PDA

View Full Version : Christianity is made or broken on one thing

Turbomunkey
10-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Christ's resurrection. It could have all been extinguished by a corpse that was in possession of the Romans.

DizzySmalls
10-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Christ's resurrection. It could have all been extinguished by a corpse that was in possession of the Romans.
Was it really all that powerful right out of the gate? Like 1 year after Christ had been crucified, a huge following of people with obvious powerful implications for the future were spreading all over?

magog704
10-08-2014, 11:39 AM
i was gonna say the catholic conversion of clovis 1 in the 5th century.

uwootm8
10-08-2014, 12:43 PM
No, people always find ways to adapt their beliefs. Anyhow.

Christianity was a very small thing in its early days. By the time it even mattered, jesus's body would have been to rotted to figure anything out.

lasher
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Christianity was a very small thing in its early days. By the time it even mattered, jesus's body would have been to rotted to figure anything out.

That's only considering it from the Roman perspective. From the Jewish perspective, OP is correct. There was antagonism from the synagogues almost from the very begining.

uwootm8
10-08-2014, 01:32 PM
That's only considering it from the Roman perspective. From the Jewish perspective, OP is correct. There was antagonism from the synagogues almost from the very begining.

Well I'd have to see proof.

Also, one would have to show definitively whether only days after his death people believed in his resurrection. Any later and you dig up the body, people say its not his, (or claim from the start that he was just spiritually raised- thus christianity lives on). I dont know enough / recall enough to discuss tbis in detail tho.

As far as im concerned, I dont endorse this position, coz i dont believe jesus's body was in a grave anyhow.

Tekkendo
10-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Well I'd have to see proof.

Also, one would have to show definitively whether only days after his death people believed in his resurrection. Any later and you dig up the body, people say its not his, (or claim from the start that he was just spiritually raised- thus christianity lives on). I dont know enough / recall enough to discuss tbis in detail tho.

As far as im concerned, I dont endorse this position, coz i dont believe jesus's body was in a grave anyhow.

Such irony... Too faneee
http://i.imgur.com/W6oo0.gif