PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. suspended one week for comments about domestic abuse

Twerk4it
07-29-2014, 03:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/espn-suspends-stephen-a--smith-over-ray-rice-domestic-abuse-commentary-213719386.html

RaibeartBruis
07-29-2014, 03:17 PM
in.

CougarP01
07-29-2014, 03:18 PM
thats half the punishment that Ray Rice got for actual domestic abuse

rnod
07-29-2014, 03:19 PM
what a crock of fuking **** that is..

and the stupid kunt spit on Ray Rice.. i'm fuking glad he punched her (srs)

deerdiary
07-29-2014, 03:20 PM
I would say that I'll never watch ESPN again, but I haven't watched ESPN for over 2 years so I can't complain...

wickedman
Should start looking for another job, and he shouldn't have bent over and took that ****. Almost want to write him an e-mail that he will never read.

tential
So a 1 week paid vacation?

"Skipper further explained the decision to suspend Smith until Aug. 6 came as the result of discussions with ESPN's women's employee resource group."

lol...

H0st
07-29-2014, 03:21 PM
ITT: Chickheads failing to understand that ESPN is a privately owned company that can suspend, fire or hire anyone for any reason.

HankScorp1o
07-29-2014, 03:22 PM
ESPN caving into idiocy as usual. For fukk's sake, they should suspend Beadle instead just for misconstruing what Stephen A. said and starting an unprovoked attack on a fellow employee via a very public medium. That chit shouldn't be allowed to fly at all.

tential
07-29-2014, 03:28 PM
ESPN caving into idiocy as usual. For fukk's sake, they should suspend Beadle instead just for misconstruing what Stephen A. said and starting an unprovoked attack on a fellow employee via a very public medium. That chit shouldn't be allowed to fly at all.

Like I said before, I doubt her comments were fully just her mad. Like any woman,it was a chance to get more twitter followers and get more attention

Rothschilds
07-29-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lurk.gif

Looks like my feminazi agenda in the western world to emasculate the male gender is going quite smoothly.

SwagMorris
07-29-2014, 03:44 PM
thats half the punishment that Ray Rice got for actual domestic abuse

Zing! Dat irony.

I would say that I'll never watch ESPN again, but I haven't watched ESPN for over 2 years so I can't complain...

Except for actual sports programming, I'm with you on that one. **** company.

So a 1 week paid vacation?

"Skipper further explained the decision to suspend Smith until Aug. 6 came as the result of discussions with ESPN's women's employee resource group."

lol...

Sounds like a terrible place to work. Fox Sports should become the complete opposite, like Fox News.

ckhunter5
07-29-2014, 03:45 PM
And the bish who went on the nonsensical rant to start this whole thing doesn't get a suspension and gains some popularity from this. Typical

Phil9
07-29-2014, 03:53 PM
So, SAS gets more of a punishment than Ray Rice did. How poetic.

BullStampede
07-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Rage. Women dont even watch First Take.

Mac_xX
07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
lmao, half what the dude who actually hit the woman got

FGCHENG
07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Reps for cliffs? Haven't really been following this story. Did Stephen A basically get banned for saying women shouldn't provoke?

Murph0408
07-29-2014, 04:02 PM
this. i'm not familiar with beadle's work but i'll never take her seriously after all this nonsense. she's putting herself over at his expense by hopping up on a white horse and comparing it to rape comments ("i was going to wear a skirt should i be careful")

Twerk4it
07-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Reps for cliffs? Haven't really been following this story. Did Stephen A basically get banned for saying women shouldn't provoke?

Pretty much

HankScorp1o
07-29-2014, 04:13 PM
Reps for cliffs? Haven't really been following this story. Did Stephen A basically get banned for saying women shouldn't provoke?The important part is that he FIRST clarified that what Ray Rice did or any type of domestic violence at all is completely wrong and unacceptable.

He then added to that statement saying, in, effect that women should also do what they can to avoid these types of physical confrontations. (like, for instance, how Ray Rice's wife spit in his face right before this incident)

This is the part that Beadle freaked out about, accusing him of victim blaming.

It's basically like if someone says "hey, shark attacks are terrible and it's not your fault if you do get attacked, but maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't tie seal meat to your body, jump in the ocean, and start wrestling a shark" and someone else saying 'HOW DARE YOU, YOU VICTIM BLAMER! NO VICTIMS ARE EVER RESPONSIBLE AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY DO, IT'S NEVER THEIR FAULT IF THEY'RE ATTACKED!"

Basically, Beadle just went full emotional retard. She also admitted that she was a victim of domestic violence in the past, which is obviously why she's so hypersensitive to the topic.

07-29-2014, 04:29 PM
The important part is that he FIRST clarified that what Ray Rice did or any type of domestic violence at all is completely wrong and unacceptable.

He then added to that statement saying, in, effect that women should also do what they can to avoid these types of physical confrontations. (like, for instance, how Ray Rice's wife spit in his face right before this incident)

It's basically like if someone says "hey, shark attacks are terrible and it's not your fault if you do get attacked, but maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't tie seal meat to your body, jump in the ocean, and start wrestling a shark" and someone else saying 'HOW DARE YOU, YOU VICTIM BLAMER! NO VICTIMS ARE EVER RESPONSIBLE AND IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THEY DO, IT'S NEVER THEIR FAULT IF THEY'RE ATTACKED!"

