PDA

View Full Version : First Mens physique comp

kcmontoya
08-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Hey everyone, I have been prepping for my first mens physique comp. I will be competing Aug 9th and I have never even been to a show and had a few questions. the prejudging starts around 11a. Once the prejudging is over. Do only say top 5 go on to present in the evening show? Or does everyone make it? And then say you make it to the evening show.... what do you do in between? Thanks you guys

SirGlutenator
08-01-2014, 09:30 AM
I am pretty sure that it just depends on the show and number of competitors in your class. Everyone competed in both for the show that I went to, and there were over 20 people competing in the mens physique division. Good luck! If you havent seen that much physique posing I would look up Steve Cook physique posing videos, or another high level competitor posing training videos. I have never competed but plan on doing so. My buddies that compete say that they have to continuously practice so that they are used to posing before getting infront of the crowd

kcmontoya
08-03-2014, 03:58 AM
I am pretty sure that it just depends on the show and number of competitors in your class. Everyone competed in both for the show that I went to, and there were over 20 people competing in the mens physique division. Good luck! If you havent seen that much physique posing I would look up Steve Cook physique posing videos, or another high level competitor posing training videos. I have never competed but plan on doing so. My buddies that compete say that they have to continuously practice so that they are used to posing before getting infront of the crowd

Hey thanks for answering i appreciate it. As soon as i posted it i realized i could just email the director of the show. I did and all competitors will step onstage in the evening show. I have been working about 1 1/2 hr a week on posing. Just so I dont freak out (too Much) when I do finally step on stage.

jrmiller2883
08-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone, I have been prepping for my first mens physique comp. I will be competing Aug 9th and I have never even been to a show and had a few questions. the prejudging starts around 11a. Once the prejudging is over. Do only say top 5 go on to present in the evening show? Or does everyone make it? And then say you make it to the evening show.... what do you do in between? Thanks you guys

The prejudging goes by fast so don't get caught up in the moment. Then the show later will take foreverrrrrr.
Everyone makes it to the show. You wouldn't be the first rookie so don't stress

wala
08-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Good luck tomorrow. While not to come across as cocky you should believe in your own mind that you've already won, it'll show in your performance and presence.

IGFitnessgoals
08-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Good luck tomorrow bro. I am now beginning my journey. A year and a half out. Post pics after

Venom10
08-10-2014, 10:35 PM

How did you do?

Krolczyk
08-11-2014, 02:50 PM
What show did you do

kcmontoya
08-11-2014, 08:59 PM
i did the steel valley classic. I didnt do so hot. I went out into prejudging with confidence and felt pretty good about what i did and come to find out my tan.... was not tan enough. My brother who sat behind the judges said that i was completely washed out by the lights and that the other competitors were full on flexing rather than "model" as we were instructed during the athletes meeting. So, this was all very disappointing however, after about an hour of self loathing i perked up and decided i would kick the evening shows ass. I went to walmart and bought instant tanner. I sprayed three coats of the stuff. Backstage before going on I pumped up with a mission. I stepped back onstage a shade or two darker and a can do attitude and flexed my self silly with a smile of course. This is the only pic I have right now from the evening show. and of course i dont have a smile.. The gentleman next to me was in the top five. I'm in the middle red/black shorts. But thank you all of you guys for your inputs i greatly appreciate it. It was a great learning experience and I will definitely be doing another one.

DGAFitness
08-21-2014, 01:30 PM
i did the steel valley classic. I didnt do so hot. I went out into prejudging with confidence and felt pretty good about what i did and come to find out my tan.... was not tan enough. My brother who sat behind the judges said that i was completely washed out by the lights and that the other competitors were full on flexing rather than "model" as we were instructed during the athletes meeting. So, this was all very disappointing however, after about an hour of self loathing i perked up and decided i would kick the evening shows ass. I went to walmart and bought instant tanner. I sprayed three coats of the stuff. Backstage before going on I pumped up with a mission. I stepped back onstage a shade or two darker and a can do attitude and flexed my self silly with a smile of course. This is the only pic I have right now from the evening show. and of course i dont have a smile.. The gentleman next to me was in the top five. I'm in the middle red/black shorts. But thank you all of you guys for your inputs i greatly appreciate it. It was a great learning experience and I will definitely be doing another one.

At least you did it. I wanted to compete this year but fell off my training and just let myself get overwhelmed by work and personal issues. Started up again and looking forward to competing next year.

Pretty Boy Floyd
08-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Gotta go super dark OP