stevemckenna
10-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Big dick Hoyer.

sdballer5588
10-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Timothy Brady.

Lunatic
10-21-2014, 10:48 PM
Rodgers, IMHO, would normally get my vote for best QB in the NFL but Manning is the best right now.

Rolling
10-21-2014, 10:50 PM
punter guy from the rams

Swept
10-21-2014, 10:56 PM
Rivers

5 straight games with over 120 passer rating

brb_ballin
10-21-2014, 11:03 PM
IMO Rodgers can make every throw Peyton can but his athleticism makes him the better QB

Yes I'm a packers fan but Rodgers is more versatile.

toekneele
10-21-2014, 11:17 PM
punter guy from the rams

Johnny Hekker!

Wakiza33
10-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Everyone knows Peyton is the best in October.

But January is what matters.

Brady is King.

GinoFelino
10-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Rodgers is the best.

mojo85
10-21-2014, 11:45 PM
Everyone knows Peyton is the best in October.

But January is what matters.

Brady is King.

Brady's Playoff record the past however many years is pretty terrible as well

weezydre
10-21-2014, 11:50 PM
IMO Rodgers can make every throw Peyton can but his athleticism makes him the better QB

Yes I'm a packers fan but Rodgers is more versatile.

This and I'm a Lions fan srs

CougarP01
10-22-2014, 12:00 AM

this. wtf do people still think its 2007.

beer n brats
10-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Aaron Rodgers

kingofturtles
10-22-2014, 12:08 AM

Give Brady sanders DT Julius and welker and see what happens.

Anyway. Rogers has a better arm than manning and has legs. Once u start watching manning a lot u notice the ducks he throws.

outfoxxed
10-22-2014, 12:34 AM

Anyway. Rogers has a better arm than manning and has legs. Once u start watching manning a lot u notice the ducks he throws.

brady had chad johnson and brandon lloyd and he managed to make them absolute shyt.

CougarP01
10-22-2014, 12:37 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0205/nfl_a_welkerpanel_gb1_576.jpg

stevemckenna
10-22-2014, 12:45 AM

Give Brady a competent GM/front office personnel that can draft and sign good receivers would be a good start. Oh and I'm pretty sure firing McDaniels and replacing him with a potato would result in a net positive of 10 TDs.

Yeah, the most accurate and on time ducks of all time.

UltimateRiot
10-22-2014, 12:49 AM
brady had chad johnson and brandon lloyd and he managed to make them absolute shyt.

Johnson was done and Lloyd nearly had over 900 receiving yards that year

u wot m8

Swept
10-22-2014, 12:58 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0205/nfl_a_welkerpanel_gb1_576.jpg

terrible throw

Welker is a 5'9 slot receiver why on earth would you throw it high and behind him downfield when he was open?

outfoxxed
10-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Johnson was done and Lloyd nearly had over 900 receiving yards that year

u wot m8

yes but the argument waas "imagine if brady had dt, welker and thomas"

well he did have an equivalent receiving corps.....

Gronk, Lloyd, and Welker are quite similar to DT, Thomas and Welker.

kingofturtles
10-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Give Brady a competent GM/front office personnel that can draft and sign good receivers would be a good start. Oh and I'm pretty sure firing McDaniels and replacing him with a potato would result in a net positive of 10 TDs.

Yeah, the most accurate and on time ducks of all time.

Never said he wasn't accurate. Said he had weak duck throws. That's why he doesn't throw far very often. Broncos led the league in yards after catch last year.

It's a general consensus of ppl that watch football that manning has a weak arm. Therefore, I said Rogers has a stronger arm and he throws downfield more often.

Questions?

outfoxxed
10-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Never said he wasn't accurate. Said he had weak duck throws. That's why he doesn't throw far very often. Broncos led the league in yards after catch last year.

It's a general consensus of ppl that watch football that manning has a weak arm. Therefore, I said Rogers has a stronger arm and he throws downfield more often.

Questions?

Wot m8?

Peypeys deep throws are weak, but they're accurate. He throws an amazing deep ball even though he as a weak arm because the ball is accurate. He throws deep fairly often as well. He's tied for second for completions of 40+ yards (after kirk cousins.... though with a week 4 bye as well) and he rated very well on Profootball focus's accuracy on deep throws though I don't think he did as well on super super deep throws. He's not throwing it 70 yards but 40-50 yards he's accurate enough. He's leading the league in yards per attempt along with phillip rivers (tied for 8.5).

For all intents and purposes Manning "noodle arm" isn't holding him back from making deep throws. In fact, he's second in air yards per attempt after tony romo.(4.96 to 5.03 for tony romo).

If you've been watching manning you'd know that his weak arm isn't actually holding him back from making deep throws, it's more of an issue in the sense that fitting footballs through tight windows is much harder. for other qb's who have to see a receiver open to throw them a strong arm is necessary, for a qb who anticipates, he really doesn't need to be strong. he just throws the ball a split second earlier.

If you've watched manning play the last few weeks, he nailed a bunch of 40yard bombs. 40 air yards to DT against the 9ers.

The only throw manning cant make is the ultra deep throw (like 60yards) which tbh is such a rare throw to make anyways

justin8684
10-22-2014, 02:03 AM
Give me Rodgers, stronger arm and can extend plays with his legs and take off and run if need be. He can make every throw Peyton can but Peyton can't make every throw Aaron can.

Peyton is great when he has all day to throw and make reads but he gets happy feet and a quick trigger when he feels pressure and like his brother, has a bad tendency to force throws off his back foot...which he'd be doing a lot of if he had to play behind the line Rodgers has in Green Bay.

UltimateRiot
10-22-2014, 02:48 AM
yes but the argument waas "imagine if brady had dt, welker and thomas"

well he did have an equivalent receiving corps.....

Gronk, Lloyd, and Welker are quite similar to DT, Thomas and Welker.

DT > Lloyd by far

Thomas = Gronk (inb4 hate, am a pats fan just Gronk being not on the field so often knocks him down in my books)

Welker = Welker

Also we not going to mention Decker?

Swept
10-22-2014, 03:29 AM
Give me Rodgers, stronger arm and can extend plays with his legs and take off and run if need be. He can make every throw Peyton can but Peyton can't make every throw Aaron can.

Peyton is great when he has all day to throw and make reads but he gets happy feet and a quick trigger when he feels pressure and like his brother, has a bad tendency to force throws off his back foot...which he'd be doing a lot of if he had to play behind the line Rodgers has in Green Bay.

Manning had a makeshift o-line last season and never had a great line with the colts like Brady had for a decade in NE. He just gets rid of the ball so fast he barely get sacked

Half of the packers sacks are Rodgers fault to begin with, he holds the ball way to long.

