PDA

View Full Version : bread or veggies

cdonald2
10-06-2014, 03:24 PM
I have some stupid questions but cut me some slack i'm new at this.

I know that fruits and veggies and brown rice and bread (i only eat oatmeal bread with no high fructose corn syrup) are all carbs.

How many grams of carbs should come from bread a day?
how many should come from veggies?
how many from fruit?

Why does it matter which is which if theyre all carbs? I am eating about 180g of carbs daily but I want to make sure its the right kind. I love my starchy carbs butI dont eat much other than the oatmeal bread. So how many pieces a day should I have if theyre 20g of carbs? I usually stick to one serving of fruit per day to avoid sugars if I can.

Jcart159
10-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I have some stupid questions but cut me some slack i'm new at this.

I know that fruits and veggies and brown rice and bread (i only eat oatmeal bread with no high fructose corn syrup) are all carbs.

how many from fruit?

Why does it matter which is which if theyre all carbs? I am eating about 180g of carbs daily but I want to make sure its the right kind. I love my starchy carbs butI dont eat much other than the oatmeal bread. So how many pieces a day should I have if theyre 20g of carbs? I usually stick to one serving of fruit per day to avoid sugars if I can.

There is no right kind of carbs. Eat the kinds you find tastey, whilst ensuring macro and micro sufficiency and you are good to go.

PBateman2
10-06-2014, 04:46 PM
how many from fruit?

Basically up to you and your preferences. Allocate how you like. Aim for a balance.

desslok
10-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Out of the 180gm of carbs I would personally try to keep fructose under 50gm per day.

Connor1226
10-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Vegetables are not all carbs o_O
They may have carbs in them but...

Anyways. There is really no answer to that other than what the rest said. Personal preference. Just get in some good variety and plenty of veggies/fruit daily for micronutrients.