PDA

View Full Version : If far lefts and far rights are the obvious problem...why not take the middle??

Aesthetical
10-06-2014, 08:14 AM
We all see it, far lefts destroying america...far rights and the religious psycho babble. Why cant a rep from the middle ground come in and have a legit shot...

Discuss.

otisthebat
10-06-2014, 08:22 AM
We all see it, far lefts destroying america...far rights and the religious psycho babble. Why cant a rep from the middle ground come in and have a legit shot...

Discuss.

because the middle is not the solution. there can be no compromise on many of the issues.

leafs43
10-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Anyone taking the middle is considered an out of touch flip flopper. (see: Mitt Romney)

WhiskeyDavid
10-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Media don't like middle OP.

lazi
10-06-2014, 08:36 AM
My perfect middle ground candidate would be for two things:
1. Freedom of Association
-gay marriage is fine
-no more suing for discrimination, or crying about it.
2. Massive alternative energy subsidies
-end war in ME
-business and factories in US get moolah
-stem majors most important, no more finance based economy

I think these are two important concepts 80% of Americans can get behind.

teflonwig
10-06-2014, 08:43 AM
-gay marriage is fine
-end war in ME

Strong this. INB4 location.

brighamw
10-07-2014, 08:08 PM
because the middle is not the solution. there can be no compromise on many of the issues.

This...

tk217
10-07-2014, 08:46 PM
People in the middle usually don't show up to the polls.

ProLibertas
10-07-2014, 11:00 PM
One guy wants to cut off both your arms, another, none, we should go with the third guy who wants to take off one.

21infantry
10-07-2014, 11:04 PM
-gay marriage is fine
-end war in ME

Nope, alternative energy will be brought to bear by the Market, not Government. Next

jbball92
10-07-2014, 11:04 PM
because then you're a liberal

21infantry
10-07-2014, 11:09 PM
The funny thing is that Conservatism is actually classic liberalism, American Liberalism as it is known today, well they have a word for that "Moronic"

veggie530
10-07-2014, 11:11 PM
The only middle that works is taking some of what is right on the right and some of what is right on the left, you can't stake a middle ground in a lot of issues.

NS1234
10-07-2014, 11:23 PM
"far left and far rights" far=extreme

You can pick a side, but as long as you keep an open mind and don't get to the point where you bash the other sides views and don't listen to any of their valid points, you're perfectly fine.

/thread

SymphonyXXX
10-08-2014, 06:21 AM
General audiences don't want to hear the truth, they want to be told whatever is needed so as to ferment good feelings of overall prosperity and progress.

If it means you lie to a general audience, you lie. Your evidence better be somewhat believable.

Telling the truth hardly works because, contrary to what most people would like to believe, the truth is not this or that. It's usually a mix of this + that + something else, or, it is not known at all.

You can't, however, be in a position of power at anytime and say "I don't know" because that is exactly what the position of power entails: you're making the decisions, not us, you HAVE to know.

The correct answer to most questions in world affairs is not clear. There are many correct 'choices' that have equally damning consequences. Still, by far, it is a better bet to stick to anything that sounds somewhat reasonable rather than to be 'really' truthful and ever say "I don't know."

EpicLevelWizard
10-08-2014, 06:44 AM
The reason there can be no middle ground is because the extremists at each end make up too large of a percentage of the population to concede, as extremists are retarded and will always believe they are correct no matter what evidence shows they are wrong.

The entire political system in the US is a massive unstoppable joke, lol.

GreatOldOne
10-08-2014, 07:01 AM
Because the primary system empowers the more extreme elements of both parties. It's their supporters who come out to vote.

Open primaries would do away and force more candidates to the center.

repsDTGdaily
10-08-2014, 07:05 AM
-gay marriage is fine
-end war in ME

I think these are two important concepts 80% of Americans can get behind.I would definitely change number 1 to "get government out of marriage altogether"

brighamw
10-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Because the primary system empowers the more extreme elements of both parties. It's their supporters who come out to vote.

Open primaries would do away and force more candidates to the center.

And that's a good thing :confused: