PDA

View Full Version : In need of help prepping for first competition

aeckert712
07-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Hey guys, I recently decided I would take the next step and eventually compete in my first show roughly a year from now after having been training 6 years. I was hoping someone could tell me a good source (book or whatever) that can give me information in how to diet properly throughout the next year with as little broscience as possible. I know the basics but not enough to prepare myself for competition.

SirGlutenator
08-01-2014, 08:34 AM
I am in the exact same boat as you. I recently bought a subscription to Steve Cook website "swoldiernation.com" It has all information on how he preps given any scenario. Its been extremely motivating and helpful when it comes to nutrition, supplementation, and weight lifting. I highly recommend it. Its only $9 a month and he has samples for free on youtube of the videos

mannyc23
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I am as well preparing for my first competition 10 weeks out. I would recommend to hire a coach for prepping and posing or someone that has experience.

DGAFitness
08-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Would you happen to know any posing coaches for physique in the nyc area? I am looking at competing too, but I'm looking more at April-June 2015.

burlyman619
08-28-2014, 02:52 AM
Most def hire a good reputable coach