PDA

View Full Version : Strict diet and bodybuilding= no social life

15meyers462
09-27-2014, 12:33 AM
Okay I haven't drank in over a year. I was always going out getting drunk and getting girls. Then I quit drinking and then I still had a social life. Now I have a had a strict diet and seem the best gains ever over the past few months. I haven't gone out or anything my friends are more like strangers they never hit me up but I also don't have the time..and I don't want to drink and going to party's ain't fun for me unless I'm ****ed up so why go?

My schedule pretty much is:
Wake up, eat, gym, eat, work, eat, poop, eat, eat again, nap, eat, poop, bed, repeat

I also eat clean I eat chicken, steak, rice, potatoe, eggs, all that healthy ****. Seems like my only friends are my brothers and my charm with the ladies dropped to gettin laid like once a month or 2 cause I just don't have the time. Also I work everyday.

Any bros got te same problem?

Lombardment
09-27-2014, 12:48 AM
no because i am not a pro bb

i just avoid soft drinks dont drink to much beer and just try to hit my protein and fats

eggrayman
09-27-2014, 12:49 AM
I do. What is social life though? I mean social life for people that are our age is go club - get dick wet (try to get dick wet) - fail at getting dick wet, drink drink drink, go home, pass out. You know I tried to fit into society but man i just dont get the whole clubbing/pub thing i mean as soon as you enter you're suppose to feel like dancing and buying expensive drinks filled with ice? why? Why not improve your self and be the best version of your self? So my friend's know that if they call me to go out it better be fishing, walking, catching up, dinner.

AFC96
09-27-2014, 02:21 AM
no because i am not a pro bb

i just avoid soft drinks dont drink to much beer and just try to hit my protein and fats

Do you even coke zero bro?

And OP: even though im still 18.. Getting drunk and getting girls is something i would give up if the other option was to be healthy and have a better life. Just my opinion.

Hit your protein and fat intake, and you can fill the rest of your calories with any macros you want

ISAID69
09-27-2014, 02:58 AM
I wish I had as much sense of some of you lads when I was 18 or 20, even 30. For me the party never stopped and involved all the fun & booze my money could buy me, what a waste of time and money that was.

I wouldn't worry about the social scene too much because that's just one of those things that happen naturally when you stay out of the clubs & pubs and spend more time in the gym. Just chill and let things take care of themselves, don't overthink things man, enjoy life & stay fit + healthy.

Tmdpotts
09-27-2014, 04:52 AM
I was feeling the same way with no social life and eat thing the same thing, working 12 hr shifts and never going out. Half way through this summer I said **** it, I will still hit the gym hard eat to hit my totals 90% of the time and not worry about it. Im not entering any comps or ever looking to have photos taken so you need to find what work for you before you end up on a 3 week bender.

Connor1226
09-27-2014, 05:07 AM
If you want to go out and party here and there with your friends, go do it.
Doing it every once in a while isn't likely going to interfere with achieving your goals.

From what your post sounds like, you ask if other people have this "problem", yet it doesn't actually seem like you think it's a problem. You are ok with these choices. You may just feel like other people are making you feel bad about those being your choices?
Could be wrong.

I'm not a pro BB (obviously), my #1 goals are fitness and health. I used to be a non-drinker, now I don't think I'd give up booze 100% ever. Mostly because now I understand that it makes zero sense to do so. You can still be a competitive athlete and drink. So to give up something I enjoy for principle doesn't really make much logical sense.
Same with food. I'm a clean eater too. Probably more strictly so than many others who make that claim. That doesn't mean I don't go outside those normal every day rules once in a while. As a matter of fact, I have plans to buy some Fig Newtons over Thanksgiving Break. Haven't had those in over a year. :9
I know what you are thinking, "this guy lives on the edge".

Wanting to be a successful athlete requires sacrifice, but it doesn't have to be to the point of deprivation. Find a way to do the things you enjoy, or you are going to end up hating your sport and leaving it.

