PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO @ VMAs going political/feminist with Obama's political pawn Beyonce

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/65070604f9831f658aee0906b24b26f2/tumblr_nauf6dTWTY1qz581wo1_1280.jpg

http://thefederalist.com/2014/08/25/beyonces-vma-feminist-claim-is-hilarious/

Yep, Beyonce, you sure show those perverted, misogynistic pigs that women are more than candy for the eyes.

LMFAO

Seriously disgusting how polluted the media, entertainment, and just about every thing else has become indoctrinated with this far-left propaganda.

Oh, and I love how her baby is a celebrity that we are all supposed to admire as well?

"Katy Perry didn’t even attempt to keep her cool, tweeting, “OMG BLUE IVY JUST PERSONALLY WAVED AT ME. MY LIFE IS OVER.”

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/katy-perry-taylor-swift-kelly-clarkson-tweet-blue-ivy-mtv-vmas-2014258

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014520/rs_600x600-140620164938-600.katy-perry.cm.62014.jpg

http://content.hollywire.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/katy-perry-obama-dress-fundraiser-concert.jpg?itok=RiOm3ol9
http://cdn.idolator.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/04/katy-perry-obama-forward-dress-600x450.jpg
http://thehotzoneusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/katy-perry-obama-dress-mtv-ema-2008.jpg
http://cdn.straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Beyonce-Jay-Z-Obama-Fundraiser-7.jpg

:rolleyes:

LMFAO

Dave22reborn
08-25-2014, 04:07 PM
What is up with you and celebrities?

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
What is up with you and celebrities?

What is up with celebrities becoming political?

wings_unhinged
08-25-2014, 04:24 PM
u kno barry hit that

therightfulking
08-25-2014, 05:02 PM
rich liberals

that's phucking adorable

step 1: give away all your money
step 2: reclaim liberal status

Renegade83
08-25-2014, 05:04 PM
It's always funny to see stevo get rustled by beyonce and jay z.

Apeus
08-25-2014, 05:47 PM

Yes, what a new and crazy thing...

CitizenVagrant
08-25-2014, 06:01 PM

Been happening for a while. Whether celebs want to be in politics or they get dragged in, there's always been a connection between Hollywood and the White House, and it hasn't always been a good relationship.

I mean just look at the Hollywood Blacklist and HUAC stuff.

Ge_Tech
08-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Free speech is a great thing as long as you agree with it.

badreligion
08-25-2014, 06:19 PM
People still watch and/or care about the "VMAs" ? Who cares

Lakersbake
08-25-2014, 06:28 PM

Impressionable children and youths.

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 06:41 PM
Yes, what a new and crazy thing...

Sorry troll - I was responding to the other troll with his stupid comment. Apparently celebrities who vouch for political ideas or individuals should be off limits from criticism?

LMFAO

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Free speech is a great thing as long as you agree with it.

Is someone saying she shouldn't have free speech, straight ticket? Or is the OP merely pointing out hypocrisy and how ridiculous these celebs are?

BRB multi-millionaires wearing gold chains advocating for the poor.

LMFAO

HELIX35
08-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Did you, as a grown man, watch the VMA's?

Now that calls for a legitimate LMAO

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Did you, as a grown man, watch the VMA's?

Now that calls for a legitimate LMAO

No, Oblamea's water boy, I didn't. I did see this plastered all over CNN - who decided to take a break from putting out 50 articles a day regarding Michael Brown.

LMFAO

HELIX35
08-25-2014, 07:36 PM
No, Oblamea's water boy, I didn't. I did see this plastered all over CNN - who decided to take a break from putting out 50 articles a day regarding Michael Brown.

LMFAO

Keep up that strong denial papparazzi lover

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Keep up that strong denial papparazzi lover

So "celebs" who advocate political positions should be immune from criticism, straight ticket?

TheBi5ds
08-25-2014, 07:42 PM
So famous people can't have political leanings? Scubamoron delivers again

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM

They are absolutely free to have, and be criticized for, their political opinions.

TheBi5ds
08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
They are absolutely free to have, and be criticized for, their political opinions.

Great, so now what?

ScubaStevo
08-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Great, so now what?

I am criticizing them.

HELIX35
08-25-2014, 08:21 PM

Once you realize it's just a mod troll account things make sense

It's amusing to **** with it and watch it dance, but that's about it

Dave22reborn
08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Impressionable children and youths.

