PDA

View Full Version : Where did this phaggotry of having to root for the team in the city you live in...

LightFighter13B
07-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Where did this phaggotry come from?

From LA, root for Pittsburgh Steelers Crew checking in. Who gives a shet where a dude is born, you can root for any team you want phaggot.

If its acceptable to root for football team of a college you did not attend, you can root for a team outside of the city you live and work in.

MurkinSeason
07-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Idk what you are talking about OP. No one cares if you don't like the team of the city you're from here..

FGCHENG
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I don't think that's important. Just because you're from a particular city, doesn't mean you have to be a fan of the team from that city. Also, you don't have to be from that particular city to root for a team from that city. It's more about being loyal to a single team through the good and bad times, and not jumping ship to another team every chance you get just because they're hot, popular, or winning, and leaving your old team just because they suck. True fans stick with their teams through the thick and thin.

ocill88
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Where did this phaggotry come from?

From LA, root for Pittsburgh Steelers Crew checking in. Who gives a shet where a dude is born, you can root for any team you want phaggot.

If its acceptable to root for football team of a college you did not attend, you can root for a team outside of the city you live and work in.

Das it mane Steelers , but you should root for da charges/raiders too op . Those are our home team

Saxbro
07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't care about that shiit either OP.

smallbonesjones
07-21-2014, 06:00 PM
who gives a **** like what team you want it all entertainment and fun

jacklambert58
07-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Thank God - I'm free to claim Cavs super fan status. sweet.

HumptyBrah
07-21-2014, 06:02 PM
So true. I'm from Cleveland but I'm a die hard Seahawks, Red Sox, Spurs, and LA Kings fan. Don't know why people criticize me for it.

BlueCollarBrah
07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
I thinks it just normally happens like that because kids either become fans of the first teams they saw growing up which is usually where you live or you like the same team as your parents which is usually the team you live near. but who gives a ****

2pacalypto
07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
no issues with repping teams from other cities, but you better stick through it during the rough times. i'm fully prepared for the glimmer of hope the Ms have given seattle to be snuffed out in the next month or so

BrianDobson
07-21-2014, 06:15 PM
but you better stick through it during the rough times.

why? what does it matter to you?

HumptyBrah
07-21-2014, 06:16 PM
why? what does it matter to you?
Fairweather fan detected

MurkinSeason
07-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm from Australia and I like Cleveland, Spurs(nothing wrong with having 2 fav teams). Seahawks. Yankees. I also like the Red Sox.(the rivalry is just too much for me).

Uhmmmmm I also like Steph Curry as well so I guess I like the Warriors too but only on Thursdays. I bet on the Broncos a lot so I guess I like Denver and Seattle at the same damn time.

Squid4Lyfe
07-21-2014, 06:51 PM
So true. I'm from Cleveland but I'm a die hard Seahawks, Red Sox, Spurs, and LA Kings fan. Don't know why people criticize me for it.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/213/139/1281732474364.jpg

coozapalooza
07-21-2014, 06:55 PM
I don't like any local teams but the Knicks. I guess for me it comes from not being that friendly with my dad when I was young enough to first be getting into sports, so since I didn't have him passing his local Giants/Yankees/Rangers on to me, I picked teams other ways. I never really liked basketball until later in life so for that I just picked locally.

LightFighter13B
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Surprised at some of the answers ITT.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I live in Tampa and hardly anybody is a Bucs fan here srs. We are a sad bunch us Bucs fans

amikaelmorris
07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
LA Kings fan.

you can't take that back now

THEHEADLIN3R
07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
It's because most of you phaggots who do this chit are fair weather fans and jump on whichever team is hot.

MightyBroYoung
07-21-2014, 10:30 PM
I don't care if fans aren't from the city of their favorite team is located. What bothers me are those dudes that are front runners and support whoever is on top at the moment. These types are quick to jump off as soon as things start to get ugly. They lack character and conviction in my eyes and have no right to s**t talk real fans of even the worst NBA team.

sn24
07-21-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm from Australia and I like Cleveland, Spurs(nothing wrong with having 2 fav teams). Seahawks. Yankees. I also like the Red Sox.(the rivalry is just too much for me).

Uhmmmmm I also like Steph Curry as well so I guess I like the Warriors too but only on Thursdays. I bet on the Broncos a lot so I guess I like Denver and Seattle at the same damn time.

This explains everything perfectly. Wow

HumptyBrah
07-21-2014, 11:52 PM
This explains everything perfectly. Wow
I don't think he was being serious lol

sn24
07-21-2014, 11:54 PM
I don't think he was being serious lol

Aw fuk bye, only read those 3 words and immediately replied lmao

ThatKindaGuy
07-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Don't care what others do. I support my local teams (in Europe), but have been a Lakers fan for life and stick with them through the good and bad times.

Fairweather fans and bangwagoneers' opinions just matter less to me than say a poor phaggot like Murkin who is stuck with the Magic, but makes the best of it. (<3) It could have been easy to sway to the Heat in his case, but he didn't. Gotta respect that.

MurkinSeason
07-22-2014, 02:40 AM
Aw fuk bye, only read those 3 words and immediately replied lmao

Confirmed a retard.

Don't care what others do. I support my local teams (in Europe), but have been a Lakers fan for life and stick with them through the good and bad times.

Fairweather fans and bangwagoneers' opinions just matter less to me than say a poor phaggot like Murkin who is stuck with the Magic, but makes the best of it. (<3) It could have been easy to sway to the Heat in his case, but he didn't. Gotta respect that.

Magic until I die. It will never change homie. I take the best out of every situation.

srom12
07-22-2014, 02:41 AM

to be fair

oladipo is a great player and elfrid payton is bake

BuckN20T
07-22-2014, 02:42 AM

I actually want to know who you're referring to.

PervedOut
07-22-2014, 04:25 AM
I have nothing against the Detroit Lions until they play the Browns. As for the rest of sports in this state...no thanks Jeff

ColdSteelToFace
07-22-2014, 04:40 AM
What year did you become a Steelers fan OP?

LightFighter13B
07-22-2014, 05:48 AM
What year did you become a Steelers fan OP?

mm394006
07-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Probably came from the generation before us OP and has just permeated into ours.

Before the abiilty to get 324 sports stations you could really only watch the games that the local teams were playing and the 1 or 2 primetime games that week.
When my dad was growing up (in eastern Ohio) he said all you really ever got to see were Steelers and Browns games with the occasional Bengals game. It would have been nearly impossible for him to be a Raiders, Chiefs, Rams, etc fan. The only real outliers to this would be teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, and maybe 49ers who were really successful at those times and got many more games televised. It would still have been nearly impossible to watch every game for those teams if they weren't in your local market though. You can't be much of a fan if you can only watch 4 games a year.

Even now, being a Steelers fan in NC is difficult if you don't have the $8000 sports package. I'm lucky to get 8 games a year in my house and have to go elsewhere to see others.

Penguins games are nearly impossible to get.

Dave P
07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
Dont think you should be a fan of a team when you've never even been to that state crew.

You have every right to be a phaggot but im still going to call you phaggot for being one.

dfwt70gt
07-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Gheyest bullish in the world OP. Live in Denver, hate the Donkeys therefore I'm somehow a traitor. Good thing I determine my life on what team I favor.

Sports fan, not even once. Douches....