PDA

View Full Version : intense headache during leg wokrout !

titimabe
08-01-2014, 08:52 AM
today was my leg day the problem is i always feel a realy bad headache specialy during leg press and to day i felt like if i'm gonna puke and it take 1 minute to take my breath and come back to reality and do another set and when i stand up i feel like a vodka headach ! i'm wondring if u feel the same during leg workout ?
i also had some breathing problem today and i feel thirsty during the hole workout even if i keep drinking water

oregonchick76
08-01-2014, 09:52 AM
No, that's not normal. Leg day can make me feel light-headed and even a little nauseous but what you are describing isn't right.

Are you taking any stimulants or pre-workouts?
Are you eating/drinking before your session?
What does your routine look like?
Is it excessively warm in your gym?
Are you eating below maintenance?

Has it always been this way or is this a recent change?

titimabe
08-01-2014, 11:30 AM
No, that's not normal. Leg day can make me feel light-headed and even a little nauseous but what you are describing isn't right.

Are you taking any stimulants or pre-workouts?
Are you eating/drinking before your session?
What does your routine look like?
Is it excessively warm in your gym?
Are you eating below maintenance?

Has it always been this way or is this a recent change?
i don't take any suplement but i think cuz it's hot these day that's why those feeling are becauming more intense , i take 2 hole eggs and 4 white with butter and cheese ( i'm bulking ) and banan and milk juice and some sort of complex carb 1h30 befor workout , and i feel like this just on my leg workout and sometime on back day 2 but not as intense !
my routine is squat , leg press , hack squat , leg extention , lunges , today i did a squat drop set and hack squat superset betwen narrow and wide stance and a paused rep on leg extention rep between 8 and 15 !

krisflores
08-01-2014, 11:40 AM
i don't take any suplement but i think cuz it's hot these day that's why those feeling are becauming more intense , i take 2 hole eggs and 4 white with butter and cheese ( i'm bulking ) and banan and milk juice and some sort of complex carb 1h30 befor workout , and i feel like this just on my leg workout and sometime on back day 2 but not as intense !
my routine is squat , leg press , hack squat , leg extention , lunges , today i did a squat drop set and hack squat superset betwen narrow and wide stance and a paused rep on leg extention rep between 8 and 15 !

This used to happen to me. For me it turned out to be a mixture of dehydration (I'm really good about drinking a lot of water in the afternoons but not in the mornings, which is when I work out) and not controlling my breathing very well, especially on leg day.
Try drinking more water before your work out, and paying really good attention to your breathing during and see if that helps any. Good luck!

titimabe
08-01-2014, 11:55 AM
This used to happen to me. For me it turned out to be a mixture of dehydration (I'm really good about drinking a lot of water in the afternoons but not in the mornings, which is when I work out) and not controlling my breathing very well, especially on leg day.
Try drinking more water before your work out, and paying really good attention to your breathing during and see if that helps any. Good luck!
thank's i will try this :) !

Tijana33
08-02-2014, 04:35 AM
Make you sure drink enough and breather properly as both can cause headaches.

If that's not the case, you maybe suffering from exertion headaches...I have been getting these for months now and am now forced to rest as they start sooner each time, I've not worked out since June 16th. Thought I was getting better tried a few exercies then got another headache, so now back to resting : (

viccles007
08-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Also make sure you are eating enough cals - I find if I under eat I start getting symptoms.