PDA

View Full Version : Need to Eat more to Compensate for Working as a Waiter?

WontDieMirin
08-11-2014, 08:24 AM
I have recently started a summer job as a waiter and it means for about 3 days per week I am walking around carrying plates and stuff for like 3-6 hours.

Currently I am looking to bulk up and I want to make sure I am compensating for this extra exercise by eating more calories while remaining at my 300kcal surplus.

Can anybody give me and idea of how many calories I should be eating extra (per hour) on days when I am working to make up for the extra work load to maintain my surplus :)

Thanks in advance

cls91
08-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Add an extra 100-200 kcal to your overall daily intake (no need to eat more/less on certain days). If you're not gaining at the rate that you want, add another 100-200 kcal to your overall daily intake. Keep doing so until you're gaining at an appropriate rate (2-3lbs/month)

ironwill2008
08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
I have recently started a summer job as a waiter and it means for about 3 days per week I am walking around carrying plates and stuff for like 3-6 hours.

Currently I am looking to bulk up and I want to make sure I am compensating for this extra exercise by eating more calories while remaining at my 300kcal surplus.

Can anybody give me and idea of how many calories I should be eating extra (per hour) on days when I am working to make up for the extra work load to maintain my surplus :)

Thanks in advance

"Walking around carrying plates and stuff for like 3-6 hours" isn't going to create a huge energy imbalance, opie.

Just eat enough that you see a scale-weight increase of about a pound per week, and you'll be okay. You don't need to eat every hour, either.

WontDieMirin
08-11-2014, 08:36 AM
"Walking around carrying plates and stuff for like 3-6 hours" isn't going to create a huge energy imbalance, opie.

Just eat enough that you see a scale-weight increase of about a pound per week, and you'll be okay. You don't need to eat every hour, either.

Add an extra 100-200 kcal to your overall daily intake (no need to eat more/less on certain days). If you're not gaining at the rate that you want, add another 100-200 kcal to your overall daily intake. Keep doing so until you're gaining at an appropriate rate (2-3lbs/month)

Okay, thanks for the guidance guys :)

Follix
08-11-2014, 08:38 AM
It also greatly depend your weight...

A 250lbs individual will need eat way more to compensate burned calories than a 150lbs one... But since you are bulking I guess you aren't very heavy.