PDA

View Full Version : Overweight & Fatty liver - Cutting

vlmonrroy
08-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey guys,

I have been losing weight on and off for the last couple of years but now sh*t got real because I have fatty liver that isn't getting any better, so I dediced to get serious and get shredded. How long does it take generally for you to lose fat from your liver?

I need some help with my diet, suggestions or comments in general.

Stats:
Iím 5í11, 239.2 lbs (after dropping from 267 In 2 months) and I estimate around 30% body fat, 24 years old. I have been losing aprox. 2.5 lbs a week so far and haven't yet gotten into a gym routine although I plan to in the coming weeks, as I know I will have sagging skin. I am doing running 4x a week for 30 minutes.

So I calculated the following:

BMR=2010.50488 *1.3=2,613.67 (maintenance)
Cut= 2,613.67 *.2 = 2090.93 (cut @ 20%)

Based on this, although Iím not hitting my caloric requirements, here is my meal plan. Please let me know if I need to adjust or incorporate anything.

Meal 1: Pre-Cardio (4 x week)

Toasted Bread Double Fiber Wheat, 1 slice
Nuts 'n More - Almond Butter, 1 Tbsp

Meal 2: Breakfast

Bananas - Raw, 107 g
Hard Boiled - Egg Whites, 3 egg 35g (I use egg whites because I honostely can't stand the taste of the yolk.)
Costco Coaches Oats - Oatmeal, 1/3 cup
Grapefruit - 1 Whole Medium Grapefruit, 1 whole raw

Meal 3: Snack

Land O Frost - Premium Oven Roasted Turkey Breast (Correct), 85.05 g
Bimbo Bread Double Fiber Wheat, 2 slice

Meal 4: Lunch

Rice - Brown (Mahatma), 1 cup cooked
Raw - Chicken (Breast), 141 g
Sweet potato - Cooked, baked in skin, without salt, 21 g
Generic Fresh Asparragus - Steamed Asparragus, 117 gr

Meal 5: Snack

Kirkland Signature (Costco - Almonds, 15 almonds
Dannon Light N Fit - Greek Yogurt - Peach, 5.3 oz
Muscle Pharm - Combat Powder - Orange Creamsicle, 1 scoop (34g)

Meal 6: Dinner

Fresh Vegetables - Broccoli, Steamed, 1 cup - 87 g
Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 141 g
Homemade - Sweet Potato Mash - Nothing Added, 85.05 g

Totals: 1,849 cals.
Carbs: 207g
Fat: 50g
Protein: 159g
Sodium: 1,899 mg
Sugar: 55g

Connor1226
08-27-2014, 12:46 PM
That is something I would work with your doctor on.
There are many causes of non-alcoholic fatter liver disease, and the treatment can depend on the cause.

I would work with a good physician on setting up a diet plan that suits your needs.

vlmonrroy
08-27-2014, 12:55 PM
That is something I would work with your doctor on.
There are many causes of non-alcoholic fatter liver disease, and the treatment can depend on the cause.

I would work with a good physician on setting up a diet plan that suits your needs.

I know that I should be getting a diet plan from a doctor, however I live in Panama, and the doctors just tell me to lose weight but never specify a diet, and let's just say it's not one of the best health care systems in the world.

AAOBob
08-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Read the nutrition stickies at the top of this board. Its what they are for.

STT816
08-27-2014, 01:09 PM
Read the nutrition stickies at the top of this board. Its what they are for.

this of course you should not listen to. The sticky is for healthy individuals. Talk to a doctor or a registered dietician to figure out a good diet for you.

vlmonrroy
08-27-2014, 02:00 PM
this of course you should not listen to. The sticky is for healthy individuals. Talk to a doctor or a registered dietician to figure out a good diet for you.

The problem is that the doctor doesn't see a need for alarm for me to go under drastic measures for my liver. It's non-alcoholic fatty liver and I was just told by losing weight, it would eventually resolve itself. Nutritionists that I've been to here in Panama are absolutely clueless and I've learned more from reading these forums than I have from them.

That being said, is the current diet that I am doing fine? Is it missing anything? Should I add anything else, disregarding the fatty liver?

Connor1226
08-27-2014, 02:12 PM
I AM NOT AN EXPERT OR PHYSICIAN

It sounds like your NAFLD is likely caused by a poor diet and/or being over weight. Doesn't sound like they are telling you it's genetic or related to some other illness. It's important to rule those two things out. Especially the latter.

I would do some research on your own about the condition and diets to help treat it. There are plenty of resources out there. I just searched "fatty liver diets".
A lot of times fatty liver is paired with being overweight/obese and being pre-diabetic. Did your doctors talk to you at all about that?

One thing I can confidently tell you not to do is drink alcohol. Cut it out.

Also, did your doctor specifically use the term fatty liver disease? Or did he just say fatty liver?

vlmonrroy
08-27-2014, 02:29 PM
I AM NOT AN EXPERT OR PHYSICIAN

It sounds like your NAFLD is likely caused by a poor diet and/or being over weight. Doesn't sound like they are telling you it's genetic or related to some other illness. It's important to rule those two things out. Especially the latter.

I would do some research on your own about the condition and diets to help treat it. There are plenty of resources out there. I just searched "fatty liver diets".
A lot of times fatty liver is paired with being overweight/obese and being pre-diabetic. Did your doctors talk to you at all about that?

One thing I can confidently tell you not to do is drink alcohol. Cut it out.

Also, did your doctor specifically use the term fatty liver disease? Or did he just say fatty liver?

Correct. It's not genetic or other illness. ALT and AST results are fine, meaning that the liver is not inflammated. Aslo, no diabetes.

They didn't say fatter liver disease. Just Fatty liver. I have a little extra fat than normal but it's not linked to anything else and is a cause to poor diet.

When I did live in Miami and went to the doctor there, after the ultra-sound, was not worried whatsoever and just told me to lose weight. Which is why I calculated my maintenance and tried to come up with a diet.