PDA

View Full Version : Morning Nutrition and Workout

Hayus
07-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi all, I work out in the morning, and I want to see if I have my morning nutrition 'right', and if anyone has any thoughts on what I can do more/better/less/different. I work out from 6:30 until 8:00 am generally, starting with about 25 minutes of cardio, and then the rest is weights (I know, it's like breaking a commandment, but it's the only way I can seem to fit cardio in).

My preworkout meal consists of an omelette (2 eggs, 8 egg whites, green pepper, mushroom, green onion, and some salsa) and 3/4 cup of quick oats oatmeal.

The marcros for breakfast are approximately:

Pro: 35g
Fat: 16g
Carbs: 65
Calories: 508
Fibre: 9

If anyone can offer advice, or let me know what has worked for you, I'd love to hear it. I'll be cutting shortly, and I really want to get things right.

Thanks,

Hayus.

gbullock32
07-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Pre-workout meal is personal preference, whatever allows you to perform at your best is what you should do; personally I train in an over-night fasted state, it works for me.

jp973156
07-28-2014, 05:28 PM
My morning breakfast is similar to yours, but inverse on the fats e.g., 4 whole eggs + 2 yolks with Kerrygold Butter + all the veggies you listed. Like the above poster said -- this is going to be all personal preference; I happen to prefer fats over carbs for breakfast especially when I have morning workouts (or I'll workout fasted)

mrzeusone
07-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Pre-workout meal is personal preference, whatever allows you to perform at your best is what you should do; personally I train in an over-night fasted state, it works for me.

This is probably the best reply you will get.

jollygreeng99
07-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Yup I would agree its personal preference. I hate fasted training I never feel like I have any energy to lift if I haven't eaten. I train around 10am and I try to get a solid meal in around 8:30-9:00. Though I usually stick with higher carb and fat meal for breakfast, My daily carb intake is roughly 440g and I like to hit around 100-150g of that before I train. Your insulin sensitivity is very high in the morning so its a great time to get in a good amount of carbs without having to worry.