PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real for just a second: Manning Vs. Brady (why you like who you do)

Thee3ternal
10-21-2014, 03:35 PM
OK the honest truth here is:

The guys who think Tom Brady is better are:

The alpha male, quarterback, varsity captain type men of the world.

The guys who think Peyton Manning is better are:

The beta, FA, WoW, chess club, Hentai, socially awkward type of "people"

You like either QB because he subconsciously speaks to who you are.

Think of the odds both guys have overcame:

Brady- Hardly scouted, had to fight for his spot, almost undrafted, went on to win multiple SB's and creampie the hottest women in the world.

Manning- Mild retardation, red carpet rolled out for him, choked more than David Carradine, set the record for largest helmet ever made.

ColdSteelToFace
10-21-2014, 03:39 PM
I keep seeing this guy when I look at your avi

http://content8.flixster.com/rtactor/42/18/42182_pro.jpg

GinoFelino
10-21-2014, 03:40 PM
I like Brady because he is cute.

stevemckenna
10-21-2014, 03:44 PM
http://www.distractify.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/the-most-signature-tom-brady-gifs-the-high-five-fails-are-just-priceless-1.gif

neighborr
10-21-2014, 03:45 PM
This is your 4th thread about Manning in 48 hours.

OP is obsessed with Pey Pey. Probably has a shrine of him in his closet.

Thee3ternal
10-21-2014, 03:49 PM
This is your 4th thread about Manning in 48 hours.

OP is obsessed with Pey Pey. Probably has a shrine of him in his closet.

5XBASpkDzx8

Lunatic
10-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I wish I could neg OP again.

Haven't they both lost 2 superbowls?

outfoxxed
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
sohow come you like tom brady op?

Cause I know you're not:

HoganIsGOAT
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Tom Brady, hands down.

tmertz
10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Gay 4 Pey Pey

BioDiver
10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
But Brady is 0-2 against a Manning in the Super Bowl:

http://cover32.com/seahawks/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2013/12/stupideli1.jpg

HughBMyron
10-21-2014, 04:33 PM
OK the honest truth here is:

The guys who think Tom Brady is better are:

The guys who think Peyton Manning is better are:

The beta, FA, WoW, chess club, Hentai, socially awkward type of "people"

You like either QB because he subconsciously speaks to who you are.

Think of the odds both guys have overcame:

Brady- Hardly scouted, had to fight for his spot, almost undrafted, went on to win multiple SB's and creampie the hottest women in the world.

Manning- Mild retardation, red carpet rolled out for him, choked more than David Carradine, set the record for largest helmet ever made.

U wot m8?

he was very scouted. lots of scouts rated him higher then where he went. he fell because teams worried about his non athletic ability translating over to the nfl and his weak throwing arm. everyone agreed he was a very smart QB.

smashedpotato
10-21-2014, 05:01 PM
U wot m8?

he was very scouted. lots of scouts rated him higher then where he went. he fell because teams worried about his non athletic ability translating over to the nfl and his weak throwing arm. everyone agreed he was a very smart QB.

This is true, he was scouted a lot. And he did fall in the draft because he had a bad combine and the guys taken ahead of him like Pennington, Gio Carmazzi, Tee martin, Chris Redman and a couple others I cant remember had better resumes and overall just appeared to be much better QB's at the time.

FGCHENG
10-21-2014, 05:10 PM
Imagine if Peyton Manning played under coach Billichick his whole career? Mind=blown.

sdballer5588
10-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Imagine if Peyton Manning played under coach Billichick his whole career? Mind=blown.

who's Billichick.

Onita
10-21-2014, 05:16 PM
I like them both. Don't know them feels for a great QB

AgRyan
10-21-2014, 05:19 PM
I'd take my boy Rivers over both of them (srs)

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/13/files/2013/09/p0ZRwYf.gif

But I'd be happy with Brady too. Manning just comes off as a pretender and I hate people who don't perform under pressure. If you can't do it under pressure, what's the point?

Youppi
10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I wonder what people would be saying if Manning won that SB

NateTheGood
10-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Brady dickriders and Pats bandwagon fans are the loud, obnoxious, wannabe jocks who wear jerseys to class and have never tried out for a varsity team in their lives. They are betas doing their best impression of an alpha.

sdballer5588
10-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Brady dickriders and Pats bandwagon fans are the loud, obnoxious, wannabe jocks who wear jerseys to class and have never tried out for a varsity team in their lives. They are betas doing their best impression of an alpha.

Looks at avi location and stats.

Bro you've been bullied one too many times by Brady-esque alphas. Why so salty.

toekneele
10-21-2014, 05:46 PM
Lol that comparison is pretty spot on haha. I'm more of a Brady guy myself

TAWS6
10-21-2014, 05:49 PM
P. Manning- Regular season
E. Manning Post season

Need to combine both to have a goat.

smashedpotato
10-21-2014, 05:56 PM
P. Manning- Regular season
E. Manning Post season

Need to combine both to have a goat.

Lol this. Denver needs to bring in eli. Peyton can tear up the regular season, broncos get the 1 seed then bench pey pey and start eli in the playoffs = superbowl win...

