PDA

View Full Version : one of the biggest $cams in the nfl

pleaserepme
10-20-2014, 12:18 AM
is the fraudulent joker that is $cam newton.

But he is big and strong they said
But he is also mobile they said
But he has rare speed they said

Fact: as long as the Panthers continue to buy into cam newton, they will NEVER be a legitimate threat.

aksnowbrder
10-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Strong username to red ratio

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 05:58 AM
12-4 and #2 seed last year...not a threat
Top 10 offense by DVOA every year...not a threat

Lol ok

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 06:16 AM
is the fraudulent joker that is $cam newton.

But he is big and strong they said
But he is also mobile they said
But he has rare speed they said

Fact: as long as the Panthers continue to buy into cam newton, they will NEVER be a legitimate threat.

Agreed and rep'd.

jamesbwbevis
10-20-2014, 06:20 AM
been calling him scam newton for years. not that good

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 06:25 AM
been calling him scam newton for years. not that good

Agreed. Though the Sports Misc Panthers fans make excuse after excuse for him and seem to blame every other part of the team except him.

Forumite
10-20-2014, 06:31 AM

Lol ok

that defense tho

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 06:32 AM
that defense tho

It's funny...top 10 offense and the one year they put a good defense out there, they're dominant.

Who knew?

FlashWad3
10-20-2014, 07:06 AM
If you look at his ratings before this week hes a top 5 QB in the NFL

One bad game and the basement dwellers come out

dmoneythegoat
10-20-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure HoganIsGOAT's mom/sister/gf got smashed by cam. I've never seen him post about anything other than cam being overrated in his eyes. And anytime cam is even mentioned in a thread that's not necessarily about Cam, he'll pop up

Edit: found hogan's sisters
http://i59.tinypic.com/wmmgw0.jpg

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure HoganIsGOAT's mom/sister/gf got smashed by cam. I've never seen him post about anything other than cam being overrated in his eyes. And anytime cam is even mentioned in a thread that's not necessarily about Cam, he'll pop up

Stay salty.

jross2021
10-20-2014, 11:40 AM

Lol ok

Great season, weren't real threats.

I like Cam, but he's looked awful this year. It doesn't help that they let Steve Smith go and that Cam has been hurt, as has the whole team.

He is overthrowing the easiest passes constantly though.

dmoneythegoat
10-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Stay salty.stay salty about Cam digging out your sisters

Also why on earth would I be salty?

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Great season, weren't real threats.

I like Cam, but he's looked awful this year. It doesn't help that they let Steve Smith go and that Cam has been hurt, as has the whole team.

I meant the offense was a threat. That's all Cam can control.

And Cam's looked awful this year? You haven't been watching or even reading somewhat intelligent analysis of his play. He was bad yesterday, but he's been great all year. Especially considering the line play (you saw what a 3 man Pitt rush did to them) and no running game at all. In spite of all of that the offense has been good. Before last week the 7th rated passing offense.

cor030
10-20-2014, 12:25 PM

And his "argument" gets obliterated (just like the Bengals getting obliterated in Cincinnati by The Patriots huehuehue) in every thread without fail.

jbball92
10-20-2014, 01:13 PM
If you look at his ratings before this week hes a top 5 QB in the NFL

One bad game and the basement dwellers come out

Lol no. Idk what ratings you have been looking at.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 02:40 PM
I like Cam, but he's looked awful this year.

Yep. It's quite obvious, unless you just refuse to be honest with yourself.

Lol no. Idk what ratings you have been looking at.

The Panthers Sports Misc Cam homers are completely delusional. They legitimately view him as an elite quarterback, while I have been trying to explain to them that he is one of the issues on the team.

sknot1454
10-20-2014, 02:43 PM
Cam Newton is 25 and already has 486 touchdowns.

Manning is a first basement with a grand slam.

Jupiter.

wsuwarrior
10-20-2014, 04:03 PM
He looked horrible yesterday. Carolina will not win a Super Bowl with him as QB....should switch to TE immediately but he would have to play college basketball first.

jbball92
10-20-2014, 04:05 PM
He looked horrible yesterday. Carolina will not win a Super Bowl with him as QB....should switch to TE immediately but he would have to play college basketball first.
they should just bring Delhomme out of retirement lulz

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
He looked horrible yesterday. Carolina will not win a Super Bowl with him as QB....

