PDA

View Full Version : ITT : The #1 overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft.

DaHoneyBadger
10-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Karl-Anthony Towns

AsPf5NrGYDc

Measurements-
Height: 6' 11.25"
Wingspan: 7' 3.25"
Weight: 250
Standing reach: 9' 1"

Offensive skill set -

Great outside shooter. 127 3 pointers made over the past three HS seasons, including 51.6 percent accuracy as a senior.

Brilliant passer. Rare to see a big man with this type of passing ability.

-sCEUK-YVfI

TfYq9nekaP4

Improving post game. Added some go-to moves and is getting comfortable with his back to the basket.

Close to a full package on the offensive end as you'll see from a big man prospect. Still has improvements to be made on the defensive end, but with his length, motor and mobility he doesn't project to be a total sieve.

This is who NBA teams should be tanking for this season.

KCBadBoy
10-21-2014, 01:52 PM
Tfw both Kentucky and KU having several top 10 picks.

DaHoneyBadger
05-18-2015, 04:32 PM
With the NBA lottery being tomorrow and every team fighting for the chance to draft KAT, its time to update his scouting report.

OFFENSE.

- He didn't get to showcase his outside shot he was known for in HS due to Calipari's WOAT offensive system. It shouldn't shock anyone when he starts knocking down 15 footers regularly pretty early in his career, and i expect him to extend his range to the 3-point line. He has the touch and form down pat already. In low volume, he made 43% of his 2-pt jumpers.

- His passing is truly elite. I touched on it a bit in the OP, but I'm serious when i say he's going to become the BEST passing Center in the NBA within 4-6 years. He has rare vision & creativity for a 7 footer.

- His post game is pretty predictable at this stage. He doesn't have the smoothest feet, he lacks strength in his legs and he doesn't have many counter moves. Its usually just a backdown with a right hand hook shot. He's capable of using his left hand, he just doesn't have much confidence in it yet.

DEFENSE

He made great strides in this area since the Bahamas, but he's starting to get overrated here during the draft process. He has great instincts and he's really active, so I'm confident his rim protection is going to translate. Its the other areas where he's going to struggle.

POST-DEFENSE - He's not strong in his legs & he's not ultra tough, so beefy players can back him down & get the position they want. He struggled big-time during the 1st half of the season here and he improved some as the season went on, but its gonna take some years before he can handle the NBA contact down low.

PnR Defense - He was pretty decent containing the PnR, but he still had some trouble reading it and his heavyfeet were taken advantage of.

ATHLETICISM

He's pretty average in this area. He's not an explosive leaper & he has heavy feet. I feel people seem to be expecting a hyper-athletic big.

He's real mobile and pretty fast running in a straight line, so he has those things working for him.

The hype is real regarding KAT. He's going to provide so much value on the court with his floor spacing, rim protection and wizard passing. He's going to take some time to develop his body and fully polish his shooting, but he's a safe pick in this draft and rightfully the #1 prospect.

UPu9Sg09wC0

Hickson517
05-18-2015, 04:36 PM
I really like Okafor but he has to improve his shooting. Towns will be a baller.

slinginmango
05-18-2015, 04:40 PM
He's a better defender than Okafor but worse on offence

I am so conflicted on who the Lakers should take with the first pick.

From the way this all reads, Towns is a black Kevin Love basically?

DaHoneyBadger
05-18-2015, 04:44 PM
He's a better defender than Okafor but worse on offence

I am so conflicted on who the Lakers should take with the first pick.

From the way this all reads, Towns is a black Kevin Love basically?

No.

I stated his rim protection WILL translate. He has the length, instincts and activity on this end needed to be a good rim protector. Love doesn't have those qualities.

The other areas need work and can be fixed with experience and coaching. I just expect him to struggle a bit there for his first couple years.

FormulaLT1poweR
05-18-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm going to say Okafor will go #1.

BatteryBro42
05-18-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm going to say while I like Towns better neither him nor Okafor fit the mold of today's rangy big man defenders. Okafor will struggle with the pace of the NBA game, he does not offer a tremendous amount defensively, won't run the floor and seems to be iso dependent. His ceiling is Al Jefferson. While that isn't terrible it certainly isn't anywhere near the ceiling of some of the other guys in this draft. Would rather have Towns, Muiday, Russle, Winslow, Mario the arrogant, and even Kristaps

Winslow IMO is the best player in this draft, plus defender, great at attacking the rim (footwork is amazing) and can shoot from the outside. Would be shocked if he doesn't end up an all star or high end contributer.

Muiday is very intriguing to me, I believe he may have a lot of the same offensive skills as Kyrie Irving but is a more capable defender. His shot is very pure from deep.

A guy who I feel is slept on is Devon Booker who I think becomes a steal for any team who takes him, as he probably falls out of the top ten. He is only 18 years old (youngest player in the draft). Held his own at Kentucky and to me has the best shooting stroke I've seen coming out in a long time. I believe Booker is pretty much Klay Thompson, that shot he has is beautiful and he can put it on the floor and hit shots off the dribble something guys his age typically can't do.