Basically, Beadle just went full emotional retard. She also admitted that she was a victim of domestic violence in the past, which is obviously why she's so hypersensitive to the topic.

Good way to sum it up.

This rustles my jimmies beyond belief though. Fuk that bitch Beadle.

neighborr
07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
ITT: Chickheads failing to understand that ESPN is a privately owned company that can suspend, fire or hire anyone for any reason.

We all understand that you stupid July 2014 red. Does it make this right or justifiable? No.

Now run along and troll some other subforum. OH wait you're already banned

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k497/animalsbeingdicks/animalsbeingdicks/abd-26.gif

Calhexas
07-29-2014, 04:42 PM
This sh!t rustles me to no end.

And I don't even fukkin like Stephen A

caj
07-29-2014, 04:47 PM
He should sign with another network

Not his biggest fan, but if enough of their people get sick of ESPN's PC world of 'reporting' and leave, maybe some of the other sports networks will begin to increase viewership and we can wave bye bye to ES'PC'N dominance

Workout4ever
07-29-2014, 04:48 PM
i'm so mad right now

of course you can provoke your own beating you dumb fukkin kunt

rage

IbnKutub
07-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Stephen Smith shouldn't have apologized. He didn't say anything wrong.

Nick Saban should have took the job in Texas when he had the chance lol.
Good luck with whateverhisnameis as a QB this year.

tsbalr120
07-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Justice for Stephen A.

wickedman
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
The important part is that he FIRST clarified that what Ray Rice did or any type of domestic violence at all is completely wrong and unacceptable.

This does sum it up very nicely. I was shocked when I heard the actual conversation, he literally must have prefaced his comments 3-4 times with, "Under no circumstances do I think it is appropriate to strike a woman." and yet low IQ mongoloids like Beadle managed to turn this into a big thing.

tential
07-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a terrible place to work. Fox Sports should become the complete opposite, like Fox News.

Are you kidding? Fox Sports has a women's employee resource group too obviously. It's just run by all men.....

Why can't our culture understand the difference between victim blaming and "Not putting yourself at risk"? I just don't understand it, are we really that stupid of a society at this point?

jackflag
07-29-2014, 04:54 PM
1. Say nothing wrong.
2. Apologize profusely for saying nothing wrong.
3. #femgenda
4. Band Camp.

Society is fukked.

NeoKantian
07-29-2014, 04:57 PM
I can't stand him, but what he said was stupid though.

caj
07-29-2014, 04:58 PM
("i was going to wear a skirt should i be careful")

I don't think Beadle has anything to worry about - lol

ruskism
07-29-2014, 04:58 PM
He's said a lot of good things. For example, his stance on the Donald Sterling incident was awesome.

Feels dumb that he had to phuck it up with this kinda crap.

rnod
07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
wtf did he say that was even out of line? that they shouldn't do things that cause them to get abused?

SHE SPIT ON HIM. If you spit on a man what the fuk do you expect to happen? Ray Rice isn't even an abusive person, if I got spit on then someone is getting punched.

07-29-2014, 05:06 PM
He's said a lot of good things. For example, his stance on the Donald Sterling incident was awesome.

Feels dumb that Michelle Beadle had to phuck it up with this kinda crap.

FIFY. SAS said nothing wrong. He literally was just giving good advice to women, but is now more hated by feminazis than Ray Rice.

drvillain
07-29-2014, 05:09 PM

Explain

socrates07
07-29-2014, 05:11 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lurk.gif

Looks like my feminazi agenda in the western world to emasculate the male gender is going quite smoothly.

lolz at you thinking it's going to work

tential
07-29-2014, 05:13 PM
FIFY. SAS said nothing wrong. He literally was just giving good advice to women, but is now more hated by feminazis than Ray Rice.

Good advice to PEOPLE. Don't instigate people.

I wouldn't walk up to phucking Terrell Sugs and spit in his face and think "Well, I can never provoke my own beating, I did nothing wrong, this guy can't hit me!"

Why in gods name does a woman think that just because she's a woman, none of her actions have consequences?

Oh ya, because this society has brought them up this way....

socrates07
07-29-2014, 05:15 PM

this

all of you should boycott ESPN and get all your friends to do so immediately. If a big college football game is on one or what not then that is one thing, but everything else..

/destroytheirratings/

EsB818
07-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Hopefully this will be a lesson to them to stick to sports and leave social issues alone, but then again, this is TMZspn

07-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Good advice to PEOPLE. Don't instigate people.

I wouldn't walk up to phucking Terrell Sugs and spit in his face and think "Well, I can never provoke my own beating, I did nothing wrong, this guy can't hit me!"

Why in gods name does a woman think that just because she's a woman, none of her actions have consequences?

Oh ya, because this society has brought them up this way....

Meh, that's just playing semantics now. You and I won't go up to Tyson and start pushing him around because we know that can only end poorly. Some women have this tendency to believe that because every man was taught not to hit a woman that every man will take from those lessons, even if they're being instigated. This is obviously not the case.

