PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Dieting Questions

datsyuk
09-25-2014, 04:37 PM
I am going to be reverse dieting this winter after doing a good amount of research over the past few months and have a few questions that I not really found any data on.

Quick Info on current stats:
-Back in April I was coming off of a dirty bulk at around 210lbs with pretty high body fat. Previous summer I was around 175-180lbs ranging from 8-10% body fat roughly.
-Began cutting, macros were roughly around 65f/350c/275p when I started tracking (did not track in winter, ate like a machine lol)
-Currently around 180lbs now back at 8% or so with macros at 65/175c/275p with a refeed every 6 days with 330c
-Stalling fat/weight loss at 180lbs and don't feel like cutting food or losing anymore weight to achieve a lower body fat (I don't compete I don't feel the need to)
-No cardio has been done during my cut

Now I am going to be reverse dieting this winter instead of bulking hard like I did last year (found this to be somewhat pointless and what a ****ty long cut this has been haha).

I get the main idea of the reverse dieting, slowly increase calories (fats & carbs) to increase my metabolic capacity while my metabolic adaptation follows the calorie increase as much as possible to not add as much body fat at the same time to hopefully makes my cuts a bit easier and eat more food while getting back to where I was before. Makes perfect sense.

My current macros though have my protein @ 1.5g/lb which I do believe is either too high, or on the high side after reading around. I also understand that when I have higher fats and carbs coming in, this protein intake is not needed.

My questions:

1) Is my protein too high to begin with right now and should it be dropped? If so, am I replacing the calories dropped with carbohydrates and maybe some fats? Or because of the calories I am at do I still require a slightly higher protein amount which slowly needs to be dropped?

2) If I do not drop the protein right away. While reversing I am adding fats and carbs slowly, do I decrease the protein at basically the same rate I am adding my carbs (they cancel out) and the added calories will slowly come from my fats until I reach the desired protein level in my reverse diet? (Assuming this will be very close to 1g/lb)

The transition from dieting into reversing is really the only hitch I have, the main problem obviously being how I am going to adjust my protein intake otherwise I feel fairly confident about this.

Apologize if any of this is repeated questions on here I checked the stickies out and have been listening to and watching quite of a bit of Layne Norton/3DMJ videos.

Thanks

AFC96
09-25-2014, 04:46 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164262931

datsyuk
09-25-2014, 04:47 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164262931

Going to check that out now. I'll edit it but I forgot to add every 6 days I have a refeed with carbs at 330ish. I guess that raises another question to which I am going to look for now, when do the refeeds stop? Ty.

AFC96
09-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Going to check that out now. I'll edit it but I forgot to add every 6 days I have a refeed with carbs at 330ish. I guess that raises another question to which I am going to look for now, when do the refeeds stop? Ty.

read. On the link it explains.