15meyers462
09-27-2014, 06:02 AM
If you want to go out and party here and there with your friends, go do it.
Doing it every once in a while isn't likely going to interfere with achieving your goals.

From what your post sounds like, you ask if other people have this "problem", yet it doesn't actually seem like you think it's a problem. You are ok with these choices. You may just feel like other people are making you feel bad about those being your choices?
Could be wrong.

I'm not a pro BB (obviously), my #1 goals are fitness and health. I used to be a non-drinker, now I don't think I'd give up booze 100% ever. Mostly because now I understand that it makes zero sense to do so. You can still be a competitive athlete and drink. So to give up something I enjoy for principle doesn't really make much logical sense.
Same with food. I'm a clean eater too. Probably more strictly so than many others who make that claim. That doesn't mean I don't go outside those normal every day rules once in a while. As a matter of fact, I have plans to buy some Fig Newtons over Thanksgiving Break. Haven't had those in over a year. :9
I know what you are thinking, "this guy lives on the edge".

Wanting to be a successful athlete requires sacrifice, but it doesn't have to be to the point of deprivation. Find a way to do the things you enjoy, or you are going to end up hating your sport and leaving it.

I do plan on competing though. And when I do I want to crush my competition like it was nothing when I step on stage. I want to be massive and conditioned

RugbyBro
09-27-2014, 08:21 AM
I do plan on competing though. And when I do I want to crush my competition like it was nothing when I step on stage. I want to be massive and conditioned

Are you genetically gifted? If yes, maintain your outside relationships. Drink from time to time. Live life don't be a depressed hermit

Are you genetically gifted? If no, maintain your outside relationships. Drink from time to time. Live life don't be a depressed hermit

TOPOFTHEFOODCHAIN
09-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Being part of todays society is counter productive for anybody, just keep doing what your doing sounds like your doing great ...if I had your sense 20 yrs ago I'd be doing much better now.

15meyers462
09-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Are you genetically gifted? If yes, maintain your outside relationships. Drink from time to time. Live life don't be a depressed hermit

Are you genetically gifted? If no, maintain your outside relationships. Drink from time to time. Live life don't be a depressed hermit

You be can judge of that, people mistake me for being 180-185 when I'm only 160. I went from 120-160 same bf in a little over a year with bulking and cutting. I've been accused of gear by a few people aswell. On the left is me party goer didn't give a. Phuck about anything and I. The right is a lot more dedicated and mature me with no social life cause I eat sleep work bodybuilding. I may compete on physique and bodybuilding and see which one I'd do best in

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a512/meyers462/Mobile%20Uploads/695AC876-4B96-4F31-B9AB-CC9FDA9ABCDA_zpsbkwesipa.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/meyers462/media/Mobile%20Uploads/695AC876-4B96-4F31-B9AB-CC9FDA9ABCDA_zpsbkwesipa.jpg.html)

BisonPride222
09-27-2014, 10:04 AM
No offense man but you have a long ways to go before you do physique comps... You're only young once, do what you enjoy but don't miss out on the opportunities that being young offers

ChaoticReignPbt
09-27-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm cutting OP. Was out last night. Had 2 jack and diets...looked leaner this morning. Saturday I don't count calories so I'm about to drive an hour with my girl to check out this famous grilled pizza place in providence. I can get back to cutting tomorrow...or Monday.

You can still have a life, just make wise choices. Getting smashed and wrecking a pizza isn't wise. Having a few drinks and relaxing isn't a big deal. When I was your age I lived like you do now and I regret it. Head over to the stickies and learn how to construct a diet that will help you meet your goals without all these arbitrary restrictions.

BenD4Me
09-27-2014, 10:31 AM
gotta do what makes you happy. Whats the point of looking good if youre a hermit. I'm getting old so I could care less about going out, but chit man youre young, and those years fly by.

desslok
09-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Thats right OP. Just think of how awesome it will feel to get up on that stage... in your speedos, in front of a bunch of complete strangers, accepting that awesome trophy! All your ex-friends will wish they were there to see it, but you showed them! In their faces! They won't ever know, but you will know! And thats all that matters.

