PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon carbs for my diet?

gdmuk
08-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Hi guys,

I'm currently 5'11" (182cm) and fluctuating between 77.3-78.3kg (170-172lb). I guess my target weight is 185lb/83.9kg based on some MMA guy I saw before of the same height (although most of them cut a few pounds so it's most likely 188-190).

I've been going to the gym for 2 months now & using my diet for 1 month. Previously I was on a pretty low calorie diet (probably around 1200~) and perfectly comfortable with it...I'd go without eating all day sometimes & not feel hungry. That is, comfortable other than the being skinny part.

My gym split was originally push/pull/rest then a former classmate (also a personal trainer) I bumped into criticised it since it meant I was resting 2-3 days per week. Now I've been doing 4 days on, 1 day off (just starting my 3rd cycle). This is chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/abs, bis/tris. I have no real interest in training legs until I'm required to buy new tshirts because of the size of my arms.

This is my current diet: pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=75850 (your browser may require www)

A couple current problems:
- I leave varying amounts of rice in the evening meal most the times because the total meal size is too high (bare in mind I take my protein shake with 400ml milk 30-60 minutes before the meal too).
- Although previously I could go the whole day without eating & be fine I'm now finding myself feel a bit hungry in the afternoons (I finish the nuts & often my lunch's banana in the morning)
- A few nights ago I was 78.3, Today I've dropped to the 77s so I guess I need more calories

Is there some carbs I could add to my diet in the afternoon? Bare in mind I can't cook/microwave there. I was thinking of just adding 1/2 more bananas but then they're high in sugars (although natural~)...

Thanks for any recommendations