SuperMario42
10-22-2014, 03:32 AM
This has to be one of the more reasonable debates I've seen on the sports misc in quite some time. Das it mane.

Manning.

TyBaseball
10-22-2014, 03:42 AM
Rodgers has stronger arm and faster but manning doesn't need it because he knows everything the defense is doing 95% of the time. He's by far the fastest and smartest at reading defenses, he's trained his Offense to be on the exact same page as him at all times and he knows where every player is on the field at all times. He's amazing when it comes to this and that's why he has a weaker arm and legs but is still #1 in the league and breaking HUGE qb records the past two seasons.

I see nothing stopping manning from getting another Super Bowl.

Also people talk about his poor playoff play... Well if the Bronocs do win the Super Bowl under Manning this season he'll be 15-12 in the playoffs (14-12 if they get the bye week) just to put into perspective Tony Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. Brees is 6-5. Rivers is 4-5. Luck is 1-2. Rodgers is 5-4. Cutler 1-1.

beer n brats
10-22-2014, 04:04 AM

How about the fact he's a choke artist in the playoffs.

bullybreed
10-22-2014, 04:22 AM
I have always liked Manning, but in my opinion Rodgers is the better QB.
He has a better arm, he's more athletic, and he can dissect and analyze defenses just as good as Manning.

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Jake Delhomme obviously.

Thee3ternal
10-22-2014, 04:46 AM
Let me end this nonsense as usual.

Aaron Rodgers has been losing his top WR's for years.

Lost Jennings, lost Driver.

When has Manning ever lost his top WR?

Rodgers routinely has little to no time in the pocket and has to eat sacks.

Guys who say Rodgers hangs on to the ball too long are full of ****.

Thee3ternal
10-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Put it this way I'll rep anybody who can find me videos of Rodgers getting sacked in the pocket cause he held onto the ball 3 seconds or longer.

And that's not even counting the fact that he's usually running around, having to step up, etc. before those 3 seconds.

Dude traditionally, from what I remember routinely has some of the worst protection in the NFL.

Beliedat
10-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Let me end this nonsense as usual.

Aaron Rodgers has been losing his top WR's for years.

Lost Jennings, lost Driver.

When has Manning ever lost his top WR?

Rodgers routinely has little to no time in the pocket and has to eat sacks.

Guys who say Rodgers hangs on to the ball too long are full of ****.

Don't take this a sign that I take you or your post seriously, but are we going to act like Marvin Harrison didn't get a guy murdered, ask to be released, and quickly retired?

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Its not even a discussion. Wood take Rodgers over Peyton any day of the week. Id much rather have a legit chance to win a superbowl, insted of just trying to break a bunch records and throw for a bunch of TD's with a stacked offence.

Hercegovac8
10-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Aaron Rodgers is IMO the most talented qb of all time. Probably the best arm talent even better than Marino

He doesn't need an elte line, doesn't need super star recievers and tight ends, doesn't need a whole system revolved around him. Just send him out on the field and let him do his thing

Please call me when Peyton can make these kinds of throws

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1404344/omgrod.0.gif

Hercegovac8
10-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Put it this way I'll rep anybody who can find me videos of Rodgers getting sacked in the pocket cause he held onto the ball 3 seconds or longer.

And that's not even counting the fact that he's usually running around, having to step up, etc. before those 3 seconds.

Dude traditionally, from what I remember routinely has some of the worst protection in the NFL.

Aaron's been losing lineman (and especially centers) pretty much on a yearly basis. Whenever a guy has a contract year coming up the Packers front office unloads him

Colledge, Spitz, Wells, ect just off the top of my head of centers that were whipped off over the past few years

Beliedat
10-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Its not even a discussion. Wood take Rodgers over Peyton any day of the week. Id much rather have a legit chance to win a superbowl, insted of just trying to break a bunch records and throw for a bunch of TD's with a stacked offence.

Yeah Peyton Manning has no desire to win a Super Bowl.

DATNEWNEWNEW
10-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Peyton Manning = Total Fraud

He's nothing but an old, slow stat padder who needs a whole system to revolve around him and a perfect offensive line and the best receivers money can buy.

But Peyton Manning on the Packers and he would be benched before his third game and retire at the end of the season. Put Rodgers on Manning's team and he would win 5 Super Bowls in a row and go for 500 tds 0 interceptions. THIS IS A FACT. THE DISCUSSION IS OVER.

Anyone who disagrees no longer has a right to have an opinion on the topic.

LeonardShelby
10-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Rodgers has stronger arm and faster but manning doesn't need it because he knows everything the defense is doing 95% of the time. He's by far the fastest and smartest at reading defenses, he's trained his Offense to be on the exact same page as him at all times and he knows where every player is on the field at all times. He's amazing when it comes to this and that's why he has a weaker arm and legs but is still #1 in the league and breaking HUGE qb records the past two seasons.

Also people talk about his poor playoff play... Well if the Bronocs do win the Super Bowl under Manning this season he'll be 15-12 in the playoffs (14-12 if they get the bye week) just to put into perspective Tony Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs. Brees is 6-5. Rivers is 4-5. Luck is 1-2. Rodgers is 5-4. Cutler 1-1.

Lol conveniently leaving off the playoff record of a certain someone

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah Peyton Manning has no desire to win a Super Bowl.

I dident say that. Go back and read it again

daisbest
10-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Erin

Thee3ternal
10-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Aaron's been losing lineman (and especially centers) pretty much on a yearly basis. Whenever a guy has a contract year coming up the Packers front office unloads him

Colledge, Spitz, Wells, ect just off the top of my head of centers that were whipped off over the past few years

LOL I know man I saw people here saying he held onto it too much I was like "what the ****".

I don't follow the guy too close, don't have League Pass so wouldn't know for sure.

But I do remember especially his MVP season he would have like 2 seconds max almost every play, make an amazing throw and then just get lit up.

So I started looking on youtube for vids of him getting sacked, every single one he drops back and in 2 seconds he's already having to move around in the pocket.

For as good as he is, and as good as people say he is, I think the guy might still actually be underrated.

sdballer5588
10-22-2014, 02:15 PM
Did Tybaseball just leave out Tom Brady when comparing playoff records? lol

Swept
10-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers is IMO the most talented qb of all time. Probably the best arm talent even better than Marino

He doesn't need an elte line, doesn't need super star recievers and tight ends, doesn't need a whole system revolved around him. Just send him out on the field and let him do his thing

Please call me when Peyton can make these kinds of throws

Didn't Rodgers have Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Finley all on the same team? LMAFO
Didn't Rodgers inherent Favre's team that went to the NFC championship?

