PDA

View Full Version : Packers defense is starting to bake(srs)

packerfanfrommd
10-20-2014, 02:08 PM
-16th in PPG(inflated though with Carolina game scoring 2 garbage time TD's and our phaggot offense gifting the Jets 21 pts)
-1st in Takeaways with 14
-1st in opponent passer rating at 74
-Strong Pass rush with Daniels, Matthews, Peppers, Perry, and Neal
-Arguably a top 10 secondary with Shields, Williams, Burnett, House, Heyward, and defensive rookie of the year so far HaHa Clinton-Dix
-Run defense were phaggots at the beginning of the season but have been strong as of late.

Packers are gonna be the scariest team down the stretch barring injury(and the phaggot @ss 49ers)

Reliance012
10-20-2014, 02:13 PM
We're getting progressively better. Like you said, barring injuries we can make a solid run. The only thing I'm worried about is our extremely inconsistent o-line.

brobeansprah
10-20-2014, 03:00 PM
We're getting progressively better. Like you said, barring injuries we can make a solid run. The only thing I'm worried about is our extremely inconsistent o-line.

This, will be interesting to see how they play in the dome this weekend. Pretty easy schedule coming up and can see them fighting for a first round bye.

erc128
10-20-2014, 03:11 PM
I hope so

packerfanfrommd
10-20-2014, 09:39 PM
This, will be interesting to see how they play in the dome this weekend. Pretty easy schedule coming up and can see them fighting for a first round bye.

Rodgers is a God in Domes

10-20-2014, 09:48 PM
They're my super bowl favorites right now (srs). They're so damn good this year and are still somewhat under the radar. Even on offense they've got two legit #1s in Jordy and Cobb, a decent o-line, and a strong backfield.

RykarGauge
10-20-2014, 09:55 PM
As long as Packers don't face Niners or Seahawks I can see them making the SB this year.

BeastModeFTW
10-20-2014, 09:56 PM
green bay's playoff run is contigent on the 49ers not making the playoffs. If the 49ers make that playoffs Kap will once again go in dry.

packerfanfrommd
10-21-2014, 01:41 AM
green bay's playoff run is contigent on the 49ers not making the playoffs. If the 49ers make that playoffs Kap will once again go in dry.

Unfortunately this is true :(

HotCheetos
10-21-2014, 04:07 AM
49ers barely beat the packers the previous year with a poverty packers defense. If the defense stays healthy I wouldn't be any more worried about the 49ers than any other playoff team

bullybreed
10-21-2014, 04:58 AM
How is Dix defensive rookie of the year so far? What has he done?
A whole 4 passes defended and 1int

Man he is making a big impact and run for defensive rookie of the year.

jerkeife
10-21-2014, 05:01 AM
How is Dix defensive rookie of the year so far? What has he done?
A whole 4 passes defended and 1int

Man he is making a big impact and run for defensive rookie of the year.

Guy is just all around solid. Solid pass coverage, solid tackling, solid run defense.

bullybreed
10-21-2014, 05:09 AM
Guy is just all around solid. Solid pass coverage, solid tackling, solid run defense.

That doesn't make a case for rookie of the year. A player who excels at his position is. Who makes big plays. Not just someone who is solid.
Wouldn't Kyle Fuller for the Bears be a better name for the rookie of the year candidate? A guy who was shoved into the starting role 2 games in and has played like a veteran since?
Fuller also solid in all aspects but excels in passes defended and ints.

TyGuy505
10-21-2014, 05:56 AM
49ers barely beat the packers the previous year with a poverty packers defense. If the defense stays healthy I wouldn't be any more worried about the 49ers than any other playoff team

Dropped int in the endzone in the first and one in the fourth that would've given us the game win in fg. Thanks for reminding me

iamgenus
10-21-2014, 06:22 AM

49ers passing offense is way more dangerous than it was last year and let's not forget the weather played a factor. Considering if the niners made the playoffs(barring further injuries of course) would be at full strength on defense at that point and their secondary is improved from last season as well.

They're just a bad matchup for the Packers.

iamgenus
10-21-2014, 06:24 AM

That doesn't win awards unfortunately. You need sexy stats.

bullybreed
10-21-2014, 06:32 AM
That doesn't win awards unfortunately. You need sexy stats.

This

rampagefc77
10-21-2014, 06:46 AM
49ers passing offense is way more dangerous than it was last year and let's not forget the weather played a factor. Considering if the niners made the playoffs(barring further injuries of course) would be at full strength on defense at that point and their secondary is improved from last season as well.

This is true, the niners seem to have the packers number. However, last year both games against the niners came down to the last possession, and the playoff game was with a packers defense where I couldn't name half of the players with how many injuries they had, and it was Rodgers second game back from a broken clavicle and playing in crazy weather. They were literally one of the worst teams in the league without Rodgers and with other injuries but still somehow backed into the playoffs... Even then, that game was a easy dropped int away from a win. The niners didn't dominate the packers last year like they did the previous, which was just pitiful to watch as a packers fan.

Until the defense comes up big consistently against decent teams, I'll never be sold on the packers D. They've let me down too many times.

RykarGauge
10-21-2014, 08:21 AM

Packers thought they were a physical team going into week 1. Seahawks reminded them that they clearly are not. Any team in the NFC west will smash them come playoff time.

justin8684
10-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Packers thought they were a physical team going into week 1. Seahawks reminded them that they clearly are not. Any team in the NFC west will smash them come playoff time.

This. I'm a Packer fan but our fanbase is seriously ****ing delusional about our team this season, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Our five wins have come against teams with poverty offenses and poverty quarterbacks who turn the ball over...big ****ing deal.

The only two times this team has faced a team with the label of being tough and physical, they were handled easily at the line of scrimmage both times.

yup89
10-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Packers haven't really played any good qbs yet but I've definitely like what I've seen so far. We'll see how good they are against brees, foles and brady

rampagefc77
10-21-2014, 10:31 AM
This. I'm a Packer fan but our fanbase is seriously ****ing delusional about our team this season, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Our five wins have come against teams with poverty offenses and poverty quarterbacks who turn the ball over...big ****ing deal.

The only two times this team has faced a team with the label of being tough and physical, they were handled easily at the line of scrimmage both times.
This. Beating up the poverty teams just gives a false sense of security. Need to produce against the big boys. If they make the playoffs are are healthy, then I think they can put up a fight with anyone. But they are a few injuries away from being a poverty team like last season... Just look at the Miami game 2 weeks ago. They lost both starting CBs on back to back plays, and suddenly Miami's QB looked like Joe Montana out there...

Wakiza33
10-21-2014, 10:33 AM
I've got the Packers in the SB this year against the colts, but please, don't be delusional.

Their is one reason your team is baking, and it's not the defense.

It's not Eddie Lacy.

It's not Mike Mcarthy.

Its fukkin #12.

packerfanfrommd
10-21-2014, 11:17 AM

Our defense was looking juicy against the Lions, it was our phaggot offense that couldn't get anything right. You're right about Seattle though. I'm as big of a Packers fan as anyone, but I wouldn't bet on them in the playoffs against Seattle or 49ers. They just have our number

BMatt
10-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Why do you need to make a thread about this? Why not just keep it in the official thread?

packerfanfrommd
10-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Why do you need to make a thread about this? Why not just keep it in the official thread?

Cause everyone needs to know damnit

woodbarry
10-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Cause everyone needs to know damnit

Gotchu on R/c. Everyone needs to know. Everyone.

Swept
10-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Dix is mediocre as phuck

packerfanfrommd
10-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Dix is mediocre as phuck

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/322/c8d.jpg