PDA

View Full Version : ITT I explain why Sherman shouldn't be knocked for sticking to his side

bigcc
07-31-2014, 02:18 AM
I constantly see the argument that "great corners always cover the number 1 WR", well for opposing QB's that simply isn't the case. The vast majority of qb's are right handed, when you drop back your body faces shermans side, what this does is force qb's to throw across their body or take sherman on, which doesn't end up well. (watch the vid coming up to prove this point)

On top of that, the two top pass rushers (avril/bennett) would line up on the same side of the field as sherman, so when the QB is looking to the other side the opportunity for strips (only quinn had more as a DL than avril) due to the pass rush being unseen.

On top of that, it allows ET to focus more on Maxwell/Browner's side of the field because he knows that's likely where the ball is going. 1B6fk9GcEsk 5/6 ints in this vid came directly off the RIGHT side of the defense, think that's pure coincidence?

This isn't to take anything away from Peterson, I'm GLAD he got paid more than Sherman and is trying to keep it competitive, Sherman isn't going to lay on his laurels after a big contract when people keep calling him out, I love it. whatever keeps guys getting extensions hungry.

I'm sure Sherman could do the same damn thing that Peterson does (besides cover slot, I can't be sure but for some reason I can't see Sherman being as great as he is with that assignment) on either side..... but it doesn't make sense, and the numbers and results don't lie, be honest if they switched roles do you REALLY think Peterson would lock a side of the field down better than sherman could stick to a #1 the whole game? If not see the week 2 where Sherman sticks to Boldin the whole game last season early on before crabcake came back. He played Boldin man-man the whole game and he put up 1 catch for 7 yards, the week after putting up 13/208 yards and a td vs. GB.

Sherman haters feel free to point out flaws in my reasoning and why you would give Peterson a bigger contract than Sherman (remember he's not even doing PR/offense anymore).

ShweezyBTFO
07-31-2014, 05:57 AM
why you would give Peterson a bigger contract than Sherman (remember he's not even doing PR/offense anymore).

Because he's better.

Gerald151
07-31-2014, 07:26 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-15.gif

Shweezy, why'd you get banned?

ShweezyBTFO
07-31-2014, 08:01 AM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/didnt-read-lol-gif-15.gif

Shweezy, why'd you get banned?

For quoting your mention of a banned substance. Funny enough another thread was made a few days later and it had to do with Barry Bonds and said substances and nothing happened to anyone in that thread.

The grudge is real.

07-31-2014, 08:05 AM
So if Calvin Johnson lines up opposite of Sherman... You'd rather the him cover the opposite side of the field than the best WR in the NFL? What kind of flawed logic is that?

It is their gameplan so it's a moot point anyways, but it's silly to say that it's a plus that he covers some scrub on one side of the field rather than shutting down their best wideout and game changer.

Gerald151
07-31-2014, 08:28 AM
For quoting your mention of a banned substance. Funny enough another thread was made a few days later and it had to do with Barry Bonds and said substances and nothing happened to anyone in that thread.

The grudge is real.

Ya. I emailed the mod and asked how the fuk he can justify banning me for "discussing AAS" when all I said was "ster**ds" and literally I see that word used freely every day on here. He said it "doesn't matter with posts like this" and quotes a post I made talking sh*t to another mod. So I asked him if he was banning me for saying "stero**s" or for hurting his butt buddy's feelings. No response.

They really wanna bury me.

Iron121
07-31-2014, 08:31 AM

The grudge is real.

thats because you're a phaggot.

Swept
07-31-2014, 08:38 AM
Who ever thinks Peterson is better than Sherman has lost their minds.

Peterson is constantly burned, he's a great athlete playing corner nothing more. He needs to develop some technique before he gets older.

As for Sherman playing one side, that's up to his coach to decide. Sherman is the best corner right now if Revis gets back to his old self than we have a different argument

RCATES
07-31-2014, 08:51 AM
No need to switch sides when you have a stud like Maxwell on the other side. Carrol is the master at developing db's. Sherman does what he is asked to do in that defense. Lock down his side of the field. Peterson is a very gifted athlete who can do many things on both sides of the ball. But as a corner he is not on Sherman's level. Numbers speak for themselves.

ruskism
07-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Because he's better.

http://i.imgur.com/TqXFRqE.jpg

laxster
07-31-2014, 09:03 AM
I think the scheme makes him look a lot better than he is. IIRC, asomugha played the same scheme for the raiders, went to Philly as a man/true zone player and was exposed as a awful, like really fukin bad. He was being talked up as better than Revis too

iamgenus
07-31-2014, 10:01 AM
I think the scheme makes him look a lot better than he is. IIRC, asomugha played the same scheme for the raiders, went to Philly as a man/true zone player and was exposed as a awful, like really fukin bad. He was being talked up as better than Revis too

Scheme definitely helps...so does having Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor for safeties.