You act is if Rodgers came into the worst team in the league with no talent, every year he's had one of the best receiving corp in the league.

WasWorthIt
10-22-2014, 03:34 PM
You'd think the best quarterback in football could get to more than one NFC championship in 6 years.

brobeansprah
10-22-2014, 05:44 PM
You'd think the best quarterback in football could get to more than one NFC championship in 6 years.

Thats what happens when the defense gives up nearly 40 points a game in playoff losses..

HoganIsGOAT
10-22-2014, 05:56 PM
You left out Tom Brady, your opinion is invalid.

Doc1232
10-22-2014, 06:24 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/1404344/omgrod.0.gif

If this play wasnt called back for holding, this would be one of the GOAT throwing highlights.

rampagefc77
10-22-2014, 06:34 PM

When you've had one of the worst defenses consistently throughout that time, along with half the team ending up on IR by the time playoffs roll around, it isn't too hard to believe. If he played in the AFC then it would be a different story. The NFC has too many talented teams.

In his first ever playoff game, on the road, he put up 45 points and lost...

BoomhauerMane
10-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Give me Rodgers. I appreciate Manning but honestly the guy can't win when it matters. The opptamy of choke in the playoffs.

Mrs Grudge
10-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Probably Rodgers. Peyton's stats may have been going up as a Broncoe, but he did go to Denver for a reason - they have an excellent offensive line. If Peyton were to currently play on a team that had a faulty line, he would get wrecked due to his awful mobility.

Rothschilds
10-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Rodgers has stronger arm and faster but manning doesn't need it because he knows everything the defense is doing 95% of the time.

Yet Rodgers still turns the ball over less than he does which means he's the better decision maker. Not just that, but he has the stronger arm, is more accurate, and has FAR better mobility in and outside of the pocket.

Brees fan, but Rodgers is quite clearly the best QB in the league.

Brb 18 TDs with only 1 pick which came off of a Jordy tip. This is also with being pulled before the 4th in two of his last 3 games.

Swept
10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Yet Rodgers still turns the ball over less than he does which means he's the better decision maker. Not just that, but he has the stronger arm, is more accurate, and has FAR better mobility in and outside of the pocket.

Brees fan, but Rodgers is quite clearly the best QB in the league.

Brb 18 TDs with only 1 pick which came off of a Jordy tip. This is also with being pulled before the 4th in two of his last 3 games.

Rodgers is having a better season no doubt, but your making it seem like Rodgers is so much superior LMAO
Game by game Manning has been way more consistent, Manning worst game this year was 300 yards 2 Td 1 int 85 PR
while Rodgers has already had 2 games under 200 yards, each of those games he only threw 1 TD.

Tommy12Orr4
10-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Both are excellent QB's, but as much as those saying Rodgers is better don't want to admit it, he takes too many sacks. You can blame the offensive-line all you won't, but for a QB that those same people claim is very mobile, he takes far too many sacks.

Hercegovac8
10-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Didn't Rodgers have Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Jones and Finley all on the same team? LMAFO
Didn't Rodgers inherent Favre's team that went to the NFC championship?

You act is if Rodgers came into the worst team in the league with no talent, every year he's had one of the best receiving corp in the league.

Oh yes, because Jennings and Jones are putting the league on fire now, right? Oh and a 35 year old former practice squad player wasn't exactly Randy Moss

Also look at the Packers roster through the years and notice how the key parts keep leaving. Aaron inherited a hof qb's divisional round winnng team, and took it all the way to the Super Bowl

HoganIsGOAT
10-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Both are excellent QB's, but as much as those saying Rodgers is better don't want to admit it, he takes too many sacks. You can blame the offensive-line all you won't, but for a QB that those same people claim is very mobile, he takes far too many sacks.

That's because he's a stat padder like Potato Manning. He'd rather hurt the team by taking a sack, than hurt his personal stats by throwing it away.

Peyton Manning is similar except he actually just sacks himself when he sees it coming.

http://i.imgur.com/qODByCI.gif

dannyg2127
10-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

easy

wsuwarrior
10-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Rodgers has been the best QB in the league since about 2008-2009. Manning, Brady (hes done), Brees...they are all top tier and excellent QBs (except Brady who is done) but Rodgers simply has everything you want in a QB. He has every.single.tool.

Swept
10-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Oh yes, because Jennings and Jones are putting the league on fire now, right? Oh and a 35 year old former practice squad player wasn't exactly Randy Moss

Also look at the Packers roster through the years and notice how the key parts keep leaving. Aaron inherited a hof qb's divisional round winnng team, and took it all the way to the Super Bowl

Jones is playing with a rookie QB, Jennings is old and playing with a rookie also. Jennings had one of his best season with Favre even though he missed 3 games

With your logic the Broncos were 31st ranked passing offense, DT and Decker weren't chit before Manning came. Julius Thomas is an UDFA. And Decker got number 1 WR money hasn't done chit.

Hercegovac8
10-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Jones is playing with a rookie QB, Jennings is old and playing with a rookie also. Jennings had one of his best season with Favre even though he missed 3 games

With your logic the Broncos were 31st ranked passing offense, DT and Decker weren't chit before Manning came. Julius Thomas is an UDFA. And Decker got number 1 WR money hasn't done chit.

Only difference is Brett Favre was throwing the ball before Aaron got the starting job, Tebow was throwing it to Decker and Thomas, and even then I remember them getting numbers and ppl saying how good them two were

What's ur argument anyways? That the Packers do (and did) have a good oline? Have a starting caliber TE? That the Packer's entire playbook revolves around Aaron's strengths (and weaknesses)? That the organization breaks the bank to bring in super star players to put around him? Because none of that is true

Yes, Jennings was a good player, and yes he had two great qbs throwing it to him, no arguments there. Jordy is also great, as well as Cobb, Jones was always so/so, he'd make a great play, and then he'd drop a routine pass, I remember Coach Mccarthy saying he had concentration of stone lol. Finley is gone, and the new TE Richard Rodgers has 3 catches on the year...

But yeah at the end of the day my point remains, Aaron's the most talented qb in the nfl by far

mike.hunt
10-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Rodgers is so sexy and throw dat ball so good, wood husband/10

Swept
10-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Only difference is Brett Favre was throwing the ball before Aaron got the starting job, Tebow was throwing it to Decker and Thomas, and even then I remember them getting numbers and ppl saying how good them two were

What's ur argument anyways? That the Packers do (and did) have a good oline? Have a starting caliber TE? That the Packer's entire playbook revolves around Aaron's strengths (and weaknesses)? That the organization breaks the bank to bring in super star players to put around him? Because none of that is true

Yes, Jennings was a good player, and yes he had two great qbs throwing it to him, no arguments there. Jordy is also great, as well as Cobb, Jones was always so/so, he'd make a great play, and then he'd drop a routine pass, I remember Coach Mccarthy saying he had concentration of stone lol. Finley is gone, and the new TE Richard Rodgers has 3 catches on the year...

