PDA

View Full Version : Would you say liberals are on average happier than their counterparts?

paxman85
09-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Title

DeathDefying
09-21-2014, 01:34 PM
How can they be happy when they spend all their time whining?

HiDunk
09-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Doubt it. Their jimmies are in a constant rustled state.

ryantatarniuk
09-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Not sure when it became a dispopular thing to have a liberal attitude

GnarlySheen
09-21-2014, 01:40 PM

It became "dispopular" when people started realizing how much it's fuking things up for our country.

but location: Alberta, Canada

It's ok if you don't understand.

F23
09-21-2014, 01:40 PM
It's the opposite, actually. The "happiest" cities in the US are mostly conservative.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/us-unhappiest-cities_n_5606503.html

F23
09-21-2014, 01:41 PM

dispopular

paxman85
09-21-2014, 01:42 PM
It's the opposite, actually. The "happiest" cities in the US are mostly conservative.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/21/us-unhappiest-cities_n_5606503.html

Innterdasting. Hurr durr come on NYC sort it out.

Aesthetical
09-21-2014, 01:43 PM
It became "dispopular" when people started realizing how much it's fuking things up for our country.

but location: Alberta, Canada

Its ok if you dont understand.

Such as?

Care to explain?

Pro-choice: Why should it be your right to tell another man and woman what to do with their body.

Gay marriage: Has absolutely zero effect on your life.

Personally I am more liberal on social views and conservative on fiscal policies. Its just that the right tends to be more judgmental and want to control how other people live when it has no effect on them.

Kaduceus
09-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Liberals are some of the most miserable people I know

I know it's anecdotal, but yeah

Wallace1297
09-21-2014, 01:44 PM
more deluded

paxman85
09-21-2014, 01:46 PM
[

I know it's anecdotal, but yeah

Living in the UK my observation has been the opposite

more deluded

Possibly due to this ^

skinnybig2
09-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Title

No. I don't think happiness comes from political orientation though.

Tabris
09-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Depends on what type of liberal you're talking about. Coming from somebody who can be very liberal (more classic liberal, not social justice retard) when it comes to social issues, at least, modern social justice liberals are probably drowning in their own smug state of 'enlightenment' rather than being genuinely happy, because it always comes across that they have a beef with some form of 'inequality'.

Cone1
09-21-2014, 01:51 PM
most hardcore conservatives i know are just angry all the time

ispy
09-21-2014, 01:51 PM
i've read countless studies on this, which were conducted by top universities of #merica, and i can confirm that liberals are on average happier than their counterparts.

MusicProducer
09-21-2014, 01:59 PM
On the surface, I'd imagine that conservatives are more likely to say they're happy (when they actually aren't).

400Lb Gorilla
09-21-2014, 02:03 PM
if you define yourself by one of those 2 sheep mentalities then you are never going to be happy

myronmetz
09-21-2014, 02:43 PM
if you define yourself by one of those 2 sheep mentalities then you are never going to be happy

This.
Phuck liberals tho

Insanity_SC
09-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Such as?

Care to explain?

Pro-choice: Why should it be your right to tell another man and woman what to do with their body.

Gay marriage: Has absolutely zero effect on your life.

Personally I am more liberal on social views and conservative on fiscal policies. Its just that the right tends to be more judgmental and want to control how other people live when it has no effect on them.

LOL, 2 issues. Both of which are about as minor as issues can be. But pretty much the only two issues modern liberals can speak about as those are the only 2 issues which garner popular support for their agenda.

The vast majority of modern liberal liberal policy is exactly the opposite of 'liberal". The entire economic platform is populist, pro centralized power, pro-force, anti growth, anti individual freedom. Modern liberals are collectivists, not individualists.

So really, the idea that American conservatives are more controlling is quite a delusion. anarcho capitalists could make that claim, so could most libertarians. Modern liberals cannot, that would be the ultimate hypocrisy

Cfitz717
09-21-2014, 02:47 PM
How can they be happy when they spend all their time whining?

lol this

Codyisback
09-21-2014, 02:47 PM
liberal is such a wishy-washy term it's hard to give you an exact answer, are conservatives happier than democrats? 9 times out of 10 yes probably

spacecowboy00
09-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I always lol hard when people's identities are defined by their political ideologies, which are really just ways for the system to stay in power and make people think you have true freedom. Stop making it black and white and calling yourself conservative or liberal. it really reflects poorly on your intelligence. life is not black and white. it's all shades of grey and if you look at it through politically tinted glasses you'll never see things for the way they are. i'm pro-choice and pro-homosexuality, but i'm also pro gun ownership and against overt political correctness. it's possible to have viewpoints that fall in both ideologies. You're a human being with choices, not a tick mark in a ballot box

Powerconda
09-21-2014, 02:51 PM
good points in here.....anybody that puts a label on themselves and thinks inside a box like that is just confused. Don't care how much money they make...they do not get it.

JazB
09-21-2014, 02:52 PM
You mean those bitter old hags who slooted it up, now they see their male counterparts making heaps of money while their cats keep them company. now they want higher taxes for them....yeah..im sure their happy lol

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
09-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Yes, liberals are probably more happy but so were all the people still plugged into The Matrix.

TheLawDawg
09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Maybe. They are definitely more phaggy though.

ChaosCallMeat
09-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Same. But they're not so much liberals as they are whiny college kids living in their parents' basements complaining how the world doesn't cater to them. All while being better off than most other people I know.

ZenBowman
09-21-2014, 03:15 PM
The more someone self identifies as a liberal, conservative, or libertarian, the more likely they are to be permanently outraged and unhappy.

People who dont define themselves in a particular bucket and just consider each issue on its merit are more likely to be happy.

Hard libs are always looking for any sign of injustice to cry over and hard conservatives burst blood vessels every time Michelle Obama buys a new pair of shoes.

Tekkendo
09-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Probably more deranged...

http://thecoloradoobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/biden.jpg

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2013/Congress/House%20Democrats/pelosi_oh_no_ap.jpg

http://gopthedailydose.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Hillary-Clinton-speaking.jpg

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2013/Congress/Senate%20Democrats/harry-reid-a-ok-afp.jpg

MusicProducer
09-21-2014, 03:44 PM
The more someone self identifies as a liberal, conservative, or libertarian, the more likely they are to be permanently outraged and unhappy.

People who dont define themselves in a particular bucket and just consider each issue on its merit are more likely to be happy.

Hard libs are always looking for any sign of injustice to cry over and hard conservatives burst blood vessels every time Michelle Obama buys a new pair of shoes.

voice of reason.

Whenever people self-identify with a specific category, anything that falls outside that category rustles their jimmies. Also, people who self identify with a category tend to seek out things that don't fit their personal views, get mad, lash out (kindof gives them a sense of purpose, but it's complete phaggotry).