Personally I think Sherman is a better corner than Peterson but that's partly because of Seattle's scheme and his fit within that scheme. Some people may try to downplay his talent because of Seattle's scheme but you can't grade players outside of the scheme they play in.

I believe if you forced these guys to switch to a different team we'd see a bigger decline from Sherman but he's on the Seahawks so arguing that is a moot point.

I don't blame him for playing his side. It works for the team and it works for him. However imo it is a valid reason to knock him a bit, it may not be fair but still valid. If the other team knows Sherman is playing on one side they can easily gameplan to get their best players on the other side and avoid him. A top corner shouldn't be that easy to avoid.

If you want to avoid the other team's top corner then it should cost you your top receiver in the process. If Detroit can avoid Sherman and still throw the ball to Calvin Johnson I'm pretty sure they'll take that advantage trade off.

Lucky for Seattle their secondary is so good it's not that much of an advantage.

ShweezyBTFO
07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
thats because you're a phaggot.

How's your non-existent hockey betting career going?

bigcc
07-31-2014, 02:10 PM
So if Calvin Johnson lines up opposite of Sherman... You'd rather the him cover the opposite side of the field than the best WR in the NFL? What kind of flawed logic is that?

It is their gameplan so it's a moot point anyways, but it's silly to say that it's a plus that he covers some scrub on one side of the field rather than shutting down their best wideout and game changer.

Except now tate is a non-factor and ET can help double Megatron, while bennett and Avril destroy Staffords blind side

SF49ers
07-31-2014, 03:23 PM
Serious question.

Is the word salty a regional thing, am I too old to come across people actually saying this? What is it?

IbnKutub
07-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Serious question.

Is the word salty a regional thing, am I too old to come across people actually saying this? What is it?

It's not regional I don't think. But I've heard people from different states on the east coast use it myself.

Salty is that tinge tingly feeling of embarrassment and resentment that you get when you're plainly exposed as wrong usually caused by being irrational about a position or like of something.

IbnKutub
07-31-2014, 03:38 PM
People do know that Sherman Jackson plays in a very strong defensive scheme as laid down by the defensive mastermind Coach Pete C right?

He is doing what he is supposed to do inside of their scheme and that's all he has to do.

ruskism
07-31-2014, 03:42 PM
People do know that Sherman Jackson plays in a very strong defensive scheme as laid down by the defensive mastermind Coach Pete C right?

He is doing what he is supposed to do inside of their scheme and that's all he has to do.

People don't care. They want to see 1-vs-1's and that's it. Maybe if other coaches drafted or picked up 2 capable safeties, enabling both of them to be the absolute best on THEIR respective side of the field, they would have won the Superbowl.. but they didn't. Pete C. the GOAT!

IbnKutub
07-31-2014, 03:51 PM
People don't care. They want to see 1-vs-1's and that's it. Maybe if other coaches drafted or picked up 2 capable safeties, enabling both of them to be the absolute best on THEIR respective side of the field, they would have won the Superbowl.. but they didn't. Pete C. the GOAT!

I agree. Pete C GOAT material all the way.

They just mad that Sherman Jackson can walk his talk and did so all the way to the Superbowl.
They just salty! And I say STAY SALTY!.

Seattle has absolute great and amazing fans and a great man as a head coach and well managed franchise along with an elite band of players who in the hands of anyone else may just come across as a bunch of 'rag tags' but under Pete they shut down one of the greatest passers in the league like they had Madden on easy mode and Sherman Jackson did his job all season long in superb and eyebrow raising style.

bigcc
07-31-2014, 04:46 PM
I agree. Pete C GOAT material all the way.

They just mad that Sherman Jackson can walk his talk and did so all the way to the Superbowl.
They just salty! And I say STAY SALTY!.

