PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on sim bhullar?

eat_sleep_lift
09-03-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm a Sikh guy but live in a country where soccer is the national sport so I grew up playing that my entire life. Recently heard about this 21 year old kid who is apparently 7'5 and got selected for the NBA. I mean is this guy good? Can he actually play? Or is he just a marketing strategy?

RAdaRuggedMan
09-03-2014, 07:03 AM
Saw him and his young brother at an AAU tournament 4 years ago. Tallest people I've ever seen. At the same time, one of the worst conditioned basketball players I've ever seen too.

The amount of running between a college and NBA game is incredible, I honestly struggle to see how he could even be a rotational bench player with his size and stamina.

srom12
09-03-2014, 07:45 AM
he looks like he eats pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner

strong conditioning

if he dropped some weight he could be decent but who knows

eat_sleep_lift
09-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Saw him and his young brother at an AAU tournament 4 years ago. Tallest people I've ever seen. At the same time, one of the worst conditioned basketball players I've ever seen too.

The amount of running between a college and NBA game is incredible, I honestly struggle to see how he could even be a rotational bench player with his size and stamina.

No doubt he had a phenomenal height, but the dude has the body of your average punjabi bloke lol, skinny fat with cankles. Idk if he could hold up in the NBA.

pedobearu_aware
09-03-2014, 08:45 AM
He sucks.

eat_sleep_lift
09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
He sucks.
Could u elaborate?

pedobearu_aware
09-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Could u elaborate?
He is not good at basketball. He is just tall. Not sure what else there is to say.

RAdaRuggedMan
09-03-2014, 09:03 AM
A final thought. Bhullar makes you really appreciate the GOATness of Yao Ming.

eat_sleep_lift
09-03-2014, 09:10 AM
A final thought. Bhullar makes you really appreciate the GOATness of Yao Ming.
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Yao is huge where I live, there is a huge population of Chinese ppl here. See them wearing those "linsanity" tees everyday.

amikaelmorris
09-03-2014, 09:19 AM
dudes a decent rebounder(because he's freakishly tall)
immovable on the post(because he's fat as fuk)
has kind of soft hands(because he's taking his shots from 6" from the rim)

apparently he lost a ton of weight for the summer league so who knows what his game is like now.. i just can't see him being an nba player

aside from the whole "the kings owner is an indian guy" thing..

Jattz
09-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Whatever you say brah, but you're not a Sikh. GTFO here with your chit making topics about Sikhs and Punjabis. You dun goofed

WRXbrah
09-03-2014, 02:31 PM
tere ma di, what the **** does that have to do with sim bhullar? keep religious stuff in the religion section.

jvinci
09-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Kings fan here:

1. His size alone gives him a shot to be an NBA player
2. We technically "signed" him to the team, but it'll be just for training camp. He will be sent to the Reno Bighorns (D League) for all of next season to basically just lose weight and get in shape.
3. He does have a natural soft touch and decent (if not morbidly slow) post game. He's a natural playing with his back to the basket.
4. Us signing him is absolutely tied to our owner being Indian and wanting to expand basketball in his county. He just went on a big Indian marketing campaign kind of deal.

It's really up to him if he makes it in the NBA. He weighed in at fukkin 360 lbs. He needs to probably get under 300 lbs to even have a chance.

Jattz
09-03-2014, 04:22 PM
tere ma di, what the **** does that have to do with sim bhullar? keep religious stuff in the religion section.
Salaya he's not even Sikh though. He's making these bait topics.

Was carrying on from another thread that got deleted because he was spreading lies and acting like a Sikh to make himself seem authoritative. I edited my post either way salaya

outfoxxed
09-03-2014, 04:35 PM
i fukking hate phaggots who like a player just cause of his race. asians for yao ming and lin, indians for this dude.

smallbonesjones
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Hes big but lacks power

Jattz
09-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah he's big but lacks power indeed ^. He also needs to really lose a lot of weight and lean out, but I hope he does well.

Being that tall and big can be pretty taxing on his knees. Hopefully he trains well and gets explosive and lean.

nvrstopworking
09-03-2014, 05:01 PM
closer to 250lb more like. dude has scary potential though. an in shape semi athletic guy who is 6 inches taller than the average center? just needs to get in shape.

7'5" 250lbs?? notsureifsrs..... Yao floated around 300lbs and was in proportion for his height. 250 isn't enough mass for that frame.

Jattz
09-03-2014, 05:09 PM
7'5" 250lbs?? notsureifsrs..... Yao floated around 300lbs and was in proportion for his height. 250 isn't enough mass for that frame.\
He's not 250 lbs lmfao, he's 355 lbs. He needs to lose at least 70 pounds imo.

WRXbrah
09-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Theres no way hes over 300 pounds now. He put in a lot of work this summer on his shot and his cardio/weight loss. That said, I doubt he's ever going to play in a real NBA game.

Jattz
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Theres no way hes over 300 pounds now. He put in a lot of work this summer on his shot and his cardio/weight loss. That said, I doubt he's ever going to play in a real NBA game.
That's good to hear. Follow the dude on twitter he's been saying he has been putting in a lot of work and conditioning, but still has a long way to go. Not sure what would motivate a person if a contract in the NBA wouldnt haha. He's gonna make it. Scratch that, he made it.

eat_sleep_lift
09-03-2014, 10:35 PM
That's good to hear. Follow the dude on twitter he's been saying he has been putting in a lot of work and conditioning, but still has a long way to go. Not sure what would motivate a person if a contract in the NBA wouldnt haha. He's gonna make it. Scratch that, he made it.
I don't hate sikh people or anything lol, I am a sikh(kamalpura pind near Jagraon, cheema) and I have been to my village etc. I know a ton of cool sikh ppl. But just the majority tt I have met have been a bunch of phaggots. No need to thread hijack to get your point across. Next time ill report you.

On topic anyway, I think they picked him simply based on his race. I mean there's bound to be a ton more pakis/middle easterners or even Filipinos living in America his size who can play better. IMHO he is just a marketing strategy.

brainmuncher
09-03-2014, 10:43 PM
i fukking hate phaggots who like a player just cause of his race. asians for yao ming and lin, indians for this dude.

nah lin and yao are good

TSam415
09-03-2014, 11:03 PM
I only watched him play one game and it was incredibly obvious he wasn't an nba prospect. He's just too fat/slow. He wasn't in good enough shape to play for more than 5 minutes at a time and he never left the paint defensively. If the man he was guarding went out to set a ball screen a different player would have to switch on to his man because he was far too slow to contain the ball handler. He'd be absolutely unplayable at the nba level. He'd legitimately be the worst pick and roll defender of all time.

Mulyark
09-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Seen him play for Aggies. Too slow and just camps out under the hoop. Went straight to NBA b/c his joints may only last another 2-3 years.