PDA

View Full Version : Question about potatoes at night on a cut

rusty10
08-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey guys

I have a question i am hitting my macros most days calories at around 2100 with a 50/30/20 macro split.

The question i have is im having roughly around 300g of potatoes at night with my dinner, I work out after work at 5:30pm most days and have dinner about 7.30pm-8pm
Do you think i am still able to cut while having patatoes at night? I think so because im having them directly after my workout and i am still hitting my macros , Just want some other opinions?

Current macros

Protein - 263g
Carbs - 157g
Fats - 46g

Cheers in advance guys

Domicron
08-21-2014, 02:47 PM
protein too high, fats too low, ratio is outdated, meal timing irrelevant.

read the stickies to learn to calculate your macros/tdee, discretionary calorie allowance, and meal timing.

about a potato: i think it's a great food whenever. baked a potato and eat with salt and pepper (skin included) for some micros, fiber, and a filling delicious starch without a lot of calories/volume. when bulking, load up with butter and sour cream, bacon cheese, etc for easy calories.

KAJe9
08-21-2014, 02:52 PM
What you eat before bed does not determine whether or not you'll be able to lose weight; the number of calories you consume will determine weight flux. Calories in < calories out = weight loss. Also, arbitrary macronutrient ratios are not ideal for determining daily needs.

Read the relevant stickies and come back with any questions.