But yeah at the end of the day my point remains, Aaron's the most talented qb in the nfl by far

Tebow and Orton and neither of them produced, if your a great weapons your suppose to produce no matter the QB. And you made it out to seem like Jennings was a product of Rodgers when he was producing before Rodger even started.

What your argument? that Manning is more successful cause of the talent around him? you do know the broncos were HEAVELY depleted at O-line last year, you do know Welker was out producing what he did with Brady being Manning's third option? I already brought up Decker and Thomas. And what superstars they have break the bank for? the ones on defense?

You bring up drops as if Decker and Thomas weren't dropping passes like crazy last year LMAO, and if your a great QB your suppose to produce with any TE right? chit Thomas as an UDFA, Manning also produced with Tamme.

Manning is not even top 10 in talent at this point in his career, that doesn't change the fact the last 2 and half season he's been the best QB in the NFL

Hercegovac8
10-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Tebow and Orton and neither of them produced, if your a great weapons your suppose to produce no matter the QB. And you made it out to seem like Jennings was a product of Rodgers when he was producing before Rodger even started.

What your argument? that Manning is more successful cause of the talent around him? you do know the broncos were HEAVELY depleted at O-line last year, you do know Welker was out producing what he did with Brady being Manning's third option? I already brought up Decker and Thomas. And what superstars they have break the bank for? the ones on defense?

You bring up drops as if Decker and Thomas weren't dropping passes like crazy last year LMAO, and if your a great QB your suppose to produce with any TE right? chit Thomas as an UDFA, Manning also produced with Tamme.

Manning is not even top 10 in talent at this point in his career, that doesn't change the fact the last 2 and half season he's been the best QB in the NFL

So we're going to lump Brett Favre with Tebow and Orton now? U make it sound like ur surprised that Jennings played well with Favre throwing at him

And yeah that is my exact argument, Rodgers is the more talented player, and the reason Peyton has those stats is because the team is built around him and his system, plus good ole fashion stat padding. Brb pick plays at the 1 yard mark, and throwing it 3 straight times in the red zone. Meanwhile Aaron didn't play a snap in the 4th quarter vs the Panthers

Swept
10-23-2014, 02:01 AM
So we're going to lump Brett Favre with Tebow and Orton now? U make it sound like ur surprised that Jennings played well with Favre throwing at him

And yeah that is my exact argument, Rodgers is the more talented player, and the reason Peyton has those stats is because the team is built around him and his system, plus good ole fashion stat padding. Brb pick plays at the 1 yard mark, and throwing it 3 straight times in the red zone. Meanwhile Aaron didn't play a snap in the 4th quarter vs the Panthers

Nothing was build around Manning, he inherited a chitty offense made it what it is now. Rodgers on the other was handed a top team on a silver platter. LMAO stats padding, I'm panthers fan, Rodgers threw 3 times in the rezone when they were up by 21. strong stat padding. BTW Manning did sit out the 4th Q

rampagefc77
10-23-2014, 05:43 AM
Nothing was build around Manning, he inherited a chitty offense made it what it is now. Rodgers on the other was handed a top team on a silver platter. LMAO stats padding, I'm panthers fan, Rodgers threw 3 times in the rezone when they were up by 21. strong stat padding. BTW Manning did sit out the 4th Q

The 2 years leading up to that NFC championship season with Favre the packers were 4-12 and 8-8 and terrible teams. The 13-3 team was an anomaly that somehow won every close game truthfully. Rodgers has consistently played with a terrible defense, mediocre o-line, and no run game to speak of until the last year. He has had above average receivers, though lately this has been a revolving door, losing Jennings, Driver, Jones, Finley, etc.

Denver had a team that even Tebow could bring to the playoffs...

TAWS6
10-23-2014, 05:48 AM
Rodgers isn't a playoff choker.

Easy choice

svtballa
10-23-2014, 08:13 AM
long read but totally worth it..... basically tells you that while harrison/wayne were good they wernt physically imposing they were glorified slot recievers. Really well worth the read and put into percspective how great manning is

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46279/311/wr-size--and--red-zone-efficiency?pg=1

Thee3ternal
10-23-2014, 08:18 AM
long read but totally worth it..... basically tells you that while harrison/wayne were good they wernt physically imposing they were glorified slot recievers. Really well worth the read and put into percspective how great manning is

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/46279/311/wr-size--and--red-zone-efficiency?pg=1

Yeah how about instead I print that article out on toilet paper?

2 HOF glorified slot WR's.

Moron.

svtballa
10-23-2014, 08:23 AM
people also forget that harrison was there before manning....and his #s pre manning were...

64/836
74/860.....very next season he gets manning and is on pace for 1k yards but gets hurt and ends up with 774...very next season which is his first full season with manning hes leads the league in yards with 1663..... Manning made harrison...deal with it

svtballa
10-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah how about instead I print that article out on toilet paper?

2 HOF glorified slot WR's.

Moron.

cool story bro? how about debating with some facts

Thee3ternal
10-23-2014, 08:34 AM
cool story bro? how about debating with some facts

Right cause 64/836/8 TD's and 74/860/6 TD's are just horrible for first 2 years in 96 and 97 when your QB was Jim ****ing Harbaugh.

Like I said you're a moron, also a lot clearer because you thought people wouldn't go check stats 'big 3' you conveniently decided to leave out.

svtballa
10-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Right cause 64/836/8 TD's and 74/860/6 TD's are just horrible for first 2 years in 96 and 97 when your QB was Jim ****ing Harbaugh.

Like I said you're a moron, also a lot clearer because you thought people wouldn't go check stats 'big 3' you conveniently decided to leave out.

Show me where I said he had bad numbers? point is manning doubled his production.fact

Thee3ternal
10-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Show me where I said he had bad numbers? point is manning doubled his production.fact

Oh so you're telling me Peyton Manning is a better QB than Jim Harbaugh?

Cause up until your last post I used to get both of their stats confused, but thanks for the clarification.

svtballa
10-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Oh so you're telling me Peyton Manning is a better QB than Jim Harbaugh?

