PDA

View Full Version : Down with The Man! Hold up, wait a sec...

RingDips
09-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Liberals have a lengthy and storied tradition in the United States of raging against The Man. The Man controls the means of production and uses said control to keep the workers oppressed. The Man sends kids to die on foreign soil for oil and power. The Man is classist, racist, sexist, and all the other -ists a tiny Tumblr mind can dredge up from the Thesaurus of Eternal Victimhood.

But when are liberals going to realize that they are The Man?

This isn't 1950 anymore, and the power-brokers aren't uptight patriarchal WASPs who want women in the kitchen, God in schools, and the urban poor beneath their heel.

This is 2014. The Man is a community organizer named Barack Obama. The Man is a Howard Zinn "history" text. The Man is a petty HR bureaucrat who fires you because you posted a mild political comment to Facebook. The Man has a sensitive turn of mind and has busied himself with the construction of coffer-draining social safety nets these past 50 years. The Man is a social justice warrior who abhors classism (except against the rich), racism (except against whites and high-achieving minorities like Asians and Indians), and sexism (except against men).

Are you a hippie sitting in a drum circle to protest police "brutality" in Ferguson, MO? You are The Man.

Are you a feminist in a grrl-power business suit working an air-conditioned office job and spending your free time advocating for more women in STEM fields? You are The Man.

Are you a white-guilt-afflicted college student apathetic about Affirmative Action, mass immigration, and the denigration of Western culture? You are The Man.

Liberals are The Man, only most of them don't fully realize it yet.

I say "fully" because there are signs that they're beginning to. Exhibit A: Gun Control.

Q: If The Man is an evil oppressor, why would we want to prevent ordinary citizens from defending themselves against this oppressor's abuses of power?

A: Because we are liberals and The Man is on our side.

Fortunately, Occupy Wall Street and similar movements indicate that most liberals do not yet understand that they are the footsoldiers of New America; that every single thing they say and do and believe would be greeted with a patronizing pat on the head and a "good boy" from anyone in this country with actual power.

If they ever, as a group, come to understand this . . . things will get very ****ing interesting very quickly.

RingDips
09-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Bump, because The Man is a fedora-wearing, cheeto-fingered neckbeard and everyone should know it.

GreatOldOne
09-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Bump, because The Man is a fedora-wearing, cheeto-fingered neckbeard and everyone should know it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SThhOm0qH5E/SviR8Ibq1lI/AAAAAAAABLQ/WvAyYBAug9M/s400/borg1.gif

RingDips
09-08-2014, 03:10 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SThhOm0qH5E/SviR8Ibq1lI/AAAAAAAABLQ/WvAyYBAug9M/s400/borg1.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/866a0bc60afc28ee3d832b9fe69b870e/tumblr_inline_naatf9X5mU1rmuf1h.gif

It really is worth remarking upon that, in this day and age, a true revolution can only come from the right.

Any leftover 60's radicals who've retained their worldview must feel as though they've won something of a hollow victory. Like Robert Baratheon, who seized the Iron Throne from the Mad King only to find that he enjoyed the act of rebelling far more than the act of ruling.

TheodorHerzl
09-08-2014, 03:16 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/866a0bc60afc28ee3d832b9fe69b870e/tumblr_inline_naatf9X5mU1rmuf1h.gif

It really is worth remarking upon that, in this day and age, a true revolution can only come from the right.

Any leftover 60's radicals who've retained their worldview must feel as though they've won something of a hollow victory. Like Robert Baratheon, who seized the Iron Throne from the Mad King only to find that he enjoyed the act of rebelling far more than the act of ruling.

I wouldn't be surprised if many pre-libtard leftists converted to the "far-righ".

We have a pretty famous one here in France (Alain Soral)

GreatOldOne
09-08-2014, 03:21 PM

I don't think there is any true revolution in our future.

http://warosu.org/data/lit/img/0044/93/1390379526088.gif

jacklambert58
09-08-2014, 03:23 PM
"The Man?" - what is this a cheesy 70's movie?

MangoPort
09-08-2014, 05:21 PM
This is a thread about nothing.

The audience you're trying to argue with isn't here.