Yep, you got it. Rather than admit it and bring in someone else, they'd rather live in denial.

moonrakerelite
10-20-2014, 05:26 PM
He isn't the best QB in the league but I can tell you that I wouldn't want any other quarterback that is reasonably attainable to play for Carolina. We lived through the years of Chris Weinke, Jimmy Clausen, Rodney Peete, im pretty sure a completely washed up Vinny Testeverde played for Carolina as well for a season or two.

Forgive us for putting our faith in someone who has long term potential.

UGK4lyfe
10-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Without looking at a roster, tell me who Cam's receivers are right now.

wsuwarrior
10-20-2014, 06:48 PM

Hard to tell when they are 10 yards away from where Cam errantly throws the ball.

cor030
10-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Hard to tell when they are 10 yards away from where Cam errantly throws the ball.

it's one game. unfortunately the one game Packers fans saw of Cam was his worst of the year.

that'd be like me saying Aaron Rodgers sucks after only seeing his games vs. Detroit and Seattle and ignore the rest.

Cam's throwing has been great this year. He went into GB and got his angus peppered by a team clearly trending upwards. Doesn't define his season. You should understand that.

jbball92
10-20-2014, 06:56 PM
cotchery, avant, olsen

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 07:27 PM

Olsen, Avant, Cotchery, and Benjamin (FSU's star W/R). Nice try but he does have weapons on offense. He's just not throwing to them.

BrawnySwoleman
10-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Olsen, Avant, Cotchery, and Benjamin (FSU's star W/R). Nice try but he does have weapons on offense. He's just not throwing to them.Avant and Cotchery are "weapons?" You might as well have thrown in Philly Brown if your criteria is that low.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Cam's throwing has been great this year. He went into GB and got his angus peppered by a team clearly trending upwards. Doesn't define his season. You should understand that.

23rd in completion percentage, 22nd in touchdowns, 18th in passing yards = "throwing great this year." LOL!

cor030
10-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Avant and Cotchery are "weapons?" You might has well have thrown in Philly Brown if your criteria is that low.

That guy is the dumbest poster on the sports misc, but I do think Cam's receiving corps is fine. Definitely not great or close to it, but it's definitely respectable.

The real problem on offense is the offensive line. 3 out of the 5 starters shouldn't even be on a practice squad in the NFL and the 4th is arguable. Also have to factor we've been without our 3 starting RB's for most of the season. J-Stewart just got back.

lsiberian
10-20-2014, 07:39 PM
Agreed OP they need to cut him immediately. Romo isn't getting any younger and could use a good backup.

cor030
10-20-2014, 07:42 PM
23rd in completion percentage, 22nd in touchdowns, 18th in passing yards = "throwing great this year." LOL!

You don't even watch your own favorite teams games. Of course you haven't actually seen Cam play to understand his throwing has significantly improved and is money in the 10-20 yard range... but since the eye test isn't enough I presented quite a large post with several statistics proving that fact.

You completely ignored it because it showcased how much of a goddamn moron you are.

So I'll just leave this here.

Great point. Oh, except Tom Brady and the Patriots of course, who obliterated the Bengals in Cincinnati last weekend, 43-17.

Great point. Oh, except Tom Brady and the Patriots of course, who obliterated the Bengals in Cincinnati last weekend, 43-17.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 07:45 PM
Of course you haven't actually seen Cam play to understand his throwing has significantly improved...

As usual, you are incorrect. I get the Panthers games on television every week in my area, and I have seen him play in person.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 08:01 PM
The real problem on offense is the offensive line. 3 out of the 5 starters shouldn't even be on a practice squad in the NFL and the 4th is arguable.

15 other NFL teams have given up more sacks this season than the Panthers offensive line. Keep trying...

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 08:03 PM
You don't even watch your own favorite teams games. Of course you haven't actually seen Cam play to understand his throwing has significantly improved and is money in the 10-20 yard range... but since the eye test isn't enough I presented quite a large post with several statistics proving that fact.

