PDA

View Full Version : MP Off-Season Pics

ArmyROTCCadet05
07-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Hello all, was wondering if you guys had pics of what any MP competitor looks like in the off-season as opposed to BB division? Post pics if you can find any...

igor_1311
07-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Hello all, was wondering if you guys had pics of what any MP competitor looks like in the off-season as opposed to BB division? Post pics if you can find any...

I feel because MP doesnt require guys to get insanely shredded and/or big (like 240 at sub-5% bf), many of them will stay relatively lean year round, because of this you may not see a huge distinction between off season and contest prep, or why some of them cut down rather quickly (2-8 weeks of contest prep as opposed to 16+ weeks for bodybuilding)

Best example of off-season MP which comes to mind is Steve Cook:

14:00

hjBdB9-QN1k

MG5
07-31-2014, 03:23 PM
I feel because MP doesnt require guys to get insanely shredded and/or big (like 240 at sub-5% bf), many of them will stay relatively lean year round, because of this you may not see a huge distinction between off season and contest prep, or why some of them cut down rather quickly (2-8 weeks of contest prep as opposed to 16+ weeks for bodybuilding)

hjBdB9-QN1k

That doesn't look like 8%. I'm leaner than I thought if that's 8%. But this guys right. MP guys dont bulk too hard like bodybuilders do. Sadik gets pretty fluffy in the offseason. Craig capurso doesnt seem to let his abs fade quite a bit as well, but most of them stay lean

ArmyROTCCadet05
08-01-2014, 06:00 AM

hjBdB9-QN1k

Thanks brother! Didn't realize Steve got even that fluffy... and it's really not that fluffy.. guess everyone needs a break from trying to maintain lower BFs eh?

DNClay
08-15-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd call that pretty fluffy ^ Regardless, Steve's got thick frame and looks healthy off-season or on stage and is a great ambassador to the sport.