TrojanAsh
10-21-2014, 06:21 PM
Tommy III Rings > Forehead Manning

10-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I wish I could neg OP again.

Haven't they both lost 2 superbowls?

Let's recap:

One led a comeback drive in 2008 that ended in a TD to Moss with 2 1/2 minutes left, only to be let down by his defense.
One threw a game losing interception.

One was a white midget's butter fingers away from pulling off the win.
One had his record setting offense absolutely humiliated, while throwing 2 interceptions (one being a pick six).

Amaso
10-21-2014, 06:45 PM

6-7 superbowls, definitely win those 3 early in the decade + 3-4 afterwards

two of the greatest minds in football history...

sdballer5588
10-21-2014, 07:23 PM
6-7 superbowls, definitely win those 3 early in the decade + 3-4 afterwards

two of the greatest minds in football history...

rofl.

Swept
10-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Brady fans are closet homosexuals, and cuckold

HoganIsGOAT
10-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Brady fans are closet homosexuals, and cuckold

Considering your opinion on Brady, and that you're a Cam homer, it's clear you don't like winners.

BorrachoDamor
10-21-2014, 08:01 PM
How many super bowls does Brady have after spy gate?

Cheaters gonna cheat

DumpsterFire
10-21-2014, 08:05 PM
choked more than David Carradine

lmfao

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 03:54 AM
How many super bowls does Brady have after spy gate?

Cheaters gonna cheat
So the patriots won 18 games in a row by cheating then they decided to suddenly stop and play honestly for the superbowl? The pats barely escaped the g men with a 38-35 win in the reg season that year and in the superbowl the giants won by a field goal. So by your logic the patriots cheated and there is no way the giants were a great team who just happend to be better that day?

JUGGERNAUT1333
10-22-2014, 04:13 AM
Dont know why we all have to pick sides. I like Manning and Brady. Both have already punched their tickets into the Hall of Fame.

The one thing I always wonder is how good would Brady have been with more offensive weapons around him. Peyton has always had the benefit of some top tier offensive talent. Last year Brady may as well have been throwing to miscers.

smallbonesjones
10-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Dont know why we all have to pick sides. I like Manning and Brady. Both have already punched their tickets into the Hall of Fame.

The one thing I always wonder is how good would Brady have been with more offensive weapons around him. Peyton has always had the benefit of some top tier offensive talent. Last year Brady may as well have been throwing to miscers.
i wonder how manning would've done with belibitch and his spying tactics

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 06:21 AM
i wonder how manning would've done with belibitch and his spying tactics

He probably would have seguested they pump crowd noise through the stadium speakers insted

Onita
10-22-2014, 07:20 AM
He probably would have seguested they pump crowd noise through the stadium speakers insted

Is smashedpotato a reference to your IQ?

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Is smashedpotato a reference to your IQ?

Yeah brah, my IQ is smashedpotato

hublife
10-22-2014, 07:39 AM
There isn't even a debate anymore. Manning is amazing when nothing is on the line. He's absolute trash when it's a big game.

toekneele
10-22-2014, 07:41 AM
I like both but have Brady with a slight edge cause he typically gets manning when they play each other. I don't remember the exact number but a few years ago Brady and manning were like 9-3 respectively

reverse79
10-22-2014, 07:54 AM
edelman/amendola
lafell
gronk
dobson

vs

thomas
julius
sanders
welker

this will always be the argument that separates them

Brady drives a 4 cyclinder car to the playoffs
Manning drives a ferrari

we envy the ferrari guy...but have more respect for the guy who does more with less

Bowyermania
10-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Both are top five all time. I know one thing for sure, Manning would have won in '01, '03, and '04 with the teams that the Patriots put around Brady. Those teams were carried by outstanding defenses, Brady was more of a game manager (more in '01 and '03) but those teams were absolute wagons.

patsfan313
10-22-2014, 08:22 AM
I pick Brady cuz hes sexi bae

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Both are top five all time. I know one thing for sure, Manning would have won in '01, '03, and '04 with the teams that the Patriots put around Brady. Those teams were carried by outstanding defenses, Brady was more of a game manager (more in '01 and '03) but those teams were absolute wagons.

No you don't know. What Manning nut huggers never talk about is how in his only playoff ending with a SB victory Manning had 3 TD's and 7 INTs. It was his defense that played lights out in the postseason despite Manning trying to choke it away again, but of course since its Manning defense never gets any credit and only blame for his failures.

Aesthetical
10-22-2014, 08:28 AM

Imagine if Brady has played with Peytons receivers his whole career.
Mind=Blown

camaleom
10-22-2014, 08:30 AM
edelman/amendola
lafell
gronk
dobson

vs

thomas
julius
sanders
welker

this will always be the argument that separates them

Brady drives a 4 cyclinder car to the playoffs
Manning drives a ferrari

we envy the ferrari guy...but have more respect for the guy who does more with less

/thread

Margzz
10-22-2014, 08:38 AM
If adam vinatieri missed 2 of those field goals is Brady no longer a GOAT despite putting his team in a position to win? After all he'd only have one 1 ring on his resume

Point is, offense isn't even 50% of an overall game so you have to take many things into account when judging players on rings. Rings is the only thing Brady has over Manning, so an argument on whose better depends on how much stock you put into rings.