4Aep3Fl4O5M

Perfect example right here. Girl is TELLING him to hit her and he won't do it, and when he finally does (after she pounced on him) she acts utterly shocked that he would do such a horrible thing. Fuk this gay earth

Twerk4it
07-29-2014, 05:24 PM
this

all of you should boycott ESPN and get all your friends to do so immediately. If a big college football game is on one or what not then that is one thing, but everything else..

/destroytheirratings/

wouldn't surprise me if the general public agrees with ESPN/Beadle

tential
this

/destroytheirratings/

No, I boycott them completely. I don't like ESPN. Ever since the Sandusky incident I'll never forget them. They're just a ratings outlet who doesn't portray the truth accurately. Sandusky was a child rapist yes, they completely blew out of proportion and molded the Paterno thing to suite their needs, while IGNORING the child rapist evidence they had received from another University that they had never followed up on themselves. Phuck ESPN, such a terrible network anyway.

I saw the reporting on other "sports" networks (The smaller ones like NBC) and it was no where near as biased as ESPN. ESPN just is terrible, they have so few good things about them. They're lucky they just have a monopoly on sports media but that's hopefully going to change one day.

NeoKantian
Explain
It removes blame from the perpetrator and shifts it to the victim.

HoodBGoode
4Aep3Fl4O5M

Perfect example right here. Girl is TELLING him to hit her and he won't do it, and when he finally does (after she pounced on him) she acts utterly shocked that he would do such a horrible thing. Fuk this gay earth

smh man thats my cousin in the vid

these HOODRAT hoes aint loyal

AestheticNoz
07-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Another great example of freedom of speech in practice. You can see whatever you want unless it's against the liberal agenda or deemed as hurtful towards women.

As for Beadle she's on Jemele Hill's level, just a seat filled by a dumb bish with tits and a limited knowledge of sports.

SteadyWayfarer
07-29-2014, 05:25 PM
if a woman made similar comments there would be no uprise at all. srs.

drvillain
07-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Another great example of freedom of speech in practice. You can see whatever you want unless it's against the liberal agenda or deemed as hurtful towards women.

As for Beadle she's on Jemele Hill's level, just a seat filled by a dumb bish with tits and a limited knowledge of sports.

I hate when people say this. Stephen A Smith wasn't arrested, or lynched.

Perpetrator is already under the fire. The "victim" you speak of isn't a true victim, as she provoked the action. Both parties involved, should receive some heat.

NeoKantian
07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
Perpetrator is already under the fire. The "victim" you speak of isn't a true victim, as she provoked the action. Both parties involved, should receive some heat.
lol at "true victim." Are you really going to go that route?

drvillain
07-29-2014, 05:42 PM
lol at "true victim." Are you really going to go that route?

Yes. As far as I'm concerned, a victim is at the receiving end of an unprovoked crime.

Calhexas
07-29-2014, 05:45 PM
smh man thats my cousin in the vid

these HOODRAT hoes aint loyal

mothafukka what is on your face

DaReal25
07-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Done with ESPN, dumb sloots rule the world i suppose.

NeoKantian
07-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes. As far as I'm concerned, a victim is at the receiving end of an unprovoked crime.
lol.

If a robber robs a man or woman because he or she appears rich, is that provoked or unprovoked?

theoldnite
07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
i thought first take was supposed to be the show where they can express perhaps controversial opinions?

and then you go suspend him for something that made all sorts of sense to anyone who doesn't live by the first world victim mentality?

whoopi goldberg even defended him, you should NEVER hit someone and not expect to get hit. i don't care if your the president, a 130 kid at the bar, a woman, michelle beadle, or jon fuking jones

will not be listening to ESPN radio any longer. michelle beadle should be fired, disgusting hag.

socrates07
07-29-2014, 06:12 PM
i thought first take was supposed to be the show where they can express perhaps controversial opinions?

and then you go suspend him for something that made all sorts of sense to anyone who doesn't live by the first world victim mentality?

whoopi goldberg even defended him, you should NEVER hit someone and not expect to get hit. i don't care if your the president, a 130 kid at the bar, a woman, michelle beadle, or jon fuking jones

will not be listening to ESPN radio any longer. michelle beadle should be fired, disgusting hag.

this, so much this

destroy that entire network people. Their ratings were down by something like 36%... and that was back in 2011, time for that to get a whole lot fuking worse.

YWOC
07-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Lol I was watching the whole video and kept waiting for him to say something actually offensive....can't believe he got suspended for this. Everything he said makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't a complete brainwashed feminazi tard. The dumb bish Beadle should be the one suspended for calling out a fellow employee over Twitter because she's an attention whore.

Insanity247
07-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Thanks Espn, feminists, liberal media, political correctness.
I just canceled my XM satellite radio subscription today. I only listen to sports talk radio, but I can no longer take this white knight crap on the radio, P.C. feminism, you name it.
Thats $18.50 per month you are no longer getting.

Fuk this gay Earth.

Twerk4it
07-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Lol I was watching the whole video and kept waiting for him to say something actually offensive....can't believe he got suspended for this. Everything he said makes perfect sense to anyone who isn't a complete brainwashed feminazi tard. The dumb bish Beadle should be the one suspended for calling out a fellow employee over Twitter because she's an attention whore.

thats the funny part to me, he spent a whole minute sugar coating what he was about to say then apologized after, and still gets suspended? It wasn't even bad at all. And worse I think if he wasn't one of the companies biggest personalities he would've been fired.