You completely ignored it because it showcased how much of a goddamn moron you are.

So I'll just leave this here.

Brah you're talking about a guy who's favorite "sport" isn't really a sport...it's a soap opera aimed at children.

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Agreed OP they need to cut him immediately. Romo isn't getting any younger and could use a good backup.

But this. Cam is just a backup, I've seen the light. Sure the Panthers are #7 in passing offense with no OL and with few weapons. Sure the passing offense and Cam's running have been the only competent parts of the offense and the defense has been absolutely atrocious. But he's the problem. Maybe we could trade for Kirk Cousins, he's pretty good.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Brah you're talking about a guy who's favorite "sport" isn't really a sport...it's a soap opera aimed at children.

It's hilarious how you Cam homers resort to childish insults when you're mad that I've bitchslapped you with statistical facts and you can't refute them.

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 08:15 PM
It's hilarious how you Cam homers resort to childish insults when you're mad that I've bitchslapped you with statistical facts and you can't refute them.

No dude, you're right. 7th best passing DVOA isn't enough. A perennial top 10 offensive DVOA just isn't good enough. We need to get a QB like Tim Tebow, so he can also play defense. I hope they let Cam walk in free agency so he can go to a team like the Eagles, Cardinals, or someone like that. Hopefully we can pick up a true pocket passer like Kirk Cousins and he can thrive behind our OL with Byron Bell and Nate Chandler. Surely he'll help our defense not give up 35+ ppg, too. White leadership counts.

HoganIsGOAT
10-20-2014, 08:21 PM
We need to get a QB like Tim Tebow, so he can also play defense. I hope they let Cam walk in free agency so he can go...

Hopefully we can pick up a true pocket passer like Kirk Cousins...

White leadership counts.

You've moved on from insults to sarcasm and racism I see. Classy group of fans you are.

Let me know when you'd like to have an intelligent conversation about Cam Newton's performance, based on facts. If you aren't willing to do that, then this discussion is pointless.

BrawnySwoleman
10-20-2014, 08:31 PM
No dude, you're right. 7th best passing DVOA isn't enough. A perennial top 10 offensive DVOA just isn't good enough. We need to get a QB like Tim Tebow, so he can also play defense. I hope they let Cam walk in free agency so he can go to a team like the Eagles, Cardinals, or someone like that. Hopefully we can pick up a true pocket passer like Kirk Cousins and he can thrive behind our OL with Byron Bell and Nate Chandler. Surely he'll help our defense not give up 35+ ppg, too. White leadership counts.Lol, Nate Chandler. At UCLA he was a TE/OL that got converted to DL, was mediocre at best for a ****ty squad, went undrafted, and is somehow now a starting RT. Wat.

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 08:37 PM
You've moved on from insults to sarcasm and racism I see. Classy group of fans you are.

Let me know when you'd like to have an intelligent conversation about Cam Newton's performance, based on facts. If you aren't willing to do that, then this discussion is pointless.

But I'm agreeing with you! That jump from worst offense to top 5 in Cam's rookie year was all the free agents they signed that offseason! The top 10 offenses he's led were all because of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart! If only we had a real QB like Gabbert, or Cousins, or Ponder (you know, true pocket passers) we'd have been a top 3 offense, like you think we should be. Nobody has had as great a mix of skill players and OL as Carolina lately. Generational talents like Ted Ginn, Brandon LaFell, 2008 All-Pro RBs, Byron Bell, and Nate Chandler.

Thank God we drafted depth so well and signed FAs to good contracts. I mean, yeah it sucks that we're still paying Jon Beason $9 mill and he hasn't even been in the team for 1.5 years (and not good for 3 years), our backfield hasn't been good for 4 years but we still can't cut them because they make AP money, or our cap is wrecked for 2 years still. But hey, if we had Ryan Mallet our offense would be #1 in the league so we'd be at least 4-3?

ColdSteelToFace
10-20-2014, 08:43 PM
15 other NFL teams have given up more sacks this season than the Panthers offensive line. Keep trying...