RingDips
09-09-2014, 04:59 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if many pre-libtard leftists converted to the "far-righ".

We have a pretty famous one here in France (Alain Soral)

Not only that, but many young people who would have default to liberalism until ~35 in times past are now jumping ship the instant they get out of college and experience reality, if not sooner.

>90% of young men I know are illiberal.

I don't think there is any true revolution in our future.

http://warosu.org/data/lit/img/0044/93/1390379526088.gif

Really?

ISIS; Cold War-style tensions; Russia/Ukraine; the rise of nationalism and in Europe and the crumbling of the EU: all of these circumstances have lead or could easily lead to true revolution.

If you're referring solely to Burgerland, I agree that revolution is less likely here than it is just about anywhere else, because Americans are fat, stupid, fat, lazy, fat, widely dispersed over a huge landmass, and also fat. That said, this country is divided like never before, support for secession in a variety of regions remains high, and even docile Burgers are starting to chafe at the bit insofar as NSA and other Orwellian overreaches are concerned.

I expect to see major changes within my own lifetime.

"The Man?" - what is this a cheesy 70's movie?

If only our world made as much sense as a cheesy 70's movie.

This is a thread about nothing.

The audience you're trying to argue with isn't here.

There aren't many dyed-in-the-wool ideologues who think everyone to the right of John McCain should be lynched, no.

But there are some people in favor of tighter gun laws, and others who shill for mass immigration. (I'll grant you that basically no one on R/P of either gender is a feminist, so I'll leave that be.)

I just want those who champion the above-mentioned liberal causes to realize that they aren't revolutionaries or even dissidents. They are unpaid employees of the federal government. They are dogs who fetch and bark and sit on command in exchange for a treat, and this treat says "YOUR WORLDVIEW IS REPUBLICRAT APPROVED." They are the beetlelike men scurrying around the chambers of the Ministry of Love.

I could at least respect the far-left radicals of a time before mine. Alinsky, where art thou?

RedHorizons
09-09-2014, 05:13 AM
The Democrat/Republican dichotomy is a created dichotomy with the purpose of giving Americans the impression they are actually different and have opposing views when that's not the case.

D/R are two different heads of the same dragon.

Green Party is decent, Ron Paul says true things time to time but doesn't ever go 1 hunnit on the truth.

Independents are superior to democrats and republicans in terms of social awareness.

RingDips
09-09-2014, 05:33 AM
The Democrat/Republican dichotomy is a created dichotomy with the purpose of giving Americans the impression they are actually different and have opposing views when that's not the case.

Green Party is decent, Ron Paul says true things time to time but doesn't ever go 1 hunnit on the truth.

Independents are superior to democrats and republicans in terms of social awareness.

http://www.therooster.com/sites/default/files/userfiles/images/saysomethinginteresting.jpg

My only mention ITT of Demonrats or Retardicans was the reference to "Republicrat approved", which might have indicated to you that I'm not following the two-party playbook.

The true dichotomy is between liberals and non-liberals, and any observant person knows that there are more than enough of the former who wear the (R) label to go around.

Anondragon2012
09-09-2014, 07:31 AM

The thing is the original marxists tried to challenge that system in the West...But ended up joining "the man".
Today there is no true left wing because alot of society has disintegrated with immigration and so on.

Left wing today means being pro-immigration, pro-gay, pro-feminism, and other preposterous values, along with supporting the status quo in government.
Otherwise its not so different than being "centre right".

If you look at old school left wing parties, they were the opposite. Anti immigration, anti gay, anti feminism, etc.

In politics today nothing means what it means. Its all a ploy to confuse the common man and fck him more.

frankenstein78
09-09-2014, 07:40 AM
OP does have a point. When a large percent (sometimes large majority) of the populace demands a person be stripped of their livelihood for a couple of remarks they make, "the man" is Political Correctness, not a small group of wealthy or powerful bureaucrats. "The Man" is the zero tolerance policy toward a laundry list of behaviors in public schools, causing awful results. "The Man" is the movement of college campuses being against free speech. "The Man" is the movement where sex on college campuses practically needs a signed contract before penetration. "The Man" is people pretending like a Ghostbusters film remake with all female Ghostbusters isn't sucking up to women.

