PDA

View Full Version : Body builders diet for yogi

Out2gain
07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi all,

I have been on a quest to gain weight and recently came across Fit Men Cook. I want to try cooking with his recipes for a month.

I'm aiming to consume approx 2300 calories (5 meals) a day for 30 days. I will continue to do this ofcourse but for the first month I will stick to a strict diet.
I will be weighing myself daily and writing down everything I eat.

Now to the important part. I'm not a body builder. I do yoga and play soccer. Yoga is part of my daily routine and I play soccer once a week.

My problem is I have been gaining weight in the wrong areas due to bad foods. I've noticed it especially in my stomach. Now I want to start weight training 3x a week in addition to my diet. I'm just not sure exactly what I will be doing yet. Will this be sufficient enough for me to gain weight. Should I be adding anything else to my regime or diet ?

I appreciate all helpful responses.

P.S I'm 5'9 150 lbs

oregonchick76
07-23-2014, 08:38 AM
You aren't gaining weight 'in the wrong places' due to bad foods. You are gaining FAT, where you tend to store FAT, because the weight you are gaining is FAT and not MUSCLE.

If you want to gain weight, that's easy. But if you want the weight you gain to be muscle, you have to lift weights.

megdaig
07-23-2014, 03:50 PM
As Lyle says...your body doesn't say "hey ice cream, you go to fat...hey chicken and rice, you go to muscle"....

What you eat doesn't matter...it's how many total calories and your macros (sufficient protein and fat).