PDA

View Full Version : What should I eat before training?

Guill0
10-01-2014, 06:07 AM
Hey guys/girls , What should I eat before training? The only time that I have to go to gym is after the office, no time for dinner :/

CharonRower
10-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Hey guys/girls , What should I eat before training? The only time that I have to go to gym is after the office, no time for dinner :/
What you want? Maybe something light though, I would not want to be bloated before going to train. Fruit maybe.

InItForFitness
10-01-2014, 06:09 AM
Something...nothing...whatever you prefer and are in the mood for.

There is no right or wrong answer here, it's highly personal preference.
Try a variety of things and see what works best for you.

Personally if I'm training for strength development or having a 'heavy' session I'll usually pack in 75-100g of carbs w/ 20-30g of protein an hour or two before my lifting session.
If I'm strictly training light or for a pump I'll just wake up and go to the gym fasted with nothing but my PWO in my system.

pitbull1227
10-01-2014, 06:10 AM
I prefer fats pre training and carbs post but really whatever will make you perform most optimally is what's best for you.

greeksthetic
10-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Just cook ur meals one day before and eat it cold ... Its about how bad do you want it !

elias1877
10-01-2014, 06:30 AM
eat whatever you want that will optimize your training and fir your macros for the day. its completely up to you. what works for you might not work for someone else.

ironwill2008
10-01-2014, 06:37 AM

I enjoy cheeseburgers, so you should like them too.

Mncdk
10-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Some people function better when training fasted, others require some food. Different people work best in different situations.
Experiement and try it out for yourself.

I've been training fasted for a while, but I'm switching it up now and I'll be having some pre-workout food, just to see if I perform better that way. Experiment!
(What I do know is that I don't function if I eat immediately before working out, but your mileage may vary.)

loganhart
10-01-2014, 07:27 AM
I eat roughly a 1000-1500 calorie meal approximately 12-16 hours before I train.

Yesterday it was ground beef, Normandy blend mix vegetables, boiled potatoes, tea biscuits, an Oh'Henrey bar and two beer.

acehunter27
10-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Apples and bananas an hour before with pb.

TheLongRun
10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
If early morning (which is when I always lift), black coffee only.

If evening/after work, I would let my lunch from 4-5 hours ago be my preworkout. But that's just me.

desslok
10-01-2014, 09:43 AM

Wrong. I eat a banana and a cup if coffee. He should do what i do.

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 10:03 AM

Wrong. I eat a banana and a cup if coffee. He should do what i do.

You're both wrong. The only thing to do is what that one guy who goes on the long winded psychotic rants (about what anyone else is doing, eating, or drinking) does. Including gummi bears after every workout because Stoppani said so.

Jcart159
10-01-2014, 10:08 AM
You're both wrong. The only thing to do is what that one guy who goes on the long winded psychotic rants (about what anyone else is doing, eating, or drinking) does. Including gummi bears after every workout because Stoppani said so.

but they guy keeps asking me about my secret! and to think, he comes in with fast food everyday... the outrage!

ironwill2008
10-01-2014, 10:27 AM

I look forward to his return to this forum, where he will proceed to post yet another lame troll thread composed of questions any 4th grader could easily answer, get his ass handed to him about 25 times, and then delete the thread.

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 10:29 AM
I look forward to his return to this forum, where he will proceed to post yet another lame troll thread composed of questions any 4th grader could easily answer, get his ass handed to him about 25 times, and then delete the thread.

It's entertaining as hell. Though it maybe somewhat confusing the the people that don't know any better.

ironwill2008
10-01-2014, 10:35 AM
It's entertaining as hell. Though it maybe somewhat confusing the the people that don't know any better.

I have to admit though, that even with my finely-tuned TrollDar Senses, I still can't quite decide if that joker is trolling me (and doing a damn fine job of it, I might ad), or he's just a simpleton. :(

TheLongRun
10-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Is he at band camp right now?

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Is he at band camp right now?

One can hope.

ironwill2008
10-01-2014, 11:37 AM
One can hope.

That 'respawn' knucklehead is currently banned, for what, the 5th or 6th time by now? While I hesitate to criticize any of the moderators, I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just perma-ban his argumentative dumb ass. Apparently they (the moderators in this forum) have far more patience than I.

The 'collins91' troll I was talking about is still on the loose, and will no doubt be back in here or elsewhere on this site. This isn't the only bbdotcom forum to suffer from his odd brand of nonsense.

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 11:45 AM
That 'respawn' knucklehead is currently banned, for what, the 5th or 6th time by now? While I hesitate to criticize any of the moderators, I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't just perma-ban his argumentative dumb ass. Apparently they (the moderators in this forum) have far more patience than I.

The 'collins91' troll I was talking about is still on the loose, and will no doubt be back in here or elsewhere on this site. This isn't the only bbdotcom forum to suffer from his odd brand of nonsense.

I was actually surprised to see respawn rebanned recently. Because he seems to have calmed down a LOT (recently) and have somehwat reasonable discussions in threads. I saw the Collingsworth guy had a thread about "Are your friends jealous because you're genetically superior" or some such bull****.

(sorry for hijacking your thread, OP)

JerryTsitas
10-01-2014, 12:02 PM
2 cans of tuna + 1 cup of rice checking in crew

Lowpala
10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I just hit up Wendy's, got a pulled pork cheeseburger (recommend to everyone btw) and huge glass of chocolate milk. That's my pre meal.

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 06:55 PM

Looks like he managed to finally go to camp this evening.

desslok
10-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Looks like he managed to finally go to camp this evening.

He's probably out at the local pub telling everyone the evils of drinking alcohol and them a few minutes later having a drink with them.

MetilHed
10-01-2014, 07:21 PM
He's probably out at the local pub telling everyone the evils of drinking alcohol and them a few minutes later having a drink with them.

First he's going to stop at McDonalds and tell everyone there that they'll never be anything.

desslok
10-01-2014, 07:45 PM
First he's going to stop at McDonalds and tell everyone there that they'll never be anything.

But then eat a big mac on Sunday

ironwill2008
10-02-2014, 05:21 AM

Or how creatine will soon be banned by FDA.