"The Man" cares about appearances more than results. Compare incoming college freshman to college graduates to see what I mean. Lowering standards for police and firefighters is another example. The changing of the authoritarian guard is merely a different brand.

The good news - I think we've already reached the apex, and are at or past it. I proudly say the slow down of creeping authoritarianism with a different face is due to the influence of libertarian thought. With little chance of serious political office holding (due to entrenched powers that be), nonetheless the philosophy has made some serious strides. I mentioned schooling and that is a good example. School choice is becoming far more widespread. Job unions who swung the pendulum too far, have gained nothing in recent years. Alternative (mostly digital) currencies appearing and not being shut down immediately are a sign of more libertarian thought. Having Democrat politicians who are now in favor of raising the Social Security age (unheard of in years past) is a sign of libertarian influence. The inability to effectively sell Americans a new war is partially due to libertarian influence.

GreatOldOne
09-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Really?

ISIS; Cold War-style tensions; Russia/Ukraine; the rise of nationalism and in Europe and the crumbling of the EU: all of these circumstances have lead or could easily lead to true revolution.

If you're referring solely to Burgerland, I agree that revolution is less likely here than it is just about anywhere else, because Americans are fat, stupid, fat, lazy, fat, widely dispersed over a huge landmass, and also fat. That said, this country is divided like never before, support for secession in a variety of regions remains high, and even docile Burgers are starting to chafe at the bit insofar as NSA and other Orwellian overreaches are concerned.

I expect to see major changes within my own lifetime.

I was just thinking about USA. I certainly expect to see changes in our lifetimes, but think they are most likely going to be orderly. I don't think any hope of secession is realistic. One of the biggest changes we're likely to see IMO is a lot more people speaking Spanish. That's going to be something people are going to be upset by...people instinctively see language change as threatening, because if you don't speak it you no longer have access to whatever information is being discussed in your presence. That's one of the reason both of my kids are already fluent in Spanish. They'll be better prepared.

I fully expect a gradual change to a more Orwellian system. Borg-like assimilation is inevitable.

...unless we go truly broke first, lol. Then you'll get your revolution.

brighamw
09-09-2014, 08:40 PM
If I'm the man, than you're the
man and he's the man as well...

RingDips
09-10-2014, 05:51 AM
"The Man" cares about appearances more than results.

Your whole post was good, but this was the most important part. In 1984, the quarterly figures always boasted an astronomical rate of boot production--yet half the population walked around shoeless. The Man does not simply privilege the pretense of productivity/harmony/order over their actual presence; he prefers when those things aren't actually there.

I was just thinking about USA. I certainly expect to see changes in our lifetimes, but think they are most likely going to be orderly. I don't think any hope of secession is realistic. One of the biggest changes we're likely to see IMO is a lot more people speaking Spanish. That's going to be something people are going to be upset by...people instinctively see language change as threatening, because if you don't speak it you no longer have access to whatever information is being discussed in your presence. That's one of the reason both of my kids are already fluent in Spanish. They'll be better prepared.

That instinct is a healthy one IMO. There are so many beautiful and fascinating languages that are either dead or on the cusp of death, and here in the Information Age the callow attempts at preserving them are likely to be too little, too late.

I fully expect a gradual change to a more Orwellian system. Borg-like assimilation is inevitable.

This should terrify you. Why doesn't it?

...unless we go truly broke first, lol. Then you'll get your revolution.

I do agree that the bottom will have to fall out of the economy for any drastic change to take place here in the USA--but I think much of the rest of the world is in for some very interesting times over the next decade or two.

I still don't see any real downsides to secession, though. The political divides in this country are insurmountable. Two men harnessed to a fallen tree and trying to pull it in different directions end up exhausting themselves while going nowhere--unless one is stronger, in which case his progress is snail-like, impeded by the other's resistance and also having to drag that man's weight along with the rest.

What the men should do is cut the tree in two and each go his own way with his own share.

ONtop888
09-10-2014, 06:14 AM
If I'm the man, than you're the
man and he's the man as well...

So point that ^#^^{* finger up yer azzzzzz.