Cam Newton is very mobile if you did not know. How about a stat on hits and hurries? I'm not even a panthers fan but all of your posts are dumb

chlaxman
10-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Lol, Nate Chandler. At UCLA he was a TE/OL that got converted to DL, was mediocre at best for a ****ty squad, went undrafted, and is somehow now a starting RT. Wat.

He's actually REALLY good. Just Cam can't play QB so he gets destroyed a lot by every guy put in front of him. Put him in front of Charlie Whitehurst and Joe Thomas would be 2nd Team All-Pro.

cor030
10-20-2014, 09:56 PM

You cannot be fukking serious. I have made several posts where I put insults/trolling aside and explained to you my argument(s). Showed you facts, detailed statistics, trends, etc. You just refused to acknowledge them because you know you were in the wrong. You had one bullsh*t, arbitrary stat that didn't prove much to begin with and you claim we are the ones grasping at straws?

Chlax also brings up (in this thread and various others) several clearcut stats proving Cam and the offense he leads has been more than fine and in fact well above average.. But you ignore that.

As soon as I get to my computer I'll link those posts. Even though you will continue to ignore them.

And strong "intelligent discussion based on facts" ROFL. I'll have to post some more of your quotes and let the sports misc decide if they're intelligent/factual lmao.

cor030
10-20-2014, 10:42 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1302646021#post1302646021

That's not the point. I'm going to be completely objective here. No insults, no trolling.

The point is guys improve. Yes, early in his career Cam unarguably had some issues as a passer. In both decision making and his mechanics; his tendency to throw off of his back foot was the biggie because it lead to frequent overthrows. If you have watched Carolina play this season you would see how much of a 180 Cam has taken when it comes to staying consistent in his mechanics and really it goes back to last season, too. This isn't just some eye-test bullsh*t, either; the stats support it.

As for the "Cam has a better red zone completion percentage than Brady going back to the start of 2013" comment? I am fully aware the comment isn't (completely) relevant to what you're saying. I brought it up because it proves how arbitrary and misleading it is to bring up ONE stat to bash or discredit a young player like Cam who was a bit unpolished as a passer coming into the NFL. That is obvious when Brady, at worst a top 3 quarterback (I think he's #1 given his supporting cast compared to the others), was 50% in the red zone last year. It's ESPECIALLY misleading because it completely ignores the improvements he has made in that particular start in the last 2 years.

In 2012 his red zone % was a pathetic 35.1%. No one will argue that is not good, but..

In 2013 that jumped 15.8% to 50.9%. Again, that's nothing incredible but it's better than a lot of guys (Brady included). The actual number isn't as important as the improvement from the previous year.

And to drive the point home; his completion percentage this season has jumped another 15.8% to make his current red zone percentage 66.7%. Thought it was interesting both improvements were identical.

So basically, you think it's fair to ignore those improvements (which are based on recent & current statistics) and base your opinion on him off of his freshman/sophomore seasons rather than his two most recent seasons? You think it's fair to use something as subjective as "well if Riverboat Ron trusted him etc etc" as an argument to discredit him?

Honestly dude. Think about that for a second.

Never responded with an actual argument (just more deflecting).

And btw brahs. Here is the "intelligent conversation about Cam Newton's performance, based on facts" this moron is talking about.

The facts are the facts, don't get mad at me.

Many QB's have been injured all season too (Tom Brady comes to mind immediately). He was healthy enough to play, so stop making excuses for him.

Oh, and his last game versus the Bengals he was 29 for 46 (63% completion rate), for 284 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception in a full game plus an entire overtime period lol. Yes, he/they still don't understand he is a quarterback, so he rushed for 107 yards and 1 touchdown instead of the running backs (which will shorten his career).

Convenient how you used his total yards number to seem more impressive, I would to with those passing numbers in 5 quarters.

Bottom line, Riverboat Ron didn't trust Cam to go for it on 4th and 1 with the game on the line. That's undeniable. And they ended up tying.

The Bengals should have won but blew it.

