PDA

View Full Version : I've never been as sick of Sports-TV during an NFL season as this season.

Dave P
09-10-2014, 11:07 AM
It seems like everything has become "Sports-News" instead of "Sports-Talk".

Ray Rice beat his wife, lets talk about it.

Johnny Manziel, controversial, lets talk about it.

Clowney hurt himself, lets talk about it.

Joe Blow Stubbed his Toe, lets talk about it.

Goodell said this, said that, lets talk about it.

They spend almost zero time talking about actual football and almost all of their time talking about events in football. There is a vacuum of legitimate analysis, breakdowns, matchups, whats happening on the field....interesting actual FOOTBALL TALK.

WishmasterATM
09-10-2014, 11:08 AM
It seems like everything has become "Sports-News" instead of "Sports-Talk".

Ray Rice beat his wife, lets talk about it.

Johnny Manziel, controversial, lets talk about it.

Clowney hurt himself, lets talk about it.

Joe Blow Stubbed his Toe, lets talk about it.

Goodell said this, said that, lets talk about it.

They spend almost zero time talking about actual football and almost all of their time talking about events in football. There is a vacuum of legitimate analysis, breakdowns, interesting actual FOOTBALL TALK.

I feel like it has my world upside down.............................................. .........................like your display OW-PIE.

AgRyan
09-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I completely agree

More "lets talk about it" BS made up stories than actual stories about what is going on on the football field.

laxster
09-10-2014, 11:10 AM
I've stopped watching ESPN entirely, rather get my real football news online from sites that would rather discuss X's and O's than wife beaters and homos

AgRyan
09-10-2014, 11:12 AM
TFW Bleacher Report is a more reliable sports news source than ESPN

reverse79
09-10-2014, 11:12 AM
thats how the media generates viewers - people love drama and talking about it.

this wont be changing anytime soon

DeshaunWatson
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
What about Michael Sam?!!?!

hublife
09-10-2014, 11:14 AM
#MarkCubanWasRight

I agree 1000000000%

Problem is... Ray Rice KO'ing his wife has people who would never even THINK about football tuning in to see what happens next. It's literally become America's #1 reality show.

Fukking sucks.

ballieveryday
09-10-2014, 11:23 AM
I been following Bleacher Report and Deadspin. I see them post stories before ESPN gets them. ESPN is turning into Fox News.

rocketfish
09-10-2014, 11:35 AM
NFL just need to keep quiet about the ray rice situation, ignore all questions, don't let these media hypers keep bringing up the story.

Listening to ESPN Radio today, 80% ray rice situation, 20% floyd mayweather comments on ray rice.

waytoodeep03
09-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Drama draws ratings. Even manufactured Drama.

How many news storys on your local news are bout someone shot, robbed, house on fire, home invasion etc?

If it bleeds it leads.

It sucks the media has come to this but this is what everyone wants to see especially women

ditsy911
09-10-2014, 11:38 AM
ESPN going full HLN

chlaxman
09-10-2014, 11:39 AM
The worst part is sooooooo many people prefer it to actual game discussion. Hell even Sports Misc is that way. So it's only going to get worse.

So I stick to podcasts that actually talk about the games and a little about important issues because they have to, but only for like 5 min which is fine. I check out Football Outsiders, especially their DVOA stuff that comes out weekly.

rocketfish
09-10-2014, 11:42 AM
The worst part is sooooooo many people prefer it to actual game discussion. Hell even Sports Misc is that way. So it's only going to get worse.

So I stick to podcasts that actually talk about the games and a little about important issues because they have to, but only for like 5 min which is fine.

this, I can only listen to fantasy football podcasts because listening to first take, and a lot of other ESPN shows (numbers never lie, etc) is just ray rice, nfl messed up,

BUT WTF HAPPENED IN WEEK 1, WHATS THE INSIGHT ON MY TEAM, insight on other teams..?? NOPE NOTHING

chlaxman
09-10-2014, 11:44 AM
this, I can only listen to fantasy football podcasts because listening to first take, and a lot of other ESPN shows (numbers never lie, etc) is just ray rice, nfl messed up,

BUT WTF HAPPENED IN WEEK 1, WHATS THE INSIGHT ON MY TEAM, insight on other teams..?? NOPE NOTHING

Check out the Robert Mays and Bill Barnwell grantland podcasts. Pretty much only actual football talk. I'm not a Bill Simmons fan but the guess the lines podcast is also good, mostly.

jacklambert58
09-10-2014, 11:45 AM
There's not enough real content v. the 24 hour multi-chanel cycle.

Turning Point was when mtv stopped playing videos & went with "The Real World" type trash - turns out that that's what the people want & actually watch-trash.

evansanity
09-10-2014, 11:48 AM
ESPN is just TMZ but with sports. There are no good sport journalists left. ESPN is full of hacks.

knightofday
09-10-2014, 12:59 PM
I been following Bleacher Report and Deadspin. I see them post stories before ESPN gets them. ESPN is turning into Fox News.

Sooo much this

1800_Cool_Guy
09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I dont see what the problem is.

LikeAMachine
09-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I got rid of Cable 2 years ago for this exact reason...fukk ESPN

Mobraelite
09-10-2014, 01:06 PM
That's funny OP

Cause me and my mates were just talking about sports events

woody19
09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Was thinking about this earlier, the same thing happened to MTV. When it first started it was a crap ton of music videos or shows revolving around music videos, now its just garbage. Espn used to be decent, now its more and more drama/tmz crap.

Twerk4it
09-10-2014, 01:21 PM
ESPN's gotten really annoying trying to model themselves after TMZ