Cause up until your last post I used to get both of their stats confused, but thanks for the clarification.

yes exactly your fianllay getting it...hes much better hence why harrison was putting up great numbers with manning...same reason why guys Like Moss put up numbers no matter who was throwing him the ball...Gordon had 1400 with Brandon weeden lol Calvin droped 1200 with Dan Orlovski...STUD recievers put up numbers no matter who is throwing them the ball....But it took manning to actually get harrison to where he was

impactplayer616
10-23-2014, 09:08 AM
If you dont take playoff record into account Peyton Manning is the greatest PLAYER the NFL has ever seen.

With that being said we do, so I'd pick Aaron Rodgers every day of the week.

smashedpotato
10-23-2014, 09:50 AM
If you dont take playoff record into account Peyton Manning is the greatest PLAYER the NFL has ever seen.

Well....kinda, Brady has a higher winning percentage at .763, peyton is .680. Peyton has been in the league longer tho and was a starter his first year.

salituro
10-23-2014, 09:52 AM
manning is goat

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 10:12 AM
The 2 years leading up to that NFC championship season with Favre the packers were 4-12 and 8-8 and terrible teams. The 13-3 team was an anomaly that somehow won every close game truthfully.

The 13-3 team was an anomaly that somehow won every close game truthfully.

an anomaly that somehow won every close game truthfully.

Wanna know how I know you don't watch much football?

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:15 AM

lol everyone knew the Broncos had talent on offense wtf are you talking about. It was a chitty offense because of Tebow. You put Rodgers on that team and he throws 55 tds easy and he won't need WR screens on the 1 yard line or short dump offs where the WR does all the YAC work to do it either.

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:16 AM
using winning % to determine how good a quarterback is lulzy. winning % is a measure of how good your teams were and how easy your schedules were. brady plays in the worlds easiest division and has had an absolutely stacked team for most of his career. peyton didn't get to play under a bellicheck or with a randy moss or have a team with i think 7 pro bowlers in a single season and so on.

manning is a much much better qb than brady and anyone that isn't a hardcore pats dickrider will agree with thatThe AFC south was tough? Since when?

smashedpotato
10-23-2014, 10:17 AM
using winning % to determine how good a quarterback is lulzy. winning % is a measure of how good your teams were and how easy your schedules were. brady plays in the worlds easiest division and has had an absolutely stacked team for most of his career. peyton didn't get to play under a bellicheck or with a randy moss or have a team with i think 7 pro bowlers in a single season and so on.

manning is a much much better qb than brady and anyone that isn't a hardcore pats dickrider will agree with that

Lol, peyton manning has been on great teams, most of those colts teams were stacked with all pro recieves and great defences, they were 14-2 13-3 pretty much every year,besides his last year with the colts, peyton has been in a position to go to a superbowl almost every year, 1 and done 8 times because peyton chokes it away, his teams were never the problem it was always him. Even the one superbowl he did win was pretty underwelming. 15 years in the league as the suposed ' greatest qb of all time' youd think he would have more then one ring to show for it. So please tell me what else do you think peyton needs to win, id love to hear some more excuses,why this wasent good enough of why that wasent good enough. i just cant think of any more. Do you think the Broncos should sign Jesus? Maybe if Jesus was a reciever for peyton manning, maybe then he could win. Plenty of qb's have gotten it done with far less then peyton has been surounded with. Enough ,your arguement sucks..

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:19 AM
The 2 years leading up to that NFC championship season with Favre the packers were 4-12 and 8-8 and terrible teams. The 13-3 team was an anomaly that somehow won every close game truthfully. Rodgers has consistently played with a terrible defense, mediocre o-line, and no run game to speak of until the last year. He has had above average receivers, though lately this has been a revolving door, losing Jennings, Driver, Jones, Finley, etc.

LMAO now they're anomaly, the packers always had defense that created turnovers an offense best friends, he also had Grant he was decent for a couple years. A lot of the sacks are Rodgers fault and they're stats backing that up.

Denver backed into the playoffs at 8-8 and had the 31st ranked passing offense, I remember before Manning signed with Denver everyone thought he was going to SF, KC, Tennessee or Miami cause they all had a better supporting cast. But all of a sudden they have the greatest supporting cast ever LMAO.

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Manning had a makeshift o-line last season and never had a great line with the colts like Brady had for a decade in NE. He just gets rid of the ball so fast he barely get sacked

Half of the packers sacks are Rodgers fault to begin with, he holds the ball way to long.lol thats because Manning can't throw over 10 yards.

And yes Rodgers would rather take the sack than throw a ball that can get intercepted. How is this a negative?

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:23 AM
LMAO now they're anomaly, the packers always had defense that created turnovers an offense best friends, he also had Grant he was decent for a couple years. A lot of the sacks are Rodgers fault and they're stats backing that up.

Denver backed into the playoffs at 8-8 and had the 31st ranked passing offense, I remember before Manning signed with Denver everyone thought he was going to SF, KC, Tennessee or Miami cause they all had a better supporting cast. But all of a sudden they have the greatest supporting cast ever LMAO.Lmfao who said the Titans or Dolphins had a better supporting cast? Are you retarded? Everyone knew D.Thomas and Decker had talent, they made plays with fuking TIM TEBOW. Add in Welker and then an athletic TE and he has amazing WRs.

Broncos have a good o-line so idk where you're going with that. And I love everyone's excuse of Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Try watching a Packers game, especially vs Seattle. He was getting killed within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped. You dumbfuks read an article on bleacher report saying Rodgers holds the ball too long and take it as fact.

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:26 AM
lol thats because Manning can't throw over 10 yards.

And yes Rodgers would rather take the sack than throw a ball that can get intercepted. How is this a negative?

http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-1919_20_12.gif

yeah cause Manning is known for throwing a ton of picks

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:32 AM
http://footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-10-1919_20_12.gif

yeah cause Manning is known for throwing a ton of picksOh nice he made a deep throw. Most of his passes are under 10ish yards and the WR make plays. Broncos led the league in YAC last year.

Thanks for that gif by the way. Absolutely ZERO pressure on him.

You're right by the way. Manning is only known for throwing interceptions in the playoffs.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0207/nfl_g_saintsts13_576.jpg

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Lmfao who said the Titans or Dolphins had a better supporting cast? Are you retarded? Everyone knew D.Thomas and Decker had talent, they made plays with fuking TIM TEBOW. Add in Welker and then an athletic TE and he has amazing WRs.

Broncos have a good o-line so idk where you're going with that. And I love everyone's excuse of Rodgers holding onto the ball too long. Try watching a Packers game, especially vs Seattle. He was getting killed within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped. You dumbfuks read an article on bleacher report saying Rodgers holds the ball too long and take it as fact.