15meyers462
09-27-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm cutting OP. Was out last night. Had 2 jack and diets...looked leaner this morning. Saturday I don't count calories so I'm about to drive an hour with my girl to check out this famous grilled pizza place in providence. I can get back to cutting tomorrow...or Monday.

You can still have a life, just make wise choices. Getting smashed and wrecking a pizza isn't wise. Having a few drinks and relaxing isn't a big deal. When I was your age I lived like you do now and I regret it. Head over to the stickies and learn how to construct a diet that will help you meet your goals without all these arbitrary restrictions.

Honestly I don't even enjoy drinking anymore. I'd rather smoke pot, more enjoyable. But I quit due to joining the Air Force, and i use to due IIFYM and yeah I made gains but sloppy. Then I got a dietitian and I'm eating clean and look better than ever I'm putting in weight and my waist is still getting smaller.

The main thing I miss is having fun and getting chicks but yah I pretty much don't have free time and when I do I don't like spending money on stupid **** I'd rather put it in my savings so therefore I can't go put with my buds cause they just like getting fast food and wasting 100s of dollars every day

Black_Label
09-27-2014, 11:34 AM
if you want to go out do it.
You will more or less be doing +2 -1 type stuff unless you are drinking to extremes

I used to be 98% clean eating and yes i was cut but it was not fun. once i stared eating more i gained more weight and moved heavier weight. The 30 pounds i gained off set the cuttness.

Rebinho
09-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Same with me bro! Chagend my life around, srict diet and bodybuilding....lost most freinds, the one i was close too i still had.
Ya know what i did? went to parties without drinking ;)

But i remmeber when i went to gym, this older fella and I had discussion about sociallife. The dude said when he was in my age, when he workout, he lost friends. But as soon as eveyrone saw his fit body...everyone wanted to befriend him...and girls was chashing him...

Point of this, ull get a better social life when u maximixed ur body! ;)

PBateman2
09-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Apply balance, moderation, and common sense.

15meyers462
09-28-2014, 12:24 PM
Apply balance, moderation, and common sense.

Well I went out yesterday. Talked to a few people but it seems like none of them cared what I had to say anyway? I use to be a shy kid until last year (unless I was ****ed up) and everyone still looks at me as bein shy like wtf? If anything I'm super confident. Only time people recognize me is if I'm being an ******* so I guess I have to be an ******* ain't? No ****s were given yesterday either

tonyl96
09-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Okay I haven't drank in over a year. I was always going out getting drunk and getting girls. Then I quit drinking and then I still had a social life. Now I have a had a strict diet and seem the best gains ever over the past few months. I haven't gone out or anything my friends are more like strangers they never hit me up but I also don't have the time..and I don't want to drink and going to party's ain't fun for me unless I'm ****ed up so why go?

My schedule pretty much is:
Wake up, eat, gym, eat, work, eat, poop, eat, eat again, nap, eat, poop, bed, repeat

I also eat clean I eat chicken, steak, rice, potatoe, eggs, all that healthy ****. Seems like my only friends are my brothers and my charm with the ladies dropped to gettin laid like once a month or 2 cause I just don't have the time. Also I work everyday.

Any bros got te same problem?

i drink every thursday night, not a lot though, just a couple shots (6-8) with no drinks. I'm in university but I feel u man, social life isn't as good. I've been good at counting my macro's lately and saving them up for when I go out with friends so I can eat whatever I want!! I'm going out with a girl tonight for froyo, little does she know is I already have 300g of peanut butter froyo already in my macros LOL. The worst is when your friends want to go out somewhere with no nutrition, like some sushi place or local business. Thats when I say no I can't come out

and with training its the same thing, I workout 2 days on 1 off, if I have something planned or I'm busy for the day I'll just go 3 on 1 off the next, or I'll go 3 on 1 off before