PDA

View Full Version : Meal Timing/Frequency

liftinfaith
07-29-2014, 08:06 PM
How relevant is meal timing/frequency V.S. overall nutritional intake?

Will it matter if I miss the "magical" 1 hour post-workout to down a shake and some dextrose?

Does ingesting carbs pre-workout actually have any effect on my performance/muscle growth?

Would it be wise to take in my entire day's macros in ONE meal?

Would it matter WHEN I took that meal?

Looking into intermittent fasting just because I don't wake up in time for breakfast and dinner's usually where it's at for me.

Oh, and can I really eat all the donuts I want under IIFYM? :)

TIA!

Haveboards
07-29-2014, 08:14 PM
How relevant is meal timing/frequency V.S. overall nutritional intake? It's relevant to personal preference and performance

Will it matter if I miss the "magical" 1 hour post-workout to down a shake and some dextrose? There is no magical hour post workout. Unless you're a magician. Ditch the dextrose altogether

Does ingesting carbs pre-workout actually have any effect on my performance/muscle growth? To some yes and others no, You tell us? And it depends :)

Would it be wise to take in my entire day's macros in ONE meal? No, and definitely not optimal. Also good luck eating north of 3000 cals in one meal.

Would it matter WHEN I took that meal? See question 1

Looking into intermittent fasting just because I don't wake up in time for breakfast and dinner's usually where it's at for me. Cool story bro

Oh, and can I really eat all the donuts I want under IIFYM? :) Avoid industrial trans fats altogether. So no.

TIA!

See bold ^^^

determined4000
07-29-2014, 08:15 PM
overall is more important but timing still plays a role
Will it matter if I miss the "magical" 1 hour post-workout to down a shake and some dextrose?
no
Does ingesting carbs pre-workout actually have any effect on my performance/muscle growth?
man boost performance by eating carbs-->energy
No
somewhat
Looking into intermittent fasting just because I don't wake up in time for breakfast and dinner's usually where it's at for me.

if you dont care about your health
TIA!se bold

liftinfaith
07-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. Figure I'll prioritize hitting my macros, not stress out over meal frequency, and eat donuts IN MODERATION. :)

cldillmann1
07-30-2014, 06:18 AM

TIA!

why is this not wise. I can eat 3000+ cal in a sitting easily

Mrpb
07-30-2014, 06:22 AM
why is this not wise. I can eat 3000+ cal in a sitting easily

Well from the standpoint of protein synthesis it will not be optimal.

Whether it will really affect your results negatively is open to debate though.

cldillmann1
07-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Well from the standpoint of protein synthesis it will not be optimal.

Whether it will really affect your results negatively is open to debate though.

Who says I wont absorb all the protein I eat in one sitting over the course of 24 hours?

Mrpb
07-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Who says I wont absorb all the protein I eat in one sitting over the course of 24 hours?

Whether you absorb it or not isn't really the issue. The issue is whether it's optimal for protein synthesis or not.

Some studies have have shown beneficial effects of spreading protein over several meals.

There's a discussion about it in this thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163225781

cumminslifter
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Who says I wont absorb all the protein I eat in one sitting over the course of 24 hours?he said nothing about absorption. he was referring to MPS