PDA

View Full Version : is 2100 calories low for a teenager? (CUTTING)

vuhsace
08-22-2014, 06:07 PM
16 yrs old, 191 pounds, 20%bf, 5'8, goal: cutting

Fats - 58g

Carbs - 207g

Protein - 184g

been doing this for about 2 weeks and feel pretty good no sign of tiredness..

ROUTINE

1.Chest/Tricep + cardio (100-200 calories)
2.Back/Bicep + abs and 10 min in sauna
3.Legs/Shoulders (NO CARDIO)

4.OFF or cardio/abs

5.Chest/Tricep + cardio (100-200 calories)
6.Back/Bicep + abs and 10 min in sauna
7.Legs/Shoulders (NO cardio)

8. OFF or cardio/abs

(Repeat)
3 DAY ON 1 DAY OFF

Domicron
08-22-2014, 06:16 PM
read starting strength; follow the workout.

stop cutting or counting calories; you're wasting your time.

vuhsace
08-22-2014, 06:25 PM

stop cutting or counting calories; you're wasting your time. how the hell am i wasting my time lol im trying to look the best i can not like a fat f**k

GrantKevin
08-22-2014, 06:32 PM
how the hell am i wasting my time lol im trying to look the best i can not like a fat f**k
Where's Jason Blaha's video... (BRB)

Link (http://youtu.be/C3gFjZFRuOs?t=2m38s)

Got it

Start on a good routine for beginners : BLSS, Starting Strength, etc.

Domicron
08-22-2014, 06:37 PM
how the hell am i wasting my time lol im trying to look the best i can not like a fat f**k

because the numbers that you calculated are for someone who's past puberty. your body is going through calories at a different rate than an adult, thus, your calculations are wrong, thus your time following them is wasted.

try playing a sport, joining boy scouts, running around with friends, while cutting out overly processed foods, liquid calories and eating more vegetables. this way you can try and have fun losing weight, instead of doing it the boring, sucky way. trust me i know.

also do a full body 3x/week weight lifting plan. this leaves you time to go out with friends and stuff and it'll probably work better than your 2x/week split.

GrantKevin
08-22-2014, 06:41 PM
I also quote of the "Calculating Calories and Macronutrients" sticky

3. IF YOU ARE LESS THAN 18 YRS OF AGE - THESE FORMULA WILL NOT BE ACCURATE due to the energy cost of growth, the inefficient movement of youth & your higher surface area:mass ratio. Look HERE for alternatives. Also - I would also STRONGLY suggest you don't OBSESS! Eat well, exercise regularly, and have fun. Being hyper focused on diet / training can create disordered eating & body image issues

GenocideAttack
08-22-2014, 06:44 PM

stop cutting or counting calories; you're wasting your time.

Please do not give out false information about tracking calories or macros. If OP wants to cut, its his choice.

Read the sticky OP

And also, follow whatever workout plans best for you and your schedule. And to answer your question, 2100 calories doesnt seem to be a bad deficit however only YOU will know by experimenting on adding or subtracting and see if you have drastic changes in weight loss or none at all.

vuhsace
08-22-2014, 06:55 PM
im still a considered a "beginner" but i have been lifting for about a year now, went from 150-200 on a really dirty bulk til now i at least added 10-15 pounds of muscle (im hoping :$), i dont want to lose weight running around with my friends eating what i want. i want to lose weight counting my calories, whats so wrong for a 16 yr old to count calories? i just want to see if 2100 calories is enough for me to cut, should i increase? stay the same? decrease? its a simple answer.

GrantKevin
08-22-2014, 07:00 PM
If the answer was that simple to find, you wouldn't need to ask it :P
Anyway, I'll say this. Try to find your maintenance calories (where you don't lose or gain weight). Then from that amount, cut around 10%. So say 3000 calories, cut down 300. When you hit a plateau, no weight loss for 3 weeks, then cut another 300.

OR

You can do it fast and just find maintenance and then cut 500. Hit plateau, cut more. Done.

It's your life, do as you see fit.

Follix
08-22-2014, 07:01 PM
It's borderline low imo... 2,300 would be more appropriate... Also increase dietary fat to at least 80g.

Noobontheblock
08-22-2014, 07:09 PM
im still a considered a "beginner" but i have been lifting for about a year now, went from 150-200 on a really dirty bulk til now i at least added 10-15 pounds of muscle (im hoping :$), i dont want to lose weight running around with my friends eating what i want. i want to lose weight counting my calories, whats so wrong for a 16 yr old to count calories? i just want to see if 2100 calories is enough for me to cut, should i increase? stay the same? decrease? its a simple answer.

How the hell do u bulk for a year and just started lifting for 2 weeks? How do u even know its muscle when u dont have enough definitiom on ur muscle to begin with?

Stickies

GrantKevin
08-22-2014, 07:10 PM
How the hell do u bulk for a year and just started lifting for 2 weeks? How do u even know its muscle when u dont have enough definitiom on ur muscle to begin with?

Stickies
He's been on his diet for 2 weeks and been lifting for a year.

Domicron
08-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Please do not give out false information about tracking calories or macros. If OP wants to cut, its his choice.

Read the sticky OP

And also, follow whatever workout plans best for you and your schedule. And to answer your question, 2100 calories doesnt seem to be a bad deficit however only YOU will know by experimenting on adding or subtracting and see if you have drastic changes in weight loss or none at all.

perhaps you should read the stickies again. especially the part GrantKevin quoted from it.

i'm pretty sure by any definition, you're a beginner. reread my first reply to your post for what's wrong with a 16 year old counting calories.

vuhsace
08-22-2014, 07:25 PM

Stickies No comment lol retard

Noobontheblock
08-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Im 5'2 and 116lbs and my tdee is more than 2100.. Im really active..

So i think for someone below 18 should eat more than that. Especially if u are active