PDA

View Full Version : Any mid 20 year olds, want to join my field goal kicker pact

whynot12
10-21-2014, 11:28 AM
I give in. Im not going to be a millionaire, nor will i be what most consider wealthy. Every morning M-F im going to go to a high school football field by me and kick some field goals. In hopes of becoming an NFL kicker in 3 or 4 years. I wont spam update this thread daily probably just every 2 months or so. Maybe if 5 people join me and we all walk on in 4 years one of us will make it. Then we split the cash. 10% to each person who dedicated there time and did not make it. Who'se game!

My routine

10 yard center , left , right , followed by 15 , and 20. I missed all of them this morning . ^_^

FGCHENG
10-21-2014, 11:29 AM
why not?

stevedarsh
10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
As of a year ago I can still hit a 45 yarder no sweat. Still got it from my high school days. I was afraid to try from any farther

BadaBingBdaBoom
10-21-2014, 11:44 AM
If I could go back in time to HS i would do this. too old now at 24.

cor030
10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
If I could go back in time to HS i would do this. too old now at 24.

This post hit me in the feels so ****ing hard

metafour
10-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Great idea OP. Too bad for you that there are now national kicking camps and clinics for HS kids. You've got zero chance.

LeonardShelby
10-21-2014, 01:23 PM
Great idea OP. Too bad for you that there are now national kicking camps and clinics for HS kids. You've got zero chance.

Considering 98% of college kickers suck dik I like ops chances.

ScaleAndSteel
10-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Skip all that future talk...

...the Detroit Lions will hire you right fuking now

gottk2x
10-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Skip all that future talk...

...the Detroit Lions will hire you right fuking now

Gross. I'd rather continue being poor than play for the Lions.

hehe not srs

LittleLexodus
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
I think it's one of those things that is much harder than it looks on TV.

hardestgainer
10-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Good luck brah, my cousin was a kicker and punter(for 2 of the years) for the Sooners, he had a massive leg from playing soccer all his life like me. Went undrafted and tried to walk on twice and never made it, and he was money from 45-50 range all day. There really isnt a high demand for kickers and punters because they are actually strong as fuk and has very long careers because its very rare they ever get injured.

lincolnmkv
10-21-2014, 01:47 PM
NFL kickers are a whole different level. Robbie Gould can hit the goal post on command.

WgsCM0PIqKc

mcbizkit02
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Another delusional sports miscer.

Lunatic
10-21-2014, 02:04 PM
In

Will be the greatest kicker ever

neighborr
10-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Have a field goal with proper NFL dimensions in my backyard. Dead srs.

HoganIsGOAT
10-21-2014, 02:10 PM
This post hit me in the feels so ****ing hard

I have to laugh at you young kids who've given up on your dreams because you're 'too old.' Basically, you've lived your glory days and kind of given up on life. It's actually quite sad.

cor030
10-21-2014, 03:18 PM
I have to laugh at you young kids who've given up on your dreams because you're 'too old.' Basically, you've lived your glory days and kind of given up on life. It's actually quite sad.

Actually I'm pursuing my dreams right now and love my life.

Just saying it's a wtf moment seeing 24 viewed as old as fukk. Doesn't help watching 20-23 yr old athletes get signed for money that sets them, their kids, and their kids' kids up for life. If that makes sense.

LittleLexodus
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Actually I'm pursuing my dreams right now and love my life.

Just saying it's a wtf moment seeing 24 viewed as old as fukk. Doesn't help watching 20-23 yr old athletes get signed for money that sets them, their kids, and their kids' kids up for life. If that makes sense.

Useless to fret about it but it's definitely a feel. Even at ages 22-23 you never really see professional athletes in the major sports younger than you but as you hit late twenties it is weird to see someone out there on the field younger than you shining while you drink beer and get fat.

thelast10
10-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Do they just not give kickers scholarships? With the amount of chit kickers, unless I have a kid with GOAT genetics (I doubt it, because I have chit genetics), He is gonna be starting kicking as soon as he can walk, to pay for college.... lol

*Thanks for the idea OP....

HumptyBrah
10-21-2014, 06:06 PM
lol this, college kickers are horrendous

metafour
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM

Yeah, and of the 2% that don't suck only a couple actually make an NFL roster because a good kicker can play well into his 30's, and its not like they get injured often. So really, you're fighting for one of a handful of jobs with a bunch of kids who dominated top-level D1 college football.

Also, there are a boat-load of kickers who can make kicks from 40-50 yards out. The ones that actually get (and hold) NFL jobs are the ones that can do it without fail no matter how much pressure. Going to your local HS and kicking field goals by yourself isn't going to prepare you mentally.

metafour
10-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Do they just not give kickers scholarships? With the amount of chit kickers, unless I have a kid with GOAT genetics (I doubt it, because I have chit genetics), He is gonna be starting kicking as soon as he can walk, to pay for college.... lol

*Thanks for the idea OP....

Certain schools like Auburn tend to always have solid kickers because they bother to go out and sign kids that dominate national kicking camps. Most other schools are still relying on walk-on kickers, its really only the top-end schools that are actually using scholarships on kickers out of HS.

dkburk
10-21-2014, 07:32 PM
True story here. A kid from my gym played soccer all his life (he's originally from Argentina). He recently sent some videos of him kicking 40 yard field goals to a couple colleges. WVU is interested in talking to him. He's 22.

rise21
10-21-2014, 07:34 PM
What does a kicker in the cfl make?

cor030
10-21-2014, 07:40 PM
What does a kicker in the cfl make?

80k$

DumpsterFire
10-21-2014, 08:07 PM
Another delusional sports miscer.

lmfao. put any mls player in an nfl team and they would likely be successful

DumpsterFire
10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Yeah, and of the 2% that don't suck only a couple actually make an NFL roster because a good kicker can play well into his 30's, and its not like they get injured often. So really, you're fighting for one of a handful of jobs with a bunch of kids who dominated top-level D1 college football.

Also, there are a boat-load of kickers who can make kicks from 40-50 yards out. The ones that actually get (and hold) NFL jobs are the ones that can do it without fail no matter how much pressure. Going to your local HS and kicking field goals by yourself isn't going to prepare you mentally.

kicker that didnt make it