SompletelyCober
07-29-2014, 06:28 PM
I don't tweet, can some of you twitterers log on and tell Beadle she's a moron? Thanks.

Suspending Stephen A? This is BLASPHEMY. The GAUL. Unbelievable. Preposterous.

dfwt70gt
07-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Complete and utter bullchit. wussification of society starting with the PC honks over at ESPN.

WakeNBake
07-29-2014, 06:36 PM

this I think he kinda sucks at times, but HOLY FUK IT SHOULDN'T WORK LIKE THAT

newb123
07-29-2014, 06:37 PM
Who is this Beadle chick? I watch FT every morning and although some of the stuff Stephen A says is dumb, he has no problems speaking his mind and calling out anyone he wants all the time. I think the guy's pretty legit compared to Skip Baseless. So he apologized today on First Take for nothing?

Revolver45
07-29-2014, 06:38 PM

Every bish on earth thinks she's been a victim of some sort of abuse.

Unreal that one hyper-emotional twat post some nonsense on twitter and Stephen A is suspended. I don't even like this guy but I still take his opinion about sports more seriously than Beadle or any other woman on earth for that matter.

Twerk4it
07-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Who is this Beadle chick? I watch FT every morning and although some of the stuff Stephen A says is dumb, he has no problems speaking his mind and calling out anyone he wants all the time. I think the guy's pretty legit compared to Skip Baseless. So he apologized today on First Take for nothing?
From Sports Nation, the show was great when it was her and Cowherd hosting it

rippedgamer82
07-29-2014, 06:58 PM
lol.

If a robber robs a man or woman because he or she appears rich, is that provoked or unprovoked?Please don't tell me you're this stupid.

There's a big difference between a rich person minding their own business who gets robbed and a person slapping, hitting, and spitting at another person and that other person retaliating. One is an innocent victim and the other is a person whose actions provoked the other person, see if you can figure out which is which.

Mac_xX
07-29-2014, 07:01 PM
lol.

If a robber robs a man or woman because he or she appears rich, is that provoked or unprovoked?

Unprovoked. He's still robbing them.

Cacco
07-29-2014, 07:19 PM
ESPN doesn't respect freedom of speech.

BrockDiCaprio
07-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Stephen A talks like a slightly smarter Al Sharpton...thats all ...and by slightly..i mean slightly stoopid

woodbarry
07-29-2014, 07:31 PM
lol.

Depends. If I walk up to you and spit in your face do you smile and keep walking or would you do something about it?

tential
07-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Every bish on earth thinks she's been a victim of some sort of abuse.

Unreal that one hyper-emotional twat post some nonsense on twitter and Stephen A is suspended. I don't even like this guy but I still take his opinion about sports more seriously than Beadle or any other woman on earth for that matter.

Name ONE woman that if you get in an argument with them doesn't use the line:
"I was in an abusive relationship in the past and I'm not going to take that!"

waytoodeep03
07-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Complete and utter bullchit. wussification of society starting with the PC honks over at ESPN.

Its the pressure of social media. Before facebook and twitter, back when we had pay phones and dial up internet, This chit wasn't happening. People could say stuff even if they were in the wrong and not get fired/suspended

Hercegovac8
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Michele needs to shut up she went through this shyt herself when everyone called her racist and she ran off to foxsports1, only to come back a year later with her tail between her legs because noone watched her, and noone wanted to work with her because shes a known bitch

I hate SAS but the man was done wrong, he didnt deserve this ban

Spill512
07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Reading people praising Beadle on Twitter like she did something brave is making my jimmies rustle. For what? What did she do? She threw Stephen A Smith under the bus on Twitter and got him suspended when he said absolutely nothing wrong. Making him, her coworker, out to be some sort of super misogynist villain for saying...nothing at all. The fuk.

Phobaphobia
07-29-2014, 08:35 PM
This situation makes me rage

jbball92
07-29-2014, 08:56 PM
http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20120325&t=2&i=586638644&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=580&pl=378&r=CBRE82O059400

TaeBoNinja
07-29-2014, 09:55 PM
Good. #teamBeadle

broboma2012
07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
i can sense we are approaching the feminism bubble. brahs this **** isn't sustainable. it may seem bad but the tide is turning

TerellOwens
07-30-2014, 12:23 AM
lol.

yes let me wave my wads of cash at guys in the hood .

ThatKindaGuy
07-30-2014, 03:06 AM
lol, only in the US ... hahaha, ridiculous. How the fuk are US men not revolting yet against this misandry crap disguised as neo-feminism?

Stephen A. says a lot of dumb things, but this wasn't one of them.

Revolver45
07-30-2014, 03:55 AM
Name ONE woman that if you get in an argument with them doesn't use the line:
"I was in an abusive relationship in the past and I'm not going to take that!"

Name a woman who doesn't play the victim card at every opportunity? I don't think I could.

CCAurora
07-30-2014, 04:06 AM

Illegality and immorality are not deterrents. Educating victims on how to protect themselves from realistic situations is much more important than, say, lecturing rapists on how there's a law against rape and how it makes people sad to be raped. If only someone had told them...

The irony of feminism is that women claim to be equal, but demand legislation that recognizes aspects of their inferiority to mandate equality. Inequality as a means of equality.