Yeah...what's with kids these days...back in my day...

badreligion
08-25-2014, 09:10 PM
On a side note , I would wreck Katy Perry .

ClaudeGiroux
08-25-2014, 09:12 PM
i am disgust

Lakersbake
08-25-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah...what's with kids these days...back in my day...

Not sure what your point is. Back in my day there wasnt a feminist and political agenda at VMA.

3stripes
08-26-2014, 12:14 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/lynyrd-skynyrd-republican-national-convention-2012-mitt-romney_n_1609690.html

TheIronAsylum
08-26-2014, 12:16 AM
said same schit its hugely feminist and every pop singer now i a female power hungry lesbian it seems like

HumptyBrah
08-26-2014, 12:29 AM
Didn't even know the VMAs still happened

Forty0zFreedom
08-26-2014, 07:06 AM
lol at everyone brushing off celebrities being political. Most people, especially people that follow this kind of thing, don't give a sht about news or politics. They literally only get what celebrities/pop-culture tells them. And then they "rock the vote".

But its ok, just a bunch of dumb celebs we shouldn't pay attention to. Let's just talk with ourselves.

NateTheGood
08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
LOL at the responses to this thread. "Why do you hate free speech?" "It's always been this way derp"

Nobody's saying the celebrities are breaking the law by voicing their political views. They're just pointing out that award shows, sports, kids shows, etc. used to be an escape from political discussion whereas now they are a shameless tool to shill the political views of the people running them. I turn on Sunday Night Football to watch football and instead get a lecture on gun control. I turn on the music awards to see X perform and instead get bombarded with political advertising. There was a time when most forms of entertainment left their political views at home.

It's not illegal. But that doesn't make it right.

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Not sure what your point is. Back in my day there wasnt a feminist and political agenda at VMA.

Wow, you must be really old then...

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 07:51 AM
LOL at the responses to this thread. "Why do you hate free speech?" "It's always been this way derp"

Nobody's saying the celebrities are breaking the law by voicing their political views. They're just pointing out that award shows, sports, kids shows, etc. used to be an escape from political discussion whereas now they are a shameless tool to shill the political views of the people running them. I turn on Sunday Night Football to watch football and instead get a lecture on gun control. I turn on the music awards to see X perform and instead get bombarded with political advertising. There was a time when most forms of entertainment left their political views at home.

It's not illegal. But that doesn't make it right.

Then don't watch it, haven't watched the VMAs in years. If i hear there's a good performance, I'll watch it on YouTube.

Lakersbake
08-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Wow, you must be really old then...

Now is your chance to post VMA shows with political garbage in them from the late 90s and totally own me.

I'll wait.

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 08:37 AM
Now is your chance to post VMA shows with political garbage in them from the late 90s and totally own me.

I'll wait.

Guess you forgot about the beastie boys.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1FT-zXtDw

NiceBoat
08-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Yep, Beyonce, you sure show those perverted, misogynistic pigs that women are more than candy for the eyes.

LMFAO

Seriously disgusting how polluted the media, entertainment, and just about every thing else has become indoctrinated with this far-left propaganda.

Oh, and I love how her baby is a celebrity that we are all supposed to admire as well?

"Katy Perry didn’t even attempt to keep her cool, tweeting, “OMG BLUE IVY JUST PERSONALLY WAVED AT ME. MY LIFE IS OVER.”

:rolleyes:

LMFAO

I know you're upset you cant fuk jay z but its okay dude, some day maybe you can find an attractive successful black man who will treat you the way you feel you deserve. Until then be happy for Beyonce okay?

RIKTER
08-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Read something along the lines that when katey perry performed for Obama, etc and her parents wanted to come watch, meet him, etc and she wouldn't let them because they didn't vote for him hahahaha what a unt

Ponk
08-26-2014, 11:22 AM
All the world's a stage. The entertainment industry and celebrities are used to plant all sorts of crap agendas into the minds of the youth because of the influence they hold. However, most 'stars' are clueless about the origins and implications of the ideologies that their handlers tell them espouse. They're just human puppets.

CuriousGM
08-26-2014, 12:17 PM

Why can't they become political? They're a citizen the same as you, they just have a much better platform and audience.

