PDA

View Full Version : Pac-12 Refs (Long rant, but with STATS)

woody19
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
So I think we can all agree that the PAc has have by far the best refs. The refs try to take over games and make it all about them. They have some of the biggest gaffes in history.

2014 Pac-12 has 8 teams ranked 90th or worse in penalties per game, ASU is some how the highest ranked at 47
2013 6 in the ranked 90th or worse
2012 9 in the ranked 80th or worse
2011 8 in ranked 80th or worse
2010 8 ranked 80th or worse

Now some of this can be explained by the faster tempo and simply more plays=more penalties.

But if you actually watch the games you will see the ticky tack bs that they call. Their only saving grace is they dont play favorites (unless OOC lol Wiscy/OK), but then again I think thats just because they are too incompetent to pull it off.

I know the ACC is a close second, but their golden child BC is almost always top 10 (fuk your red bandanas btw)

Whos number 1 the SEC or the Big 10? Id say the SEC, they seem to let yall play a little more down there then rest of the country.

isp
10-08-2014, 08:04 AM
the fukked over wisconsin pretty good last year

woody19
10-08-2014, 08:14 AM
the fukked over wisconsin pretty good last year

indeed they did, almost every coach in the PAC has been fined for criticizing them, its not like the conference is poor, we just have the worst commissioner who doesnt have a clue. Yea lets bring in utah and colorado that will help smh. Pac-12 network? Yeah lets make sure the biggest satelite provider doesnt get it smh...

The B1G and SEC commissioner dont take sh!t, they get things done.

jtaylor2010
10-08-2014, 08:40 AM
the SEC lets us play more, but they are incompetent as sh!t. Bad calls every week.....unless you're Bama.

CCdA9mvTfts

http://i.imgur.com/gDPOmqq.gif

woody19
10-08-2014, 09:04 AM
Lol at the bama ref

9Pghya26usA

this pos is the worst we got

woody19
10-09-2014, 05:25 AM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im taking credit for this

Pac-12 officials coordinator resigns
Updated: October 9, 2014, 2:14 AM ET
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
7654COMMENTS19EMAILPRIN
In the wake of a tumultuous couple of weeks for Pac-12 officials, the league's coordinator of football officiating has resigned.

The Pac-12 announced Tony Corrente's resignation in a statement Wednesday night, citing personal and professional reasons.

"Under Tony's leadership, our program made great strides in improving the quality, accountability and consistency," commissioner Larry Scott said in the statement. "While it's unfortunate that Tony has decided to leave us at this time, I want to express my appreciation for his contribution, and for leaving our officiating program strong and headed in the right direction."

Pac-12 officials have come under fire the past couple of weeks following a series of high-profile, questionable calls and non-calls in several games. It spilled over Saturday in Colorado when coach Mike MacIntyre was seen screaming at officials and following them off the field following the Buffs' 36-31 loss to Oregon State. The tirade earned MacIntyre a $10,000 fine and a reprimand from the league earlier this week.

Corrente had served as the Pac-12's officiating coordinator since 2011 and is an NFL official who worked last season's AFC Championship Game. He missed part of the 2012 season after being diagnosed with throat cancer.

Jim Blackwood, who has more than 20 years as a college conference coordinator and 10 years as an NFL replay official, will serve as interim coordinator for the remainder of the season. He previously served as the instant replay supervisor under Corrente.

The league will conduct a search for a permanent replacement after the season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tears
10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im taking credit for this

Pac-12 officials coordinator resigns
Updated: October 9, 2014, 2:14 AM ET
By Kevin Gemmell | ESPN.com
7654COMMENTS19EMAILPRIN
In the wake of a tumultuous couple of weeks for Pac-12 officials, the league's coordinator of football officiating has resigned.

The Pac-12 announced Tony Corrente's resignation in a statement Wednesday night, citing personal and professional reasons.

"Under Tony's leadership, our program made great strides in improving the quality, accountability and consistency," commissioner Larry Scott said in the statement. "While it's unfortunate that Tony has decided to leave us at this time, I want to express my appreciation for his contribution, and for leaving our officiating program strong and headed in the right direction."

Pac-12 officials have come under fire the past couple of weeks following a series of high-profile, questionable calls and non-calls in several games. It spilled over Saturday in Colorado when coach Mike MacIntyre was seen screaming at officials and following them off the field following the Buffs' 36-31 loss to Oregon State. The tirade earned MacIntyre a $10,000 fine and a reprimand from the league earlier this week.

Corrente had served as the Pac-12's officiating coordinator since 2011 and is an NFL official who worked last season's AFC Championship Game. He missed part of the 2012 season after being diagnosed with throat cancer.

Jim Blackwood, who has more than 20 years as a college conference coordinator and 10 years as an NFL replay official, will serve as interim coordinator for the remainder of the season. He previously served as the instant replay supervisor under Corrente.

The league will conduct a search for a permanent replacement after the season.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

good job, well done