Everyone said they were better, nobody was even talking about Decker or Thomas. And they're a dozens athletic TE's , Manning made an UDFA a viable weapon, and Manning took an old Welker past his prime and made him have his beast season TD wise ever while missing 3 games. And now he's doing the same with Sanders

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Oh nice he made a deep throw. Most of his passes are under 10ish yards and the WR make plays. Broncos led the league in YAC last year.

Thanks for that gif by the way. Absolutely ZERO pressure on him.

You're right by the way. Manning is only known for throwing interceptions in the playoffs.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0207/nfl_g_saintsts13_576.jpg

and the packers were 3 spots below them and the year before that the packer top 5 and the year before that the packer were top 3.

Manning stats per game in the playoffs are better than Brady's

where's Aaron Rodgers on this list BTW LMFAO
VuJoUnvSjMQ

Goat gonna goat

Beliedat
Lmfao who said the Titans or Dolphins had a better supporting cast? Are you retarded? Everyone knew D.Thomas and Decker had talent, they made plays with fuking TIM TEBOW. Add in Welker and then an athletic TE and he has amazing WRs.

This year is the first time Manning has had a good line in Denver. Last year there were 4 guys on the line playing out of position, and he's been without his All Pro LT in Denver as often as he's had him. It was even worse his first year.

DT and Decker were absolute unknowns in Denver during Tebow Time, and they didn't make plays with Tebow. DT made a play in the last game Tebow ever played in Denver, that's it. He went from 500 yards w Tebow to 1440 w Manning.

Welker joined Denver in Peyton's 2nd year. Julius Thomas had one reception in his career before 2013.

Sooo, you're 100% wrong about everything you just mentioned regarding Denver. nice

Denver was an offensive dumpster fire before Manning arrived.

Future24
Everyone said they were better, nobody was even talking about Decker or Thomas. And they're a dozens athletic TE's , Manning made an UDFA a viable weapon, and Manning took an old Welker past his prime and made him have his beast season TD wise ever while missing 3 games. And now he's doing the same with Sanders

Welker past his prime? Hold up...

2011: 122 receptions; 1569 yards; 9 tds; 12.9 yards per reception
2012: 118 receptions; 1354 yards; 6 tds; 11.5 ypr
2013 (Denver): 73 receptions; 778 yards; 10 tds; 10.7 ypr

Wow he was really struggling before going to Denver...So Manning just threw him the ball more in the redzone while Brady threw to Gronk and Hernandez in the redzone. Manning really revived this old man's career!

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Welker past his prime? Hold up...

2011: 122 receptions; 1569 yards; 9 tds; 12.9 yards per reception
2012: 118 receptions; 1354 yards; 6 tds; 11.5 ypr
2013 (Denver): 73 receptions; 778 yards; 10 tds; 10.7 ypr

Wow he was really struggling before going to Denver...So Manning just threw him the ball more in the redzone while Brady threw to Gronk and Hernandez in the redzone. Manning really revived this old man's career!

LMAO you just made my point his stats were decreasing. And Welker is old, he's I think the 4th or 5th oldest receiver in the league. Manning made Welker a redzone target something Brady couldn't

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:43 AM
This year is the first time Manning has had a good line in Denver. Last year there were 4 guys on the line playing out of position, and he's been without his All Pro LT in Denver as often as he's had him.

DT and Decker were absolute unknowns in Denver during Tebow Time, and they didn't make plays with Tebow. DT made a play in the last game Tebow ever played in Denver.

Welker joined Denver in Peyton's 2nd year. Julius Thomas had one reception in his before 2013.

Sooo, you're 100% wrong about everything you just mentioned regarding Denver. nice

Denver was an offensive dumpster fire before Manning arrived.I was referencing last season's supporting cast. It is the best in the league hence how easy it was for his 55. Just lol if you didn't see that Thomas had talent. He averaged 17.2 yards per reception WITH TEBOW, that is the highest of his career btw. Decker had 8 tds with Tebow..

Manning was sacked 21 times in his first season and 18 last season. That's lower than Brady in the years he supposedly had this godly oline...

Rodgers was sacked 21 times in fuking 9 games last year. You're retarded if you don't think the Broncos have a good line.

Manning was the 31st most sacked QB in 2012; 34th most sacked QB in 2013; and 28th this year.

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:45 AM
LMAO you just made my point his stats were decreasing. And Welker is old, he's I think the 4th or 5th oldest receiver in the league. Manning made Welker a redzone target something Brady couldn't4 catches and 200 yards difference = past your prime. Get the fuk out.

Brady couldn't make him a redzone target? 1 TD is that huge of a difference? He had 8 tds and 7 tds in different seasons with Brady.

smashedpotato
10-23-2014, 10:52 AM
This year is the first time Manning has had a good line in Denver. Last year there were 4 guys on the line playing out of position, and he's been without his All Pro LT in Denver as often as he's had him. It was even worse his first year.

DT and Decker were absolute unknowns in Denver during Tebow Time, and they didn't make plays with Tebow. DT made a play in the last game Tebow ever played in Denver, that's it. He went from 500 yards w Tebow to 1440 w Manning.

Welker joined Denver in Peyton's 2nd year. Julius Thomas had one reception in his career before 2013.

Denver was an offensive dumpster fire before Manning arrived.

I think facts might be getting in the way of your arguement.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I was referencing last season's supporting cast.
No you weren't. The discussion was clearly in relation to why manning signed in Denver. Unless you can't follow your own conversation.
It is the best in the league hence how easy it was for his 55. Just lol if you didn't see that Thomas had talent. He averaged 17.2 yards per reception WITH TEBOW, that is the highest of his career btw.
This is largely irrelevant when you can't break 600 yards. He was a nobody with potential and injury history, like many failed 1st round receivers.
Manning was sacked 21 times in his first season and 18 last season. That's lower than Brady in the years he supposedly had this godly oline...

Rodgers was sacked 21 times in fuking 9 games last year. You're retarded if you don't think the Broncos have a good line.

Manning was the 31st most sacked QB in 2012; 34th most sacked QB in 2013; and 28th this year.
Manning has arguably the quickest release in football, and has always differed to short/intermediate routes under pressure.

Denver HAS a good line this year, in the past two they were a patchwork of guys playing out of position due to injuries.

I know my team better than you do, your efforts are very much in vain.

Future24
10-23-2014, 10:56 AM
No you weren't. The discussion was clearly in relation to why manning signed in Denver. Unless you can't follow your own conversation.
This is largely irrelevant when you can't break 600 yards. He was a nobody with potential and injury history, like many failed 1st round receivers.
Manning has arguably the quickest release in football, and has always differs to short/intermediate routes under pressure.

Denver HAS a good line this year, in the past two they were a patchwork of guys playing out of position due to injuries.