BruceBruce325
08-26-2014, 12:17 PM
what's scary is how people will do what celebs tell them to... or do exactly as they do

BruceBruce325
08-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Why can't they become political? They're a citizen the same as you, they just have a much better platform and audience.

some bands, once they become political, end up falling off

a good example of this would be Incubus and their album Crow Left of Murder

once that dropped people dropped them

CuriousGM
08-26-2014, 12:24 PM
some bands, once they become political, end up falling off

a good example of this would be Incubus and their album Crow Left of Murder

once that dropped people dropped them

How their political leanings effect their careers doesn't really seem pertinent in regards to the original question.

Scuba is acting as if he somehow became relevant to millions of people he wouldn't try and spread his own beliefs, which is nonsense.

BruceBruce325
08-26-2014, 12:27 PM
How their political leanings effect their careers doesn't really seem pertinent in regards to the original question.

Scuba is acting as if he somehow became relevant to millions of people he wouldn't try and spread his own beliefs, which is nonsense.

it's not like they can't have opinions... they absolutely can... but when they start to explain why they like them and why you should and if you don't you're an awful person.. people get turned off by that.

i'm old school. i like my entertainers to entertain and keep all the other garbage away from me.

elvis presley said it best... i'm an entertainer and i'm here to entertain. that's it.

that was his response to a political question back in the day.

NiceBoat
08-26-2014, 12:31 PM

I am sure it was okay when Heston spoke politically, or Mel Gibson, or Clint Eastwood, or Gene Simmons, or Chuck Norris, or Bruce Willis, or Pat Sajak, or Kid Rock. I am sure when they talk about their politics it was fine, never hear an issue when they speak about celebrities becoming political, but the second someone they disagree with and is a celeb starts giving their opinion they clearly know nothing and need to stick to making movies or whatever.

BruceBruce325
08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
I am sure it was okay when Heston spoke politically, or Mel Gibson, or Clint Eastwood, or Gene Simmons, or Chuck Norris, or Bruce Willis, or Pat Sajak, or Kid Rock. I am sure when they talk about their politics it was fine, never hear an issue when they speak about celebrities becoming political, but the second someone they disagree with and is a celeb starts giving their opinion they clearly know nothing and need to stick to making movies or whatever.

lets be honest... conservative ators/actresses RARELY if ever get air time.

The only reason Heston got it was because he was president of the NRA.......Clint got it because he looked like a crazy person at the GOP convention... the other celebrities are closet Repubs and you rarely hear about their politics

Posthardcore
08-26-2014, 12:52 PM
If you liked it shoulda put a ring on it OP

NiceBoat
08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
lets be honest... conservative ators/actresses RARELY if ever get air time.

The only reason Heston got it was because he was president of the NRA.......Clint got it because he looked like a crazy person at the GOP convention... the other celebrities are closet Repubs and you rarely hear about their politics

Clint does, Gibson does or used to, Norris makes ads for the republicans, Gene Simmons is quoted by rock magazines and stuff like the rolling stone magazine, same with kid rock, pretty sure OP made a post about a Sajak tweet, it was at least known enough to get posted. Willis I haven't seen much of, but when he does say something people here seem to care.

ScubaStevo
08-26-2014, 01:57 PM

LMFAO

If they were interested in spreading their beliefs, they would donate every dime they earn in excess of 50k to the Federal Government

LMFAO

Lakersbake
08-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Guess you forgot about the beastie boys.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1FT-zXtDw

That was one individual speaking out, not the actual show portaying something like "Feminist" on the main stage. It actually wasnt even a politcal message, all he said is we shouldnt initiate violence against people.

SighGR
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
That was one individual speaking out, not the actual show portaying something like "Feminist" on the main stage. It actually wasnt even a politcal message, all he said is we shouldnt initiate violence against people.
The show didn't put Feminist on the stage, it was part of Beyonce's act.

And how is what he said not political? It directly criticized the USA's military response to the Middle East.

Lakersbake
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
The show didn't put Feminist on the stage, it was part of Beyonce's act.

And how is what he said not political? It directly criticized the USA's military response to the Middle East.

So mtv had no idea beyonce would be putting that up?

And all MCA did was say that we shouldnt attack people.

ToPHeR35
08-26-2014, 02:27 PM

Even if you didn't watch the VMAs, you still have to because the news channels make a big deal about them the following day...It's like nothing else went on in the world worth actually reporting about other than what happened last night at the VMAs...