IH8RICE
07-30-2014, 04:32 AM
Edit: to preface this, I in no way condone violence against women not do I think men should partake in the unprovoked abuse( in any way) of women but I also hold women to the same standard. What's fair is fair. I would ask my misc brethren to make sure to watch what you type because this is a fine line that could easily turn this thread into a typical misc woman bashing thread instead of a Michelle beadle/espn bashing/justice for SAS thread. Thank you

This has rustled the ever living sh*t out of me. I was raised not to hit women, but in this situation, if she spit in my face, she would be getting a loogy right back in hers. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Btw, I don't give a damn how big he is or how small she is, she's an adult and therefore should think before acting.

IH8RICE
07-30-2014, 04:37 AM
i can sense we are approaching the feminism bubble. brahs this **** isn't sustainable. it may seem bad but the tide is turning

No it won't turn. Either you conform or you'll be villianized like SAS and either suspended or fired. For us lesser folks, probably fired.

tsbalr120
07-30-2014, 05:25 AM

Good. #teamBeadle

Why are you two liberal WKs in the sports section?

NateTheGood
07-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Good. His original comments were Common Sense 101. Don't hit or intentionally provoke somebody who is much bigger and stronger than you. But then he backtracked and apologized with the "my choice of words was poor" BS line. The media and PC police do not look at apologies as a reason to drop the issue. They see it as a sign of weakness and they will only increase their efforts of attack when you start grovelling and begging for forgiveness. Smith dug his own grave here.

Thee3ternal
07-30-2014, 05:45 AM
It's called saving your job you ****ing morons

ThatKindaGuy
07-30-2014, 06:00 AM
It's called saving your job you ****ing morons

He already moved from ESPN Radio to SiriusXM. ESPN needs Stephen A. far more in its current state than he needs ESPN.

tential
07-30-2014, 06:02 AM
Name a woman who doesn't play the victim card at every opportunity? I don't think I could.

Its so annoying 0 responsibility.

That's what makes me worry about females in the executive position roles.

"Well actually, I was abused as a child in the car so I find it highly offensive that you think my company makes unsafe cars. Do you think I want someone to get hurt in a car the way I did as a child ? Are you an advocate of women dying in cars? I can't believe you're only chasing my company when hundreds of companies have unsafe products you just hate women and are a misognist. Just because I wear a skirt you think its OK to berate me with questions like I'm not even human. You wouldn't do this to a male ceo !"

Can't argue with woman logic....

NateTheGood
07-30-2014, 06:05 AM
"Well actually, I was abused as a child in the car so I find it highly offensive that you think my company makes unsafe cars. Do you think I want someone to get hurt in a car the way I did as a child ? Are you an advocate of women dying in cars? I can't believe you're only chasing my company when hundreds of companies have unsafe products you just hate women and are a misognist. Just because I wear a skirt you think its OK to berate me with questions like I'm not even human. You wouldn't do this to a male ceo !"

You forgot the part where she was raped by an ex-boyfriend who had an unsafe car.

Smoker145
07-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Didn't women fight all these years to become equal with men and be treated equally? So shouldn't this be treated as: someone spit in rices face and he flipped out and hit the person?

So women want special treatment, but want to be treated " equally"?

NeoKantian
07-30-2014, 06:54 AM
Please don't tell me you're this stupid.

There's a big difference between a rich person minding their own business who gets robbed and a person slapping, hitting, and spitting at another person and that other person retaliating. One is an innocent victim and the other is a person whose actions provoked the other person, see if you can figure out which is which.
Slapping or hitting has nothing to do with what I stated.

The whole point when people say someone "provoked" something is that they are to blame for their outcome. If their "provoking" action or non-action didn't occur then nothing would have happened. So how is that any different from a person trying to draw attention to themselves by displaying wealth? If they didn't try to draw attention to their displays of wealth, then the robbery never would have happened.

Illegality and immorality are not deterrents. Educating victims on how to protect themselves from realistic situations is much more important than, say, lecturing rapists on how there's a law against rape and how it makes people sad to be raped. If only someone had told them...

The irony of feminism is that women claim to be equal, but demand legislation that recognizes aspects of their inferiority to mandate equality. Inequality as a means of equality.
Uh, yeah, morality and legality are deterrents. Are they deterrents in all cases? No.

Rape and feminism has nothing to do with what I stated.

TaeBoNinja
07-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Didn't women fight all these years to become equal with men and be treated equally? So shouldn't this be treated as: someone spit in rices face and he flipped out and hit the person?

So women want special treatment, but want to be treated " equally"?
You're a moron. REAL men don't hit women, just like we don't hit mouthy kids.

Ray Rice is a huge football player, so he needed to handle things like Jay Z did with Beyonce's sister. That's common sense. There's nothing manly about smacking down a female, just walk the fuk away and don't deal with the chick anymore. Once you touch her, the court system will screw you over.

tsbalr120
07-30-2014, 07:37 AM

Ray Rice is a huge football player, so he needed to handle things like Jay Z did with Beyonce's sister. That's common sense. There's nothing manly about smacking down a female, just walk the fuk away and don't deal with the chick anymore. Once you touch her, the court system will screw you over.

Not really. She committed assault by spitting and hitting rice, so he assaulted her back. That's why the courts ruled it as a slap on the wrist and he only got two weeks suspended.

