PDA

View Full Version : Where should I start from?

Rawanaziz
07-24-2014, 11:08 PM
Hello,
I'm new on BB, my knowledge about body building is too low.
Recently started exercising to get abs, but i've barely seen any results.
I just ordered a protein shake and really need your help on how to get abs!
"As I said I have no idea about muscle building"
Do I need to lift? Cus my gym doesn't really has that good equipments.
What exactly the stuff I have to do to build muscles?
I'm 132 lbs , 5.6ft.

oregonchick76
07-25-2014, 06:01 AM
If you don't have visible abs, one or two things are affecting that...

Too much fat - if you have too much fat overall, you won't be able to see abs. You can't spot reduce, so you have to eat in a calorie deficit and diet down until you've lost enough body fat overall to reveal the abs.

Not enough muscle - likely if you haven't had a serious and progressive lifting program for at least a year or so, you don't have enough muscle to show abs no matter how low in body fat you go.

You need a solid professional lifting program and to figure out your nutrition.

Rawanaziz
07-25-2014, 08:58 AM
If you don't have visible abs, one or two things are affecting that...

Too much fat - if you have too much fat overall, you won't be able to see abs. You can't spot reduce, so you have to eat in a calorie deficit and diet down until you've lost enough body fat overall to reveal the abs.

Not enough muscle - likely if you haven't had a serious and progressive lifting program for at least a year or so, you don't have enough muscle to show abs no matter how low in body fat you go.

You need a solid professional lifting program and to figure out your nutrition.

I can see them when I'm exercising, otherwise no thing that clear, I have just started with calisthenics "crunches, leg raises..." About a month ago.
Is it useful this way if I continue and take protein?
I'm not looking for a huge change, and If i have to start lifting how much should I lift and what positions? I'm using 2-3kg dumbles on each side is not it enough for a female 😅!