Seattle has absolute great and amazing fans and a great man as a head coach and well managed franchise along with an elite band of players who in the hands of anyone else may just come across as a bunch of 'rag tags' but under Pete they shut down one of the greatest passers in the league like they had Madden on easy mode and Sherman Jackson did his job all season long in superb and eyebrow raising style.

We also have the best GM in football (imo) in schneider, carroll shouldn't get ALL the credit.

Hearing ted thompson was extended was the best news for the team in a while besides lynch coming back (so long as he isnt bitter all season.... which is quite likely), GB is the only team that even bared a threat of schneider leaving.

Tommy12Orr4
07-31-2014, 05:02 PM
We also have the best GM in football (imo) in schneider, carroll shouldn't get ALL the credit.

Hearing ted thompson was extended was the best news for the team in a while besides lynch coming back (so long as he isnt bitter all season.... which is quite likely), GB is the only team that even bared a threat of schneider leaving.

What are you going to say when the Packers put up 30+ against the Seahawks week one?

It's not a knock on Sherman that he's playing one side of the field in a scheme. However, it can't be ignored that he has arguably the best safety in the NFL covering his ass, while other CB's are playing both sides of the field and covering the #1 WR the entire game. It's more about recognizing how great they are versus knocking Sherman, who will be going the way of a semi-recent Oakland Raider that people nut-hugged.

bigcc
07-31-2014, 07:43 PM
What are you going to say when the Packers put up 30+ against the Seahawks week one?

It's not a knock on Sherman that he's playing one side of the field in a scheme. However, it can't be ignored that he has arguably the best safety in the NFL covering his ass, while other CB's are playing both sides of the field and covering the #1 WR the entire game. It's more about recognizing how great they are versus knocking Sherman, who will be going the way of a semi-recent Oakland Raider that people nut-hugged.

ET covers the other side of the field if you watch the vid I posted you mouthbreather.

And LOL@GB dropping 30 IN SEATTLE, hasn't happened since 2011, and last time GB visited they dropped a mighty 12 on us.

tential
07-31-2014, 09:07 PM

Seems pretty helpful.... to the other team..... to know that....

Who ever thinks Peterson is better than Sherman has lost their minds.

Peterson is constantly burned, he's a great athlete playing corner nothing more. He needs to develop some technique before he gets older.

As for Sherman playing one side, that's up to his coach to decide. Sherman is the best corner right now if Revis gets back to his old self than we have a different argument

Revis is going through the Pat's hyperbolic time chamber right now brow. Don't worry bout him.

TahitiJones
07-31-2014, 10:43 PM

megatron is one of the few cases where sherm follows him all game. Does it very rarely

94beastmode
07-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Didn't he get burned by a no name wr and he also plays behind the best safety I'm the nfl. Sorry Patrick Peterson is better

TerellOwens
08-01-2014, 01:14 AM
seattle did something right on d and won a superbowl

feardafronfz3
08-01-2014, 06:36 AM
megatron is one of the few cases where sherm follows him all game. Does it very rarely
lol no he didn't. back in 2012 Sherman was on Titus Young for a lot of the game and got burned repeatedly. When he was on CJ he had safety and LB coverage rolled his way. Calvin dropped an easy TD and was playing on an injured knee

JungleJenetics
08-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Im sorry I do think Sherman is a great CB but Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are monsters.

sPP2W0wsX0U

hsW_iX8Gj9U

Bowyermania
08-01-2014, 07:57 AM
Revis is far better than both of them, so why does it even matter. As a Jets fan, I am not looking forward to seeing Revis twice this year. Luckily it's only for one season.

tential
08-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Revis is far better than both of them, so why does it even matter. As a Jets fan, I am not looking forward to seeing Revis twice this year. Luckily it's only for one season.

Revis is going to look godly this year. Putting a Patriots Uniform on is an instant +15 to all stats... and -30 Durability but whatever.

ruskism
08-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Im sorry I do think Sherman is a great CB but Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas are monsters.

sPP2W0wsX0U

hsW_iX8Gj9U

Watching Chancellor highlights is like watching Madden.. god damn one of the most physical hitters in the game. So much fun.

iamgenus
08-01-2014, 08:53 AM
Watching Chancellor highlights is like watching Madden.. god damn one of the most physical hitters in the game. So much fun.

Vernon Davis does not agree with this.