The fact that you're defending a sexist, unjust court makes you a huge fukking phaggot. This incident should only be viewed as two adults assaulting eachother, and SAS giving sound advice to not get violent with someone who is way bigger than you. End of story.

Bcider
07-30-2014, 07:58 AM
Don't care how stupid it is but I hate Stephen A. Smith. Dude is annoying as fuk and always pulls the race card.

CCAurora
07-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Slapping or hitting has nothing to do with what I stated.

The whole point when people say someone "provoked" something is that they are to blame for their outcome. If their "provoking" action or non-action didn't occur then nothing would have happened. So how is that any different from a person trying to draw attention to themselves by displaying wealth? If they didn't try to draw attention to their displays of wealth, then the robbery never would have happened.

If you drive down Crenshaw Boulevard at 3am revving your Phantom with the windows down, wearing a Hugo Boss suit, and loudly counting your $100 bills, you didn't break the law, but if/when you get robbed, you were an obtuse moron without any common sense. I wonder if you could stop your robber by telling them they're breaking the law or by telling them they're acting immorally.

The funny thing is, the core of this issue isn't even that mild - the scenario isn't a sucker punch on an innocent person. We're talking about a woman breaking the law by spitting on and physically attacking a man.

Uh, yeah, morality and legality are deterrents. Are they deterrents in all cases? No.

Rape and feminism has nothing to do with what I stated.

Uh, no, they're not deterrents... or do you think people who commit domestic abuse do it because nobody ever told them it was against the law?

People like you contribute to these crimes with your ignorance. You want to keep potential victims from educating themselves and recognizing the signs of a dangerous situation because ideally, they shouldn't have to... I hope that comforts you if you have a daughter who gets beaten or raped one day. The goal should be simultaneously teaching children not to commit illegal immoral acts and how to defend yourself if someone tries to commit these acts upon you. To ignore one or the other is stupid.

bdolzz
07-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Don't care how stupid it is but I hate Stephen A. Smith. Dude is annoying as fuk and always pulls the race card.

lmao this. I disagree with anything he says on principle.

bdolzz
07-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Not really. She committed assault by spitting and hitting rice, so he assaulted her back. That's why the courts ruled it as a slap on the wrist and he only got two weeks suspended.

The fact that you're defending a sexist, unjust court makes you a huge fukking phaggot. This incident should only be viewed as two adults assaulting eachother, and SAS giving sound advice to not get violent with someone who is way bigger than you. End of story.

If you don't understand what's wrong with a 200+ lb. professional athlete assaulting a woman just because she slapped him, you've got issues srs. He didn't just give her a smack to put her in her place, he knocked her the phuk out. Unless the woman has a weapon or you have a legitimate reason to be concerned for your well-being, there's no reason to knock a woman unconscious. Did Jay-Z knock Solange out when she went ape on him? No. Because he understands that it's wrong to hit a woman.

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_c5nk3w3n/

edit: and he only got a slap on the wrist because he's a celebrity and a professional NFL player, if some joe schmo knocked his wife out in public like that he would be getting way more than a slap on the wrist.

tsbalr120
07-30-2014, 08:12 AM
If you don't understand what's wrong with a 200+ lb. professional athlete assaulting a woman just because she slapped him, you've got issues srs. He didn't just give her a smack to put her in her place, he knocked her the phuk out. Unless the woman has a weapon or you have a legitimate reason to be concerned for your well-being, there's no reason to knock a woman unconscious. Did Jay-Z knock Solange out when she went ape on him? No. Because he understands that it's wrong to hit a woman.

edit: and he only got a slap on the wrist because he's a celebrity and a professional NFL player, if some joe schmo knocked his wife out in public like that he would be getting way more than a slap on the wrist.

Your personal morals have no place in law. It shouldn't matter if it's a guy or girl spitting on and hitting people.

If an adult hits another adult for spitting on and hitting them, it should be the same punishment if it's a man or woman. Only beta phaggots think a person should get special treatment for what's between their legs.

tyqb4
07-30-2014, 08:27 AM
fuking lol at this whole thing. beadle is just proving it's never been about fixing anything or achieving a mutual understanding. if things could be rationally addressed and fixed it would eliminate the purpose of feminism. it's more important to keep the illusion of discrimination and persecution going for the sake of empowerment than it is to actually fix a problem.

CCAurora
07-30-2014, 08:43 AM

In your opinion, at what point is it ok for a man to hit a woman? Should he be one blow away from death? Should he wait until he feels his life is in danger? At what point should he feel his life is in danger?

Smoker145
07-30-2014, 08:53 AM
In your opinion, at what point is it ok for a man to hit a woman? Should he be one blow away from death? Should he wait until he feels his life is in danger? At what point should he feel his life is in danger?
By saying a man shouldn't hit a woman Bc it's wrong, is essentially saying women are the weaker sex. Good luck saying that on tv. That would have been way worse

bdolzz
07-30-2014, 08:54 AM

obviously I can't generalize to cover each and every possible scenario where it might be okay for a man to hit a woman. but if you're an average size man who works out you should be able to grab and restrain a woman to keep her from hitting you without having to knock her unconscious. you don't think ray rice could've just grabbed her arms and held her back or bear hugged her until she calmed the fuk down? or just given her a solid open hand smack to show her that it's not a fight she'll win?