I know my team better than you do, your efforts are very much in vain.Okay so you're saying he throws really short routes? Got it. Dump offs and YAC is Manning's go to. That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

Swept
10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
4 catches and 200 yards difference = past your prime. Get the fuk out.

Brady couldn't make him a redzone target? 1 TD is that huge of a difference? He had 8 tds and 7 tds in different seasons with Brady.

1 td LMAO he missed 3 games chithead, he would of had at least 12 if not more.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:00 AM
1 td LMAO he missed 3 games chithead, he would of had at least 12 if not more.lol strong projections.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Okay so you're saying he throws really short routes? Got it. Dump offs and YAC is Manning's go to. That's what I've been saying from the beginning.

Oh, I thought you've been saying Denver was tremendously talented before Manning. I was only under that impression because that is what you were saying.

Manning is 3rd in the NFL in Quarterback Air Yards so far this year. He was first in the league in 2013. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance.

1 Andrew Luck IND 2,331 1,073 1,258 4.17 54.0% 46.0%
2 Matt Ryan ATL 2,078 974 1,104 3.97 53.1% 46.9%
3 Peyton Manning DEN 1,848 771 1,077 4.96 58.3% 41.7%
4 Tony Romo DAL 1,789 713 1,076 5.03 60.2% 39.9%
5 Philip Rivers SD 1,961 909 1,052 4.57 53.7% 46.4%

1 Peyton Manning DEN 5,477 2,682 2,795 4.24 51.0% 49.0%
2 Drew Brees NO 5,162 2,576 2,586 3.98 50.1% 49.9%
3 Carson Palmer ARI 4,274 1,854 2,420 4.23 56.6% 43.4%
4 Eli Manning NYG 3,818 1,547 2,271 4.12 59.5% 40.5%
5 Matthew Stafford DET 4,650 2,392 2,258 3.56 48.6% 51.4%

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2013/

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2014/

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Oh, I thought you've been saying Denver was tremendously talented before Manning. I was only under that impression because that is what you were saying.

Manning is 3rd in the NFL in Quarterback Air Yards so far this year. He was first in the league in 2013. But please, don't let facts get in the way of your ignorance.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2013/

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2014/Tremendously talent? No. They had a solid o-line and 2 WRs who you can see have good potential.

He also led the league in YAC yards so what's your point? Half of his yards came from YAC. How many times to do they throw a screen or a 2 yard pass to DThomas and he takes it for 30+ yards?

http://espngrantland.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grant_bradymanning2_1152x8042.jpg?w=694

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Tremendously talent? No. They had a solid o-line and 2 WRs who you can see have good potential.

He also led the league in YAC yards so what's your point? Half of his yards came from YAC. How many times to do they throw a screen or a 2 yard pass to DThomas and he takes it for 30+ yards?

Denver didn't have a solid O-Line before this year, they never had consistency, or health. Do you know who Denver's starting LT was when Clady went down? Cause he's no longer a starter in the NFL. They haven't had a player on the line play the same position in consecutive years since Manning got to Denver. WRs with potential are quite literally a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Since Manning joined Denver, actually for the last 5 years, Manning has had a smaller YAC percentage than Aaron Rodgers. I only went 5 years because you've already been sonned completely in this thread.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Denver didn't have a solid O-Line before this year, they never had consistency, or health. Do you know who Denver's starting LT was when Clady went down? Cause he's no longer a starter in the NFL. They haven't had a player on the line play the same position in consecutive years since Manning got to Denver. WRs with potential are quite literally a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Since Manning joined Denver, actually for the last 5 years, Manning has had a smaller YAC percentage than Aaron Rodgers. I only went 5 years because you've already been sonned completely in this thread.

You have no idea what you are talking about.lol

Yeah obviously because the Packers oline is fuking garbage. Broncos lead the league in least sacks given up per pass attempt the past 3 years. Their oline gives Manning time and he throws short routes. The Packers are forced to call short routes because the oline is one of the worst in the league. So you have no idea what you're talking about. Every time I watch a Broncos game Manning has time to throw on a majority of his passes. Watch a Packers game, Rodgers gets killed every other play. Next time you cite a stat consider why it would be that the Packers throw quick routes from time to time. Rodgers throws a lot of mid level passes.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:19 AM
lol

Yeah obviously because the Packers oline is fuking garbage. Broncos lead the league in least sacks given up per pass attempt the past 3 years. Their oline gives Manning time and he throws short routes. The Packers are forced to call short routes because the oline is one of the worst in the league. So you have no idea what you're talking about. Every time I watch a Broncos game Manning has time to throw on a majority of his passes. Watch a Packers game, Rodgers gets killed every other play. Next time you cite a stat consider why it would be that the Packers throw quick routes from time to time. Rodgers throws a lot of mid level passes.

I'm not debating that Rodgers gets wrecked much more than Peyton. I'm not even debating who the better quarterback is. The only time I referenced Rodgers was in relation to him generating less percentage Air Yards than Peyton historically, and currently. I'm simply pointing out that when discussing the Broncos and Manning, factually you have no clue what you are talking about. I don't know how many of your inaccurate claims I need to correct before you just admit that you are unaware.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not debating that Rodgers gets wrecked much more than Peyton. I'm not even debating who the better quarterback is. The only time I referenced Rodgers was in relation to him generating less percentage Air Yards than Peyton historically, and currently. I'm simply pointing out that when discussing the Broncos and Manning, factually you have no clue what you are talking about. I don't know how many of your inaccurate claims I need to correct before you just admit that you are unaware.Unaware of what? The Broncos get a lot of YAC yards. Manning is one of the least sacked QBs. The Broncos had a lot of potential when Manning was picking teams, yes I'll say the 9ers were way more stacked and he should have went there, but the weapons were there. If Thomas, Welker, Decker, or J.Thomas went and played with a QB like Rivers, would their stats fall off a lot?

Swept
10-23-2014, 11:27 AM
lol

But I thought you said Rodgers holds the ball longer for he won't throw picks, so your contradicting yourself.

What don't you understand about Manning getting rid of the ball faster than any QB in league history. Is it that hard to understand? It's called knowing all your receivers routes and timing something Manning is light years ahead of Rodgers or any QB for that matter

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Find me a stat about completions on those air yards by the way. I'm actually interested in seeing this. If Manning just completed say 60-70% of his passes around 1-15 yards to get those air yards. Because his yards are pretty evenly split between YAC and air yards, but i want to see how many completions he had for those air yards. If it took him 60-70% of his attempts to get there then..

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:29 AM
But I thought you said Rodgers holds the ball longer for he won't throw picks, so your contradicting yourself.

