PDA

View Full Version : Diet advice.

Moongem
08-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi there, everyone! So, I'm two years into my much more healthy life and have reached a point where I'd like to ask some questions. When I first started, I weighed 260 ilbs (I was 19) and am currently between 190 and 180. I've done various diets and always kept an intense workout regiment that usually took place 5-6 days a week.

Now, I've stopped dropping numbers on the scale. I don't think I'm regaining fat-- my schedule is still rather intense, and my weight and repetitions have been increasing pleasantly, so I believe it to be muscle. If it's a factor; I'll state that I go, on average of an hour and a half to three hours a day (like I said, 5-6 days a week).

This where I'd like to ask what type of diet I should be on for a combination of body fat loss and muscle growth. I recently started a low calorie, low carb diet and I'm not really enjoying it as it restricts my protein intake and I know about the correlation between calories and muscle growth.

My current diet calls for about 20-35 g. of Carbs a day and 1,414 calories. I usually try to fit all my Vitamin A-C, and all the healthy fats into my day, but find it hard with this restraint. I want to make sure this is the right course of action.

cls91
08-14-2014, 08:29 PM
Read the Sticky threads at the top of this forum for how to properly construct a diet for yourself.

After reading, if you still have questions, feel free to post them.

Caezar07
08-14-2014, 08:52 PM
^^^This.

And along with reading the stickies, the first thing you need to do is increase your calories. Assuming you're accurately counting/weighing your food, 1400 calories is waaaay to low for your size while going to the gym 5 - 6 days a week for 1.5 to 3hrs each workout......wtf. I'm surprised you haven't collapsed yet. I would immediately increase your calories to at least around 1800, read the stickies, and then go from there.

Mrtonyacosta
08-14-2014, 11:14 PM
This

read the sticky threads at the top of this forum for how to properly construct a diet for yourself.

After reading, if you still have questions, feel free to post them.

schroeds
08-15-2014, 08:12 AM
My current diet calls for about 20-35 g. of Carbs a day and 1,414 calories. I usually try to fit all my Vitamin A-C, and all the healthy fats into my day, but find it hard with this restraint. I want to make sure this is the right course of action.

Hey, congrats on the progress - those are srs not the same two people. Big kudos!

Now... where did you get your diet plan? 1414 cals? that is vlcd for a 5'11" 190lbs person. I would follow the posters advice above and start fresh with some of the info on these stickies