PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting organised with nutrition

jerelmchi9jm6
08-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey, been reading some of the threads and there are tons of information, but I have a particular question.. I have always been very thin and I did manage to put some weight on in the past but under different circumstances.

Recently I moved to another country and started my new job here, and being quite young I still lack much life skills. I can feed myself to stay alive and be reasonably healthy, but I am having major trouble planning out how much of what to eat. I naturally do not have a big appetite.

As somebody who works a 9-5 job every weekday, what do you all do to prepare things? Do you simply cook EVERYTHING the sunday before, and freeze the things? For breakfast people are boiling eggs and making pancakes..how much sleep do they get? What are some things that people that don't like to spend a long time preparing make?

I bought a kitchen scale recently so I could at least start tracking how much I am eating. I want to make gaining muscle a priority, but I am wasting my time and money in the gym because I can't figure out the balance for getting the right nutrients for muscle repair. Any help/links would really be appreciated.

cumminslifter
08-23-2014, 08:23 PM
what your tdee and macros?
just eat food you enjoy while meeting macro and micro sufficiency

pch340
08-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Yea it's all about learning to make simple meals you enjoy...especially in your case since you're bulking, it's really not that hard.

You mentioned pancakes/eggs for breakfast...night before, mix some Bisquick with milk/water, throw in fridge, next morning make one giant pancake in a large skillet (faster than making like 5 small ones, idk why people do that ****)...same for eggs, can boil them at the beginning of the week and leave in the fridge.

Too much work? ok, peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat toast with 2 cups of milk, macros: 970 calories, 40g protein, and I don't track fat

Grilled chicken you can season and make at the beginning of the week and heat up a few small pieces at a time. Invest in a rice cooker...

It's easy **** man, you got this

jerelmchi9jm6
08-24-2014, 06:28 AM
Yea it's all about learning to make simple meals you enjoy...especially in your case since you're bulking, it's really not that hard.

You mentioned pancakes/eggs for breakfast...night before, mix some Bisquick with milk/water, throw in fridge, next morning make one giant pancake in a large skillet (faster than making like 5 small ones, idk why people do that ****)...same for eggs, can boil them at the beginning of the week and leave in the fridge.

Too much work? ok, peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat toast with 2 cups of milk, macros: 970 calories, 40g protein, and I don't track fat

Grilled chicken you can season and make at the beginning of the week and heat up a few small pieces at a time. Invest in a rice cooker...

It's easy **** man, you got this

How much toast and pb is that? haha

I started using the slow cooker, but there are loadss of low calorie recipes, when I actually need the opposite. Anybody know any decent resources for high calorie high protein recipes? Cheers