PDA

View Full Version : Supplement stack with prescription meds

DynaFXD03
08-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm just getting back into the gym and looking to shed some body fat. I'm thinking about stacking:

BCAA
L-Carnitine
Fishoil

I've never really done supplements other than the usual Whey and multivitamins. Is this stack going to help me accomplish some weight loss without a bunch of side effects?

I'm pre-hypertensive and take a potassium prescription to control. I also take Concetta and Prosac. Anyone taking any of these drugs have any comments on supplementing while on them?

Thanks for any replies

Jeff the Repper
08-07-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't see an issue, but you are always better to speak to your pharmacist about possible interactions.

tastan
08-07-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm just getting back into the gym and looking to shed some body fat. I'm thinking about stacking:

BCAA
L-Carnitine
Fishoil

I've never really done supplements other than the usual Whey and multivitamins. Is this stack going to help me accomplish some weight loss without a bunch of side effects?

I'm pre-hypertensive and take a potassium prescription to control. I also take Concetta and Prosac. Anyone taking any of these drugs have any comments on supplementing while on them?

Thanks for any replies

The most effective way to lose weight is to learn more about nutrition and learn how to manipulate nutrition to help you lose weight.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

You can lose weight through diet alone, without any supplements. Good luck.

Cheftepesh
08-07-2014, 06:58 PM
The best way to weight loss is calorie deficit. Also taking what you are I would talk to your doctor before starting supps.

xavengedx23
08-07-2014, 07:01 PM
You're good.

Use something else instead of L-carnitine though

(Im a bit confused though. Do you think the aforementioned stack is a "fat burning" stack?? )

DynaFXD03
08-08-2014, 04:57 AM
You're good.

Use something else instead of L-carnitine though

(Im a bit confused though. Do you think the aforementioned stack is a "fat burning" stack?? )

Not strictly weight loss but all three are supposed to contribute to weight loss. Like I said though, I'm a supplement noob. Please feel free to offer and alternative. I'd like to avoid caffeine based products because the Concerta is a stimulant and the extra caffeine puts me on edge.

thanks to all for the replies so far.

nics1246
08-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Best thing to do is run it by your doctor.

Second best thing to do is read forum rules ;)