In overtime sCam Newton couldn't drive his team down the field for a touchdown so they settled for a field goal to tie the game in overtime on 4th and 1 near the red zone. Mind you they did this knowing they'd give the ball back to the Bengals with about two minutes left and the next score would win the game. They clearly didn't trust sCam. Ultimately Mike Nugent missed a 36 yard field goal as time ran out to end in a tie.

When someone brought up Steve Young replying to his shortened career comment:

Four concussions in three years, ending his career prematurely.

^ when did Steve Young retire?

Any time someone calls him out for not replying, such as this guy:

Ho lee fuk you're an idiot. Not even a Cam fan, but he posted a statistic showing that in the last two years Cam has been a good RZ QB and you refuse to acknowledge it because you know he's got you beat. Just stop posting, you don't do yourself any favors.

He runs and hides, or posts some more subjective, ignorant "sCam" bullsh*t.

EDIT - forgot to throw this one in here. Was in the Carolina thread talking about how automatic and dominant the Bengals have been recently @ home. This dumb motherfukker comes in unprovoked to make a smartass comment and ethers himself.

bc that game was totally played in Cincinnati lolololol

I mean jesus fukk. I have to be getting trolled.

DeAndreHopkins
10-20-2014, 11:06 PM
cor030 is an obscure stat pulling gotten2 douche. Cam Newton is overrated as phuck. Good, but will never be elite. End of conversation.

Azrairc
10-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Cam Newton is Faster less accurate version of Jason Campbell. Newton will be a career journeymen

cor030
10-20-2014, 11:46 PM
cor030 is an obscure stat pulling gotten2 douche. Cam Newton is overrated as phuck. Good, but will never be elite. End of conversation.

wat

btw never said he was elite. I hate how loosely the term elite is thrown around; completely diminishes the meaning of the word

I do think he's elite at a select couple/few phases of the game.. but he still has a lot of work because he's in that territory. I rank him in the 2nd tier of QB's.

1800_Cool_Guy
10-20-2014, 11:51 PM
He's been injured all season. I'll give him a pass.

HoganIsGOAT
10-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Cam Newton is Faster less accurate version of Jason Campbell. Newton will be a career journeymen

Agreed. This will become more evident over the next several years.

smashedpotato
10-21-2014, 09:02 AM

Agreed,cant stand carolina and the cam cam homers. Aside from peyton, cam cam has got to be the most overrated qb in the nfl right now. Hes ok, not great..

waytoodeep03
10-21-2014, 09:24 AM
But this. Cam is just a backup, I've seen the light. Sure the Panthers are #7 in passing offense with no OL and with few weapons. Sure the passing offense and Cam's running have been the only competent parts of the offense and the defense has been absolutely atrocious. But he's the problem. Maybe we could trade for Kirk Cousins, he's pretty good.

Man dont be so hard on your team.

Its clear the panthers are pacing themselves for the playoff run.

They were gassed last year since they peaked too early. This year they are pacing. I saw it when cam didnt run the first few games then against Cincy he let loose. Then against GB he went back to staying in the pocket. Which means its too early for him to step it up a notch. When he does they are hard to stop.

If he is playing like this in week 14 then yea he is a backup. Until then panthers fan should be patient and let it play out

kenonator
10-21-2014, 09:54 AM
I think Cam is pretty good, the Panthers have a rough year with injuries and zero running game. Cam has looked solid in the pocket this year and had made very few mistakes. His injury has definitely limited his play making ability.

HoganIsGOAT
02-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Agreed. Though the Sports Misc Panthers fans make excuse after excuse for him and seem to blame every other part of the team except him.

Yep. It's quite obvious, unless you just refuse to be honest with yourself.

The Panthers Sports Misc Cam homers are completely delusional. They legitimately view him as an elite quarterback, while I have been trying to explain to them that he is one of the issues on the team.

Of course you haven't actually seen Cam play to understand his throwing has significantly improved and is money in the 10-20 yard range...

2014 - Never forget.

Twon91
02-08-2016, 12:59 PM
He dropped those passes, didnt block or ran those routes?

Im not saying hes free of blame at all,
But he was far from the only issue.

Hes still our best player on Offensive.
Period.