I'm not against hitting women in all scenarios, but I am against punching them in the face as hard as I can with a closed fist. A slap is just as effective and won't knock them out, leave bruises or potentially break their jaw.

dfwt70gt
07-30-2014, 09:00 AM

Damn you soft! Not hitting mouthy kids is the reason today's teenagers are halfwit pieces of chit! Equal rights, equal fights. Stephen A nailed it and women know exactly what they are doing by provoking men. Does that make hitting them right? No. However, humans have limits regardless of how old, smart, wealthy or whatever they are. Is there public outcry when a father catches an 18 year old neighbor molesting his son the proceeds to beat the teen almost to death and even tells police that he was going to kill the teen until his son stepped in and stopped him? No charges were filed on that man by the way...

Women are very aware of the system and Will position themselves to seem the victim because they know law enforcements' responsibities when it comes to DV. Would everyone hating on Rice feel the same way if the video showed Rice's fiance (wife) pull off her heel and proceed to hit him repeatedly?

badhairdude
07-30-2014, 09:04 AM
If a manlet tries to attack me and I know I'm stronger than him, I'm not going to hold out or restrain my strength. If said manlet is trying to hurt me, I'm going to hurt them. I'm not going to slap them hoping they realize I'm stronger

Same can be applied to women. Just because they are genetically weaker doesn't mean they can't do damage.

Brb poke eyes
Brb throat punch
Brb knee or kick my testicles

socrates07
07-30-2014, 09:11 AM
By saying a man shouldn't hit a woman Bc it's wrong, is essentially saying women are the weaker sex. Good luck saying that on tv. That would have been way worse

this

you can't fuking win

it's an agenda and every man knows it at this point, the best thing you guys can do is start actively revolting before this crap gets unimaginably ridiculous

AirCanada
07-30-2014, 09:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/EkW3a4l.jpg

SymphonyXXX
07-30-2014, 09:24 AM
This is exactly how the women's rights started and propagated itself. Weak men caving in all for the chase of $$$. Please, oh glorious reporters, enlighten many men and please do tell which women are the subject of constant scrutiny, analysis or debate in anything that makes ESPN $$$.

NeoKantian
07-30-2014, 09:24 AM
If you walk down Crenshaw Boulevard at 3am in a Hugo Boss suit while loudly counting your $100 bills, you didn't break the law, but if/when you get robbed, you were an obtuse moron without any common sense. I wonder if you could stop your robber by telling them they're breaking the law or by telling them they're acting immorally.

The funny thing is, the core of this issue isn't even that mild - the scenario isn't a sucker punch on an innocent person. We're talking about a woman breaking the law by spitting on and physically attacking a man.
You're scenario is extremely exaggerated and pretty much never happens.

When I'm talking of provoking, I'm talking in context of the general notion.

As for Ray Rice, the situation is pretty mild. According to some witnesses he mortal kombat her after she spit on him. Let's suppose she even slapped him. So why would he punch her in the head hard enough to knock her out cold? It's just stupid.

Uh, no, they're not deterrents... or do you think people who commit domestic abuse do it because nobody ever told them it was against the law?

People like you contribute to these crimes with your ignorance. You want to keep potential victims from educating themselves and recognizing the signs of a dangerous situation because it isn't fair that it happened.
Yeah, they are deterrents. I already put, Are they deterrents in all cases? No. Did you not read that, or did it confuse you?

It's kind of like how nearly everyone has been in the situation where they wanted to punch or hurt someone but didn't.

People do educate themselves and try to stay out of dangerous situations. Strong strawman though.

CCAurora
07-30-2014, 09:49 AM
You're scenario is extremely exaggerated and pretty much never happens.

When I'm talking of provoking, I'm talking in context of the general notion.

As for Ray Rice, the situation is pretty mild. According to some witnesses he mortal kombat her after she spit on him. Let's suppose she even slapped him. So why would he punch her in the head hard enough to knock her out cold? It's just stupid.

The funny thing is, in my scenario, the victim didn't break the law in any way. Allegedly, Ray Rice's wife assaulted him.

If you recognize that some actions aren't universally good or bad, recognize that relative morality dictates individual actions. If Ray Rice was spit on by a man during a heated argument in a confined space with no immediate exit, would it have been ok for Rice to KO him? What if his wife also pushed him, or punched him repeatedly, or pulled out a weapon? If your moral compass is omnipotent, by all means, define it for us... or vaguely allude to the "context of the general notion."

It baffles me that people are surprised people can antagonize an attack by spitting on somebody. Did nobody ever teach you to not literally spit on other people?

Yeah, they are deterrents. I already put, Are they deterrents in all cases? No. Did you not read that, or did it confuse you?

It's kind of like how nearly everyone has been in the situation where they wanted to punch or hurt someone but didn't.

People do educate themselves and try to stay out of dangerous situations. Strong strawman though.

Don't get mouthy.

