PDA

View Full Version : MVP of the day goes to.....St Louis Rams special teams

PostMoves
10-19-2014, 05:47 PM
fuuuuuuuuuark.

trick punt return for a 90 yard td. executed to perfection.

then with just a couple minutes left up by 2 they decide to do fake punt on their own 15 yard line . thus able to run out the clock and secure the W.

killakms
10-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Seattle brah here.

Das not it mane...

BothellBarbell
10-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Seattle homer here. Rams punter Johnny Hekker was my high school QB at Bothell High. Sad to say

Lunatic
10-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Seattle homer here. Rams punter Johnny Hekker was my high school QB at Bothell High. Sad to sayWhat position did you play?

Niko49ers
10-20-2014, 12:17 AM
Trick punt return:
OMAK_wcoxR0

Fake punt:
y7H8QytXQ2Y

TahitiJones
10-20-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm not arguing lol. They played incredible today

aksnowbrder
10-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Yeah,they ripped it up. I can't figure out how they pulled off that trick punt return so hard - Ryan MUST have called punt left during the return, either they didn't hear or the rams just sold it that hard. Either way, unbelievable play

The fake punt, that was a risky call but absolutely the right one. The hawks offense had all the momentum in the world in the last quarter and fisher knew he couldn't give it back to them with that good of field position. That play in particular showed me the hawks aren't who they used to be - last year they would have DESTROYED a team for trying that. That truly sealed the game. Good job to the rams, back to the drawing board for the hawks.

BothellBarbell
10-20-2014, 12:25 AM
What position did you play?

Didn't play ball. Hekker was a year ahead of me. He took us to state my sophomore year and we lost.

Nutir
10-20-2014, 01:58 AM
Yeah,they ripped it up. I can't figure out how they pulled off that trick punt return so hard - Ryan MUST have called punt left during the return, either they didn't hear or the rams just sold it that hard. Either way, unbelievable play

The fake punt, that was a risky call but absolutely the right one. The hawks offense had all the momentum in the world in the last quarter and fisher knew he couldn't give it back to them with that good of field position. That play in particular showed me the hawks aren't who they used to be - last year they would have DESTROYED a team for trying that. That truly sealed the game. Good job to the rams, back to the drawing board for the hawks.

I'm guessing that they didn't even consider the possibility of a fake punt given field position/time remaining, and it bit them in the ass. It was definitely the right call tho

About the return, anyone know what they were saying about the fair catch sign? I was watching on a stream with ****ty audio :/

Also wish they would've reviewed that final fumble, but nothing I can do about it.

Overall, glad the seahawks showed up 2nd half, the first half was just sad

WeekndOrNah
10-20-2014, 07:25 AM
I'm guessing that they didn't even consider the possibility of a fake punt given field position/time remaining, and it bit them in the ass. It was definitely the right call tho

About the return, anyone know what they were saying about the fair catch sign? I was watching on a stream with ****ty audio :/

Also wish they would've reviewed that final fumble, but nothing I can do about it.

Overall, glad the seahawks showed up 2nd half, the first half was just sad

Tavon Austin on the other side of the field called for fair catch but obviously he didn't get the ball. Carroll was arguing that shouldn't it be down b/c Tavon waved for a fair catch even though the other guy fielded the ball.

BeefStrokinoff
10-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Not sure how the hawks messed that punt return up. Fuk what the punter calls in the huddle. Ever heard of a shanked punt ffs? Follow the ball

WeekndOrNah
10-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Not sure how the hawks messed that punt return up. Fuk what the punter calls in the huddle. Ever heard of a shanked punt ffs? Follow the ball

Obviously you've never played football or let alone, put on a helmet.

It's impossible to follow the ball while sprinting downfield, trying to stay in your lane while avoiding blockers. Punt and Kickoff coverage teams literally just sprint straight downfield when they hear the ball is kicked, and then angle towards the returner because 99% of the time that's where the ball is going to be--at the returner.
You try sprinting downfield while trying to track, in the lights, a ball that's soaring high above you.
Also keep in mind that the ball was punted a little behind midfield, so the very high hangtime/trajectory would make it nearly impossible to track.

Tavon Austin was the only returner back there, so everyone just naturally ran towards him because who the fuk else would catch it?

The Rams did their scouting and saw that the Seahawks punter pulls it to the left, so they had 2 coverage guys on the left gunner with Stedman Bailey peeling off the gunner to field the ball while Tavon drew everyone in on the other half of the field. The only people who can actually see the ball are the punter and Tavon. Everyone is running towards Tavon and the closest person to the punter is ~10 yards in front of him once he has an idea of where the ball is going.

Doc1232
10-20-2014, 10:06 AM
No one seems to remember, the Bears did this same thing to the packers a couple years ago and it worked perfect that time too except there was a holding penalty that called it back. Same thing tho, only the punter had a shot to tackle him and he was easily blocked.

The_Albatross
10-20-2014, 10:20 AM
No one seems to remember, the Bears did this same thing to the packers a couple years ago and it worked perfect that time too except there was a holding penalty that called it back. Same thing tho, only the punter had a shot to tackle him and he was easily blocked.

I remember this because the cameraman couldn't even follow the play.

leafs43
10-20-2014, 10:41 AM
The Bears ran that play a couple of years ago.

Bears got flagged on it tho.

BeefStrokinoff
10-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Obviously you've never played football or let alone, put on a helmet.

It's impossible to follow the ball while sprinting downfield, trying to stay in your lane while avoiding blockers. Punt and Kickoff coverage teams literally just sprint straight downfield when they hear the ball is kicked, and then angle towards the returner because 99% of the time that's where the ball is going to be--at the returner.
You try sprinting downfield while trying to track, in the lights, a ball that's soaring high above you.
Also keep in mind that the ball was punted a little behind midfield, so the very high hangtime/trajectory would make it nearly impossible to track.

Tavon Austin was the only returner back there, so everyone just naturally ran towards him because who the fuk else would catch it?

The Rams did their scouting and saw that the Seahawks punter pulls it to the left, so they had 2 coverage guys on the left gunner with Stedman Bailey peeling off the gunner to field the ball while Tavon drew everyone in on the other half of the field. The only people who can actually see the ball are the punter and Tavon. Everyone is running towards Tavon and the closest person to the punter is ~10 yards in front of him once he has an idea of where the ball is going.

Who said you have to lock in and follow the ball the entire way down the field? Glance up to see its initial direction. Pretty simple. No need for paragraphs. Your saying that every team in the nfl runs down the field blindly on every punt? Please go

1quick1
10-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Who said you have to lock in and follow the ball the entire way down the field? Glance up to see its initial direction. Pretty simple. No need for paragraphs. Your saying that every team in the nfl runs down the field blindly on every punt? Please go

Because on a punt or kickoff nobody looks at the ball. Not even once.