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 02:27 PM

That was just one example, you don't think that rage against the machine never said anything political at the VMAs during the 90s?

Lakersbake
08-26-2014, 02:28 PM
That was just one example, you don't think that rage against the machine never said anything political at the VMAs during the 90s?

My point is that the show itself wasnt politcal. RATM didnt have some marxist message up on the wall during their set did they?

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Even if you didn't watch the VMAs, you still have to because the news channels make a big deal about them the following day...It's like nothing else went on in the world worth actually reporting about other than what happened last night at the VMAs...

So it gets a couple of minutes on the news the next day.

ScubaStevo
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM

IBench5Pounds
08-26-2014, 02:31 PM
If you were a Romney supporter with* as much following as these celebs you'd do the same. Nikki Minaj supported Romney in one of her tracks, it's because these people (as retarded as it may be) have influence. Deal with it.

EDIT: As for the Beyonce thing it's all a marketing plow. Her public image is a fierce, independent woman who is strong yadda yadaa. It's what makes her popular. IMO that had nothing to do with politics, just her trying to market herself further. Why do you think she's keeping hush about Jay-z hitting up some other sugary walls?

ToPHeR35
08-26-2014, 02:32 PM

notsureifsrs.jpg

It would be nice if they only gave it "a couple of minutes"...

ToPHeR35
08-26-2014, 02:35 PM
If you were a Romney supporter with* as much following as these celebs you'd do the same. Nikki Minaj supported Romney in one of her tracks, it's because these people (as retarded as it may be) have influence. Deal with it.
No, Nicki Minaj Did Not Endorse Mitt Romney

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/no-nicki-minaj-did-not-endorse-mitt-romney/

IBench5Pounds
08-26-2014, 02:39 PM
No, Nicki Minaj Did Not Endorse Mitt Romney

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/10/no-nicki-minaj-did-not-endorse-mitt-romney/

lol vague as fuk. She got slated for it cause it ends up her fanbase is more democrat and had to try and turn it to sarcasm. Have you heard the track? There's no sarcasm hinted at it at all. And who cares? Should be able to say whatever the **** she wants without being slated for it. But hey what can I say?

Dave22reborn
08-26-2014, 02:44 PM
My point is that the show itself wasnt politcal. RATM didnt have some marxist message up on the wall during their set did they?

Can't really remember, all they had during the 90s was a stage. I would then record it, and watch the live performances by the band's that I liked. I believe Marilyn Manson was on twice, but was banned for showing his ass.

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
"Big Brother isn't watching. He's singing and dancing. He's pulling rabbits out of a hat. Big Brother’s busy holding your attention every moment you're awake. He's making sure you're always distracted. He's making sure you're fully absorbed. He's making sure your imagination withers. Until it's as useful as your appendix. He's making sure your attention is always filled. And this being fed, it's worse than being watched. With the world always filling you, no one has to worry about what's in your mind. With everyone's imagination atrophied, no one will ever be a threat to the world."

NiceBoat
08-26-2014, 02:59 PM

No, just every song they have ever done has had a marxist message and they were invited either despite that or because of it.

AestheticNoz
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Couldn't give a chit what wooden little bitches like Beyoncé, Katy Perry or Nicki Minaj support. They only serve two purposes, one to entertain idiotic little girls and two, to provide teenage boys who have security locks on their computers with adequate images to jack off to.

Let me know when these girls actually do something worthwhile IE perform naked (come on Perry it's been 4 fuking albums get em out already) and I'll pay attention.

CuriousGM
08-26-2014, 06:26 PM
LMFAO

If they were interested in spreading their beliefs, they would donate every dime they earn in excess of 50k to the Federal Government

LMFAO

Or you know, they would do it in the exact way they've done it. Which is obviously effective because you felt the need to make this thread.

ScubaStevo
08-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Or you know, they would do it in the exact way they've done it. Which is obviously effective because you felt the need to make this thread.

Do as I say, not as I do, right???

ll ReNeGaDe ll
08-26-2014, 08:58 PM
If you're mad that celebrities who young people think are "cool" or whatever like and support Obama, maybe you should ask yourself why the batshyt crazy Republicans can't seem to attract them. It must be because everyone is a welfare abusing leach who can't appreciate real American values amirite?