PDA

View Full Version : Why did god change his mind?

SuperCell
09-27-2014, 10:22 AM
If you read the Old Testament god says to kill non-believers, gays, people who work on Sunday, etc.

Then he apparently sent jesus christ (as himself) who said to love your enemies.

Why did god change his mind?

ElevatedVaal
09-27-2014, 10:37 AM
god didnt have a mind to change, because he doesnt exist/thread

Roke
09-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Probably context changes....assuming you're even speaking truthfully.

CalmWind
09-27-2014, 11:16 AM
If you read the Old Testament god says to kill non-believers, gays, people who work on Sunday, etc.

Then he apparently sent jesus christ (as himself) who said to love your enemies.

God didn't tell Jews to kill non-believers in the OT.

Perhaps you are confused and referring to a specific battle in which the Jews had to kill their enemies. But that's not the same as a mandate from God saying "Kill non believers"

GreatOldOne
09-27-2014, 11:22 AM

People who work on Sunday?

Skwidward
09-27-2014, 03:04 PM
I get what you're saying, but this is what Jesus said....

Matthew 5:17:

17“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Bullroarer
09-27-2014, 03:17 PM
He didn't change his mind, YHWH and the NT God aren't the same being.

YHWH's the god of a people fighting for its existence and his morals reflect his people's need for discipline. The NT god is the god of a people who have already been conquered and absorbed into the Pax Romana, and his morals reflect the crushing security they experienced.