Despite the fact that all these laws are already on the books, stuff like this happens every day. Again, does everyone who commits these crimes just not know they're breaking the law? Were they not told it was wrong? Or did neither matter to them in that moment? Pretending a potential victim can't take steps to minimize attacks from people who the law and "morality" can't reach is dangerous if not stupid. It isn't about "blaming victims" - its about creating a culture of victims who would rather complain about the consequences than do their part to protect themselves from reasonable (albeit unfortunate) dangers.

bdolzz
07-30-2014, 11:22 AM
strong chivalry ITT. I'll let Sean Connery back me up on the point that it's best to just slap them and not punch their lights out:

watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

NeoKantian
07-30-2014, 11:41 AM
The funny thing is, in my scenario, the victim didn't break the law in any way. Allegedly, Ray Rice's wife assaulted him.

If you recognize that some actions aren't universally good or bad, recognize that relative morality dictates individual actions. If Ray Rice was spit on by a man during a heated argument in a confined space with no immediate exit, would it have been ok for Rice to KO him? What if his wife also pushed him, or punched him repeatedly, or pulled out a weapon? If your moral compass is omnipotent, by all means, define it for us... or vaguely allude to the "context of the general notion."

It baffles me that people are surprised people can antagonize an attack by spitting on somebody. Did nobody ever teach you to not literally spit on other people?
Oh lawdy. Pls go with the meta-ethics.

Also, disapproving a retaliation to getting spit on is not condoning spitting. Nice strawman though.

Don't get mouthy.

Despite the fact that all these laws are already on the books, stuff like this happens every day. Again, does everyone who commits these crimes just not know they're breaking the law? Were they not told it was wrong? Or did neither matter to them in that moment? Pretending a potential victim can't take steps to minimize attacks from people who the law and "morality" can't reach is dangerous if not stupid. It isn't about "blaming victims" - its about creating a culture of victims who would rather complain about the consequences than do their part to protect themselves from reasonable (albeit unfortunate) dangers.
lol. What don't you understand? Is it really that difficult to comprehend that morality and the potential of punishment for an action is a deterrent to some people? Of course, some people know an action is morally wrong or illegal and do it anyway, that's what I've been stating also.

I could say more, but that's it for now.

CCAurora
07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Oh lawdy. Pls go with the meta-ethics.

Also, disapproving a retaliation to getting spit on is not condoning spitting. Nice strawman though.

Is it "meta-ethics" to discuss the motivation behind some of the most common crimes on earth? You seem awfully protective of your convictions.

lol. What don't you understand? Is it really that difficult to comprehend that morality and the potential of punishment for an action is a deterrent to some people? Of course, some people know an action is morally wrong or illegal and do it anyway, that's what I've been stating also.

I could say more, but that's it for now.

The hole in your "logic" is that all of these laws already exist. Despite these supposed deterrents, these crimes occur in large numbers around the world every day. It is safe to say that neither law nor morality was a deterrent to every man or woman guilty of these crimes, right?

You haven't said anything - quit while you're ahead.

wickedman
07-30-2014, 12:06 PM
obviously I can't generalize to cover each and every possible scenario where it might be okay for a man to hit a woman. but if you're an average size man who works out you should be able to grab and restrain a woman to keep her from hitting you without having to knock her unconscious. you don't think ray rice could've just grabbed her arms and held her back or bear hugged her until she calmed the fuk down? or just given her a solid open hand smack to show her that it's not a fight she'll win?

I'm not against hitting women in all scenarios, but I am against punching them in the face as hard as I can with a closed fist. A slap is just as effective and won't knock them out, leave bruises or potentially break their jaw.

You're right Ser, Ray Rice didn't knock her out, he struck back and she hit her head on the way down which knocked her out. Are you ok with his response now?

You remind me of the guy I saw in the comments sections in one of these stories, "I wouldn't strike a woman unless she had a gun to my head... and even then I'm not sure I would." He didn't KO punch her. For all we know he did slap her.

DrSlam
07-30-2014, 12:20 PM
strong chivalry ITT. I'll let Sean Connery back me up on the point that it's best to just slap them and not punch their lights out:

watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

I agree with holding back in Rice's situation though I doubt the outcome would've been any different with how big his hands are.

Good life lesson she learned. People (women) like that need to understand that just because some phaggots and the justice system for the most part let you get away with being physically abusive, it isn't ok and dudes need to stand up for themselves and display a reasonable amount of force in response.

I had a nut case chick that used to try chit like that, she tried to slap me and I grabbed her wrist then used my thumb to squeeze the pressure point there until she calmed the fuk down.

tential
07-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Too much real life....

TaeBoNinja
07-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Whatever phaggot. I jaywalked all the time as a kid, AND took candy from strangers. Not a single fuk was given.

#teamBeadle

NateTheGood
07-31-2014, 03:40 AM
Whatever phaggot. I jaywalked all the time as a kid, AND took candy from strangers. Not a single fuk was given.

#YesAllSpecialNeedsKids

NeoKantian
07-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Is it "meta-ethics" to discuss the motivation behind some of the most common crimes on earth? You seem awfully protective of your convictions.

The hole in your "logic" is that all of these laws already exist. Despite these supposed deterrents, these crimes occur in large numbers around the world every day. It is safe to say that neither law nor morality was a deterrent to every man or woman guilty of these crimes, right?

You haven't said anything - quit while you're ahead.
Your second sentence was about meta-ethics. Never mind once that sentence is unpacked it's unclear what you mean. On the one hand you are discussing moral realism. On the other hand it's relativism.

Never said the law or morality deters everyone, for the like the third or fourth time.