a glorified rex grossman?

beer n brats
10-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes he's a Jeff George clone but besides that I don't think cutty is much better than grossman was. Both qbs are turnover machines, inconsistent, and can't win. agree or am I low balling cutty?

Jay gonna jay, Rex gonna rex.

Azrairc
10-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Bears will never go anywhere with cutler. He is mediocre but just good enough to keep his job.

bobsapp
10-22-2014, 02:40 AM
Bears will never go anywhere with cutler. He is mediocre but just good enough to keep his job.

I remember when everyone was saying he was better than Rivers years ago.

Put Rivers on the Bears and they make it to the SB.

Azrairc
10-22-2014, 04:52 AM
I remember when everyone was saying he was better than Rivers years ago.

Put Rivers on the Bears and they make it to the SB. cutler is actually better than most qbs in the nfl but still sucks. The reasons the bears haven't moved on is because the realistic possibility of finding someone better id slim to none. Your only chance in the nfl is to have a great qb or get hot (defense wise). Bears of which have neither.

woody19
10-22-2014, 07:17 AM
No Grossman has something cutler will never have....a super bowl appearance.

socrates07
10-22-2014, 07:33 AM
grossman's better

YWOC
10-22-2014, 07:42 AM
bring back Orton

JDizleSwoleizle
10-22-2014, 07:42 AM
In?

http://i.imgur.com/TMsr6GM.gif

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 07:49 AM
Rex has the edge i guess because he had a sb apperence, its like being the smartest kid in special ed tho, neither one of them is all that great.

Nah for realz..you CANT dis Rex Grossman. Peytons finest moment was against him.Rex was a great qb.

ToolTime2120
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM
I actually envy Cutler

Hot wife
Family
Just got a ridiculous contract by fooling a franchise with an atrocious QB history into thinking he was better than he actually is

He's never cared about winning or losing but currently shouldn't even more, going back to those ^^ at the end of the day

HotCheetos
10-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Cutler is better than Grossman for sure. He is a middle of the road quarterback. There are 3-4 elite QBs (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peypey), some really good ones (Rivers, etc), then the middle of the pack (Cutler) and the absolutely awful QBs

waytoodeep03
10-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Srs for a moment

Why does Cutler make the decisions that he makes sometimes? Alot of these ints could be avoided easily if he just makes another read or checks down

SteezeFactory
10-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Probably a poor man's sexy rexy

http://www.brendanmckillip.com/blog/images/GoingDeepClub.jpg

BullStampede
10-22-2014, 09:42 AM
I would argue that Rex Grossman is a glorified Jay Cutler.

bullybreed
10-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Srs for a moment

Why does Cutler make the decisions that he makes sometimes? Alot of these ints could be avoided easily if he just makes another read or checks down

Do you actually watch any Bears games? I am a Bears fan and don't miss a single second of any game. Cutler has 7ints this season. 3 of which I can think of right now where either the wr ran the wrong route or tipped the ball. Yes sometimes he looks his way into ints, but all the blame falls on this guy game in and game out. Cutlers problem to me, is he gets jumbled once he does throw an int and has trouble getting out of it. I don't know why, I don't think anyone does. The ball tends to get away from him now and then, but the guy is having a career year so far regardless of how the rest of the Bears are playing. Grossman doesn't compare to the athleticism, and playmaking ability Cutler has (hence why he is a washed up qb not on a team right now). This is a stupid comparison, so far off the grid its not even funny.

waytoodeep03
10-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Do you actually watch any Bears games? I am a Bears fan and don't miss a single second of any game. Cutler has 7ints this season. 3 of which I can think of right now where either the wr ran the wrong route or tipped the ball. Yes sometimes he looks his way into ints, but all the blame falls on this guy game in and game out. Cutlers problem to me, is he gets jumbled once he does throw an int and has trouble getting out of it. I don't know why, I don't think anyone does. The ball tends to get away from him now and then, but the guy is having a career year so far regardless of how the rest of the Bears are playing. Grossman doesn't compare to the athleticism, and playmaking ability Cutler has (hence why he is a washed up qb not on a team right now). This is a stupid comparison, so far off the grid its not even funny.

So do the Bears beat the pats Sunday?

holtmcg
10-22-2014, 10:19 AM
So do the Bears beat the pats Sunday?Hahaha maybe on planet Mars, but on Earth, they don't stand a chance.

swimmer32
10-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Came in to see this picture.

Wouldn't surprise me at this point. The Bears only win games they are picked to lose.

lsiberian
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM
I think Cutler simply doesn't care. He wants to get paid and then play golf the rest of his life. He has the talent to be a top 5 QB he simply doesn't have the work ethic.

bullybreed
10-22-2014, 11:48 AM

I think they do. Cutler has a history of coming out and playing flawless games after bad ones. Not to mention there is more talent offensively on the Bears side of the ball. I think the defenses are a wash. Getting into a shootout with Brady is not something I'd like to see Cutler do but I think the Bears edge this one 31-24.

bullybreed
10-22-2014, 11:51 AM
I think Cutler simply doesn't care. He wants to get paid and then play golf the rest of his life. He has the talent to be a top 5 QB he simply doesn't have the work ethic.

This makes no sense. Try reading what some of his teammates currently say about his work ethic.

RogerSterling
10-22-2014, 12:27 PM
I think they do. Cutler has a history of coming out and playing flawless games after bad ones. Not to mention there is more talent offensively on the Bears side of the ball. I think the defenses are a wash. Getting into a shootout with Brady is not something I'd like to see Cutler do but I think the Bears edge this one 31-24.

so did grossman

honestly bro fuk cutler, i was his biggest defender over the years but now he has a good o-line, some of (if not THE) best weapons in the nfl and still put up 14 pts on the dolphins? can't get past carolina? hes gone after the first three years of this contract are up.

socrates07
10-22-2014, 12:46 PM

willneverforgetcrew/

covered, sh*t double covered, fuk there's the other safety too..

HEAVE THAT MOTHERFUKER FUK YAH MURIKA

hublife
10-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Cutler is all talent. Zero heart. Unlikable leader who will forever be an 8-8 - 11-5 QB and then stink up the playoffs.