PDA

View Full Version : my first cutting diet- please help! :)

martasalvado
07-31-2014, 06:11 AM
Hello! I started a cutting diet as I want to loose some body fat and achieve a more defined look and some weight loss of course.
I wanted to ask for some feedback on it since it was me who put this together and I am stuck because I am very unsure of it and dont know how to improve it, calories and macros wise.
I have always diet on bad diets (extremes) and I think my metabolism slowed a lot.
I started weight training a year ago and started eating properly but this is my first cut.

I am a 23 year old girl, 1,72m (5'7) and 66kg (146Ibs). I train 5 to 6 times a week with 3 days where I do cardio.
My body fat is around 26/ and I calculated my calories as 1400 a day and 50-20-30 of protein carbs and fat.
I have read emmas thread it us good but it is a bit confusing for begginers.

Here is the result

Breakfast 7.30am
5 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 slice turkey breast

Snack 11.00
1 scoop whey
200 ml almond milk unsweetened

Lunch 13.30
200g grilled salmon or chicken breast
200g boiled green beans or vegetables
1/2 tbs olive oil
40g sweet potato

Snack 18.00 pre workout
1 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs ricotta cheese
1/2 can tuna
2 tbs soy natural yoghurt
1 fruit

Work out

Dinner 22.00

100g chicken breast
200g broc****
1/2 tbs olive oil

Total 1250cal
160g protein
75g carbs
50g fat

I know it is not spot on so I appreciate any feedback on how to improve it!! Thank you all :)

oregonchick76
07-31-2014, 06:40 AM
1400 is an aggressive cut for someone at your stats doing so much exercise.
I'd personally start at 1800 and work my way down from there if the loss isn't consistent - but it should be.

Does NOT matter HOW FREQUENTLY you eat. OR what the macro breakdown is of each meal.

Hit your target macros which should not be based on a ratio) and calories, each day.

I personally would eat less protein and more carbs than what you are doing.

martasalvado
07-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Hi thanks for your help!

I think I agree with you, I read about this and seems I really need to increase the calories. ..

I am just a bit afraid this could do the opposite since I am one of those persons who gain weight just by drinking water! Of course I am joking but I do have a very slow metabolism and I am afraid that would be a lot...

But I am willing to try, what I am doing now is cleay not producing the desired effect... could you help me with macros? When you say base them nit on percentage what do you mean?

Once again thank you so much!

oregonchick76
07-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Hi thanks for your help!

I think I agree with you, I read about this and seems I really need to increase the calories. ..

I am just a bit afraid this could do the opposite since I am one of those persons who gain weight just by drinking water! Of course I am joking but I do have a very slow metabolism and I am afraid that would be a lot...

But I am willing to try, what I am doing now is cleay not producing the desired effect... could you help me with macros? When you say base them nit on percentage what do you mean?

Once again thank you so much!1g of protein per lb of ideal bodyweight, .4g of fat per lb of ideal bw, the rest of your calories in carbs.
You are not very heavy for your weight, so don't expect to drop 1 lb per week - maybe initially, but the fat loss will slow. I would say if you don't look the way you want to at 130-135, you will need to turn your focus to building up some muscle.

martasalvado
08-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Ok so I will calculate it based on the weight I would like to achieve I think for now 135 seems ok.

I am trying to boost the carbs for now... yeah I mean I an not visible fat it is mostly show some definition that I have been training for.

I am going to put a diet and I will post the new version soon

Thank you!

martasalvado
08-01-2014, 02:20 PM
So just thinking about the information you gave me I would be setting my ideal weight at 135 Ibs (62kg).

So for protein it will be 136g which means 136x4 as 544 cal.

For fat 136/4 as 34g which totals 306 cal.

For a 1700cal diet it would leave me with 850 cal for carbs and that is 212.5g right?

oregonchick76
08-01-2014, 03:17 PM
So just thinking about the information you gave me I would be setting my ideal weight at 135 Ibs (62kg).

So for protein it will be 136g which means 136x4 as 544 cal.

For fat 136/4 as 34g which totals 306 cal.

For a 1700cal diet it would leave me with 850 cal for carbs and that is 212.5g right?No. .4g of fat per lb of bodyweight. So 135 x .4g = 54g fat.

martasalvado
08-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Really??? That is a lot of fat...

But I thought the carbs were a bit too high so something was wrong.

I will post today or tomorrow the final result thanks for the correction!

oregonchick76
08-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Really??? That is a lot of fat...

But I thought the carbs were a bit too high so something was wrong.

I will post today or tomorrow the final result thanks for the correction!Define 'lot of fat'. It's a healthy amount of fat for someone your size.