What don't you understand about Manning getting rid of the ball faster than any QB in league history. Is it that hard to understand? It's called knowing all your receivers routes and timing something Manning is light years ahead of Rodgers or any QB for that matterRodgers does hold the ball longer rather than throwing an interception. I'm not saying all the sacks are on his oline. There are times he holds it too long but not as much as people make it seem. He also extends a lot of plays to give his WRs time to get open.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Unaware of what? Unaware in the sense that you've demonstrated very little knowledge of Denver's roster before and during Manning's tenure. Unaware that Manning gets more yards through the air than anyone more often than not, and always more than Rodgers. Unaware that Peyton has thrived with garbage linemen throughout his career because of his mind and his release.

The Broncos get a lot of YAC yards. Manning is one of the least sacked QBs. And? This is talking a lot and saying nothing. To make his sack %age an indictment only demonstrates a tenuous understanding of how Manning plays QB.
The Broncos had a lot of potential when Manning was picking teams, yes I'll say the 9ers were way more stacked and he should have went there, but the weapons were there.
Potential weapons and actual weapons are very different things. The weapons WEREN'T weapons in Denver until Manning got there. They were just guys. Decker and Thomas had done nothing to seperate themselves from a herd of average receivers before Manning. J Thomas had caught one ball in his career. The only guys who had established themselves were Stokely, Tamme, and to some extent Decker w 600 yards and 8 TDs. The Great White Triumvirate.
If Thomas, Welker, Decker, or J.Thomas went and played with a QB like Rivers, would their stats fall off a lot?Who knows how much of it is Peyton, the scheme, or innate talent. I don't like to play hypotheticals when discussing sports, it's largely useless.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Unaware in the sense that you've demonstrated very little knowledge of Denver's roster before and during Manning's tenure. Unaware that Manning gets more yards through the air than anyone more often than not, and always more than Rodgers. Unaware that Peyton has thrived with garbage linemen throughout his career because of his mind and his release.
And? This is talking a lot and saying nothing. To make his sack %age an indictment only demonstrates a tenuous understanding of how Manning plays QB.
Potential weapons and actual weapons are very different things. The weapons WEREN'T weapons in Denver until Manning got there. They were just guys. Decker and Thomas had done nothing to seperate themselves from a herd of average receivers before Manning. J Thomas had caught one ball in his career. The only guys who had established themselves were Stokely, Tamme, and to some extent Decker. The Great White Triumvirate. Who knows how much of it is Peyton, the scheme, or innate talent. I don't like to play hypotheticals when discussing sports, it's largely useless.Okay just show me how many completions he had to get those air yards vs how many completions got those yac yards.

Say 350 of his completions accounted for his Air yards while 100 accounted for YAC yards; last season the yards were 50/50 about, so if that's the amount of completions it takes for him to get his air yards then it just proves he throws shorter routes constantly because his YPC in air yards will be really small.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Okay just show me how many completions he had to get those air yards vs how many completions got those yac yards.

lmao. The completions are completions either way. They count the same and can't be separated and counted. Air Yards come before YAC yards on the same completion.

You can't have a completion in which YAC is gained, without gaining Air Yards in the same completion, unless it's a backward pass.

Just lol.

TAWS6
10-23-2014, 11:39 AM
Manning stats per game in the playoffs are better than Brady's

VuJoUnvSjMQ

Goat gonna goat

Mannings problem is key interceptions when the game is on the line. Not overall stats.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:40 AM
lmao. The completions are completions either way. They count the same and can't be separated and counted. Air Yards come before YAC yards on the same amount of completions.

You can't have a completion in which YAC is gained, without gaining Air Yards in the same completion, unless it's a backward pass.

Just lol....what the fuk are you even saying?

If 2000 yards come from "Air Yards" and it took him 275 completions to get that then he's throwing 7.2 yards get there. On average for his air yards he is throwing 7 yards, so no hes not throwing it deep. That's my point. You're making it seem like his air yards are coming from throwing 15+ yards when in reality he could just be throwing 6-7 yards but completing a bunch of those passes to get those air yards.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 11:51 AM
...what the fuk are you even saying?You asked how many completions came from air yards, and how many came from YAC. You cannot separately quantify the two on a forward pass, because both occur on the same completion. The only way to separate the two would be on backward screen passes for YAC alone, but this introduces an aberration, as it's uncommon.

If 2000 yards come from "Air Yards" and it took him 275 completions to get that then he's throwing 7.2 yards get there. On average for his air yards he is throwing 7 yards, so no hes not throwing it deep. That's my point. You're making it seem like his air yards are coming from throwing 15+ yards when in reality he could just be throwing 6-7 yards but completing a bunch of those passes to get those air yards.

This is somewhat true. The closest you could get is YPA or go through each individual play and find an average distance to catch, which I'm struggling to find a resource for. Manning led the league in YPA last year, but as I pointed out before, YPA isn't separated by QBAY or YAC.

Future24
10-23-2014, 11:58 AM
You asked how many completions came from air yards, and how many came from YAC. You cannot separately quantify the two on a forward pass, because both occur on the same completion. The only way to separate the two would be on backward screen passes for YAC alone, but this introduces an aberration, as it's uncommon.

This is somewhat true. The closest you could get is YPA or go through each individual play and find an average distance to catch, which I'm struggling to find a resource for. Manning led the league in YPA last year, but as I pointed out before, YPA isn't separated by QBAY or YAC.lol yeah I went full retard on the YAC/completions aspect. I tried to explain it after and thought what the fuk does that even.

Thee3ternal
yes exactly your fianllay getting it...hes much better hence why harrison was putting up great numbers with manning...same reason why guys Like Moss put up numbers no matter who was throwing him the ball...Gordon had 1400 with Brandon weeden lol Calvin droped 1200 with Dan Orlovski...STUD recievers put up numbers no matter who is throwing them the ball....But it took manning to actually get harrison to where he was

Dude you have to have some sort of learning disability.

You're comparing WR's from the mid-2000 stats to mid 90's.

Then you bring up Moss, like Harrison wasn't competing with a HOF RB for touches

And the thread is whether Manning is better than Rodgers, not if he's better than some no-name journeyman QB.

Once again you're a moron just leave it alone already.

svtballa
right now Peyton is second in the NFL in yards per attempt with 8.52..... Who was screen pass?

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
lol yeah I went full retard on the YAC/completions aspect. I tried to explain it after and thought what the fuk does that even.
Lol no worries.

Future24
10-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Lol no worries.Manning sucks.

Beliedat
10-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Manning sucks.
You're gay.

sdballer5588
10-23-2014, 01:07 PM
You're gay.

Gaylord.