PDA

View Full Version : putting weight back on need advice

mfarazk
07-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys,

im trying to put some weight and lean muscle back on after a month of fasting (ramadan). Currently I weight approximately 165lbs, i want to be at 185lbs by the end of August. Before Ramadan my max weight was 174lbs, according to myfitness pal app i need to eat 2680 calories a day if i want to gain 1 lbs a week, but i need to gain 5lbs a week if possible.

im posting what kind of diet i have in mind for myself and hoping that would allow me to reach my goal.

Wake up at 6:00 am

Breakfast:
Simp1y Egg Whites
Peanut butter toast, 100% whole wheat bread
1 table spoon omega 3

(get to work)

Snack1: 9:00am
banana shake with 2% skim milk

Snack2: 11:00am Protein Shake, mixed with BCAA

Lunch: 1:00pm
Depends on what was cooked at home, usually its pasta or rice with some kind of meat

Snack3: 3:00pm Protein shake

(leave work go home around 4:00pm)

2nd lunch:
Again whatever is available at home to eat, but im going to try to bring more meat for lunch
1 table spoon omega 3

go to gym around 6:00 or 7:00 pm

snack4: post workout protein, Mixed with BCAA

Dinner: Again depends on whats at home, sometimes pita or rice with meat

Midnight go to sleep if im lucky

i am also taking multi-vitamins during the day, and im drinking close to 2 litres of water and 1 cup Matcha tea
please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. thanks

MackemPacker
07-22-2014, 11:02 AM
5lbs per week will be nearly all fat, what's the hurry?

mfarazk
07-23-2014, 08:29 AM
185lbs is my ideal body weight where i want to be. i think my gains are pretty slow, over the past 2 years i've managed to gain 30lbs. i think i couldve done that sooner, so this is the last push and i want to reach my goal soon as possible.
thanks

InItForFitness
07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
185lbs is my ideal body weight where i want to be. i think my gains are pretty slow, over the past 2 years i've managed to gain 30lbs. i think i couldve done that sooner, so this is the last push and i want to reach my goal soon as possible.
thanks

Putting on 5lbs/week is going to make you FAT.
You will not look like the desired physique you have in mind.

Weight gains should be limited to NO MORE THAN 1lb/week.

Go ahead and browse through this thread with all the instructions/information you need to begin your bulking phase ; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163115561

Feel free to ask any further questions you have.
However, please READ THE INFORMATION PROVIDED FIRST.

As it will answer most of the questions on the subject.

magician27
07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
just eat 6000 calories a day but why the hell you want to gain fat ?