Last guy I'll mention who will go around 8-12 is Oubre. Oubre is raw, but has a lot of Kawi in him. 7'1 wingspan with huge hands, I can see him being a lock down wing defender with slasher potential at the next level. His off hand is awful but given his athleticism I believe he becomes a very solid starter in the NBA

daisbest
05-18-2015, 06:22 PM
wolves will get screwed either way, i bet they don't get the 1st pick but i agree i think towns will go #1 then okafor

Ivan7x
05-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Weak draft class

BatteryBro42
05-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Okafor is much bigger than Jefferson

Don't speak on topics you know nothing about

They are both listed at 6'10 AL actually weighs a little more

Sparta11
05-18-2015, 10:15 PM
wolves will get screwed either way, i bet they don't get the 1st pick but i agree i think towns will go #1 then okafor

I fukin hope not...As long as its top 2 im happy, but if they get the 3rd i'm gonna be fukking livid...They need a Center. Pek is a joke and cant play for more than a few games without getting hurt. Deangelo Russell's a stud, but the wolves do not need a pg. Top 2 or bust.

sn24
05-19-2015, 01:23 AM
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't go 1st overall. Unless Philly gets the pick he will most likely go first. Even if Philly gets it I wouldn't be surprised if they took him anyways

srom12
05-19-2015, 01:36 AM
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't go 1st overall. Unless Philly gets the pick he will most likely go first. Even if Philly gets it I wouldn't be surprised if they took him anyways

Lol no, Philly are dead set on drafting D'Angelo Russell. RIP NBA, Embiid returning next season and Noel further along in development. Already got dat chemistry with Noel.

DaHoneyBadger
05-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Winslow IMO is the best player in this draft, plus defender, great at attacking the rim (footwork is amazing) and can shoot from the outside. Would be shocked if he doesn't end up an all star or high end contributer.

Muiday is very intriguing to me, I believe he may have a lot of the same offensive skills as Kyrie Irving but is a more capable defender. His shot is very pure from deep.

A guy who I feel is slept on is Devon Booker who I think becomes a steal for any team who takes him, as he probably falls out of the top ten. He is only 18 years old (youngest player in the draft). Held his own at Kentucky and to me has the best shooting stroke I've seen coming out in a long time. I believe Booker is pretty much Klay Thompson, that shot he has is beautiful and he can put it on the floor and hit shots off the dribble something guys his age typically can't do.

Last guy I'll mention who will go around 8-12 is Oubre. Oubre is raw, but has a lot of Kawi in him. 7'1 wingspan with huge hands, I can see him being a lock down wing defender with slasher potential at the next level. His off hand is awful but given his athleticism I believe he becomes a very solid starter in the NBA

Winslow is like my 2nd favorite player in this class. His massive 2nd half improvement was the main reason Duke won the title. He just destroyed opponents on both ends.

I have nothing on Mudiay. Only thing i noticed about him is he doesn't possess the Rose/Westbrook/Wall athleticism which he was billed to having. Thats the only thing i can come up with from watching his highlights.

I loved Booker during the 1st half of the year, but he regressed pretty badly during the 2nd half. Bad enough where I'm starting to question how he translates. His wingspan was measured 2 inches longer at the combine, but I'm not buying it. The eye test says he has t-rex arms and his play suggest the same. With Thompson being an inch taller & 3 inches longer, i don't see the comparison working. His shooting form is a beauty, though.

Oubre should honestly be a top-10 pick solely due to his measurements + shooting stroke potential. His IQ seems low and his awareness + energy level on D are subpar, but at his age you might as well roll the dice.

LAST THING : Your boy Thon Maker looked horrible at the Hoop Summit.

Spill512
05-19-2015, 12:43 PM
He'll find a nice home on the Lakers.

DaHoneyBadger
05-19-2015, 12:46 PM

Lol no, Philly are dead set on drafting D'Angelo Russell. RIP NBA, Embiid returning next season and Noel further along in development. Already got dat chemistry with Noel.

Hinkie is ballsy enough to select KAT at #1 and figure out the 3 big rotation out later.

DRuss is awesome, but think about the destruction a front court rotation of Embiid-Noel-KAT would do in the NBA.

DaHoneyBadger
05-19-2015, 06:05 PM
KAT + Wiggins + Rubio…lawd.

QoHfZOdh2pk

Spill512
05-19-2015, 06:09 PM
He should force his way to LA.

KuSHedOuT860
05-19-2015, 06:12 PM
I started visioning him in a Knicks uniform. He even said hes a Knicks fan and would be a child hood dream. ): ):

DaHoneyBadger
06-25-2015, 04:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yeB2USN.gif

DaHoneyBadger
10-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Future GOAT aint fcking around.

NBA on ESPN ********@ESPNNBA
Karl-Anthony Towns is first teen in @NBA history with double-double in each of first 2 NBA games.

sWtsbpQjWEU

��