PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lump on boob?

bec1298
07-26-2014, 01:34 AM
Sorry if this is a really weird place to post this i just didnt know where else to ask and I didnt want to seem silly going in the doctors over something thats probably just normal.
For about a week now, my left boob has been really sore around my nipple and its not the usual achey period feeling. I ignored it for a while until today I noticed there was a swollen lump about the size of 5cent piece right under my nipple. It feels like a bruise if I touch it and if anything brushes against it or if I try to do box jumps/ runs/ burpees ect it hurts really bad. Is this normal? Ive heard that its normal for your boobs to hurt when youre still developing (Im 16), is this just another variation of this? Thanks :) sorry again if this is an odd post haha

AnnalisaLynn
07-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Have you spoken to your mum about it? Let her know what's going on. She's a woman too and she may be able to shed some light on the matter and if you are really that concerned ask her to take you to see a doctor. Soreness can be normal when developing yes but if you're in pain talk to your mum or guardian. You don't have to be ashamed! Every one of us ladies have been there :)

oregonchick76
07-26-2014, 08:02 AM
I had a hard bump like that when I was young and developing. It is probably normal, but I would watch it closely for about a week. If it doesn't get better or gets any worse, it's time to have a doc look at it I think.

tefu21
07-26-2014, 03:12 PM
A lump that is painful to the touch and swollen could be a number of things. Could be a clogged pore or a cyst that is starting to become infected... If it is, u will need antibiotics to fight off the infection.

Get it checked out. U should never hesitate and wait it out if something gives u that much discomfort. Btw, I'm not a medical doctor, just someone who's had similar ailments...

Madi-J
07-26-2014, 08:10 PM
When you say "under your nipple", do you mean deeper in the tissue under your nipple, or on the surface of the skin, below the nipple? If it's option number two, get to a doctor, that is definitely not normal. If option number one, ask your mom/aunt/grandma/female friends around your age or older if they've experienced anything like that or know someone who has. If not, go to doctor. Overall it does not sound normal to me.

bec1298
07-26-2014, 10:04 PM
When you say "under your nipple", do you mean deeper in the tissue under your nipple, or on the surface of the skin, below the nipple? If it's option number two, get to a doctor, that is definitely not normal. If option number one, ask your mom/aunt/grandma/female friends around your age or older if they've experienced anything like that or know someone who has. If not, go to doctor. Overall it does not sound normal to me.

Number two but its under the skin. If it hasnt gone in a week or so ill probably see a doctor. Thankyou :)