Personally I don't think Brady's 3 is enough to overcome Mannings overall body of work + his 1 ring. I'd take Dan Marino over most QBs and he never won a sb

Bowyermania
10-22-2014, 08:39 AM
No you don't know. What Manning nut huggers never talk about is how in his only playoff ending with a SB victory Manning had 3 TD's and 7 INTs. It was his defense that played lights out in the postseason despite Manning trying to choke it away again, but of course since its Manning defense never gets any credit and only blame for his failures.

Manning was in a completely different situation than Brady was at that point in their careers. Manning had complete jokes as coaches and had to carry the team on his own. When Brady won his championships, he had a great coach and simply had to manage the game and not blow it. When you don't have to take risks to try to carry your team, you don't make as many mistakes. If Manning was in the same situation as Brady was, early in his career, he wouldn't have had to carry the team. He could have managed the game more and wouldn't have been put in the situation to make as many mistakes.

Look at Brady since their last championship (10 years ago). He has consistently played worse in the playoffs since all the pressure has been put on him to carry the team.

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Imagine if Brady has played with Peytons receivers his whole career.
Mind=Blown

This

And there is no evidence Brady would suffer without Belichick, there is however evidence of the reverse if you look at Belichick's record without Brady. Not saying he's not a good coach by any means but facts are facts.

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 08:41 AM
If adam vinatieri missed 2 of those field goals is Brady no longer a GOAT despite putting his team in a position to win? After all he'd only have one 1 ring on his resume

Point is, offense isn't even 50% of an overall game so you have to take many things into account when judging players on rings. Rings is the only thing Brady has over Manning, so an argument on whose better depends on how much stock you put into rings.

Personally I don't think Brady's 3 is enough to overcome Mannings overall body of work + his 1 ring. I'd take Dan Marino over most QBs and he never won a sb
Win records > personal records that a lot of which have to do with being in the league longer with better weapons.

Manning was in a completely different situation than Brady was at that point in their careers. Manning had complete jokes as coaches and had to carry the team on his own. When Brady won his championships, he had a great coach and simply had to manage the game and not blow it. When you don't have to take risks to try to carry your team, you don't make as many mistakes. If Manning was in the same situation as Brady was, early in his career, he wouldn't have had to carry the team. He could have managed the game more and wouldn't have been put in the situation to make as many mistakes.

Look at Brady since their last championship (10 years ago). He has consistently played worse in the playoffs since all the pressure has been put on him to carry the team.

Since the championship years he's set all types of win records and made 2 SB's that he was a lot closer to winning than Peyton, and where he made potentially comeback drives in those losses Peyton threw picks.

reverse79
10-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Win records > personal records that a lot of which have to do with being in the league longer with better weapons.

it amazes me that adults still put an emphasis on individual accomplishments in a team sport...

those are thoughts of a teenager ...

because if you want to idolize someone for individual accomplishments...then brett favre is the greatest QB of all time

and just LOL at that

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 09:01 AM

U wot? Lol. You have to be trolling? Jeez, wheres montana on your list? Top 25 maybe,top 50? Just lol.

The difference between a really good qb (like marino) and a truly great one (like montana) is being able to come through in the clutch when the bright lights are on and everything is on the line. Manning just dosent really do that and marino NEVER did, he was worse then peyton in the playoffs. Iv never understood that line of thinking.

Twerk4it
10-22-2014, 09:03 AM
U wot? Lol. You have to be trolling? Jeez, wheres montana on your list? Top 25 maybe,top 50? Just lol.

The difference between a really good qb (like marino) and a truly great one (like montana) is being able to come through in the clutch when the bright lights are on and everything is on the line. Manning just dosent really do that and marino NEVER did, he was worse then peyton in the playoffs. Iv never understood that line of thinking.

Its funny cause growing up Marino was Manning's favorite and Montana was Brady's favorite.

smashedpotato
10-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Its funny cause growing up Marino was Manning's favorite and Montana was Brady's favorite.

Well it makes sense.

frezKo
01-11-2015, 04:43 PM
brady wins playoff games. manning doesn't

MojoTheMonkey
01-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Look it all comes down to this:

Manning's Wife:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/727/989/hi-res-Preview_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Brady's Wife:

http://itsalwayssunnyindetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/tom-brady-gisele-bundchen-bikini-2.jpg

Scorer
01-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Gisele is rich and famous because gay fashion designers like the way their clothes look on her angular body.

BrawnySwoleman
01-11-2015, 05:24 PM
This is a terrible thread even by your standards.

HoganIsGOAT
01-11-2015, 05:30 PM

No doubt. Reminds me of this weekend against the Ravens when the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed and he went off for 367 yards, and 4 TD's...oh wait.

Twerk4it
01-11-2015, 05:31 PM
B..but I thought Manning would 5 SBs if he had teams as talented as Bradys? This is the 2nd time in 3 years he's had a top 5 defense and didn't win a playoff game.