PDA

View Full Version : Can't exercise, need help with calories!

beergal
02-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Last month a snowboarder ran into me while I was skiing and banged up my knee pretty good. I've been on crutches for the last month and unable to exercise due to my injury. I need help with how many calories I should consume while being seditary? In the last month I've gained about 5pds b/c i wasn't eating the best and not being able to exercise since i have to keep my knee elevated.
Thanks for the help!

matthor
02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
well it sounds liek you need to reduce them? how stringent does your elevated knee have to be? u cant workout upperbody? swimming?

beergal
02-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not allowed to go swimming yet, my doc said maybe in a couple of weeks. I have my leg elevated for about 80% of the day and i can't work right now b/c of my knee. I can't even walk on my knee, but I'm going to go get some weights for upper body.

martina92685
02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
1200 is the recommended bare minimum caloric intake that a doctor will tell you. If you are going to eat that little, make sure you fill it with good stuff (and you know what that means). That way your 1200 will stretch, as opposed to eating a cinnamon roll from cinnabon and blowing 900 (maybe even more) of them on just that!