PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow vs Michael Sam

BeastModeFTW
07-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Seriously phuck the media and their double standards. The media outside of Skip Bayless did nothing but trash Tebow and call him a distraction because of his religion yet when somebody like Tony Dungy says he wouldn't draft Michael Sam because it would be a distraction he gets trashed. lmao at this phucked up society of ours where a legit role model like Tim Tebow is shunned while a phaggot like Michael Sam is treated as a hero.

Only in the US is it better to be a phaggot then a overall great dude.

chlaxman
07-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Dungy also advocated for distractions in Tebow and Vick.

Bit of a hypocrite, no?

DasPhilosopher
07-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Tim tebow is a piece of chit.

Glad the patriots wrecked them by 30+ points.

firstandgoal
Sam used his gayness to get a job, thats the difference, Tebow actually did something in college, and Sam isn't even a great footballer he shouldn't even be drafted but his gayness got him the job. Just like that dude from the NBA collins there are thousands of better NBA players fighting it out in the D league to try to land a spot yet because he admits his sexual preference and even lies for years to his fiance and breaks her heart he is called a HERO

Who the hell is pushing so hard for gay issues seriously why? they are men and women just like us but just because they enjoy ****ing the same sex? dude keep that **** in the bedroom, when did who you fuk give you some power? Lets give some guys who prefer chubby women rights, so if you diss a man for banging big chicks you are a bigot too!

Gay is just Sexual **** and it shouldnt even be discussed, and this gay stuff in the boy scouts wtf? they are just kids why are you bringing up sex, kids dont even or shouldnt even care about sex at that age.

BeastModeFTW

Bit of a hypocrite, no?

lol if you think Vick or Tebow were bigger distractions in the locker room than Michael Sam. I'm uncomfortable in the locker room when old dudes are just walking around blow drying their balls now you add the homo factor and yeah its a distraction. Teammates rallied around Tebow- just look at what he did with the Broncos. They were 1-4 before Tebow and Tebow turned that team around.

chlaxman
07-21-2014, 11:29 AM
lol if you think Vick or Tebow were bigger distractions in the locker room than Michael Sam. I'm uncomfortable in the locker room when old dudes are just walking around blow drying their balls now you add the homo factor and yeah its a distraction. Teammates rallied around Tebow- just look at what he did with the Broncos. They were 1-4 before Tebow and Tebow turned that team around.

Is this post serious or just trolling?

PierceBrahsnsn
07-21-2014, 11:33 AM
but Michael Sam is so courageous... so courageous he got an award for being so courageous.

just sayin when i think courage i think of

http://hotnewsng.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/michael-sam-kiss-boyfriend.jpg

firstandgoal
07-21-2014, 11:33 AM

If they really want to be FAIR, they must make him shower alone, because the straight men will be violated and feel uncomfortable do to a man staring at them who might be attracted. Would you let a straight male shower with other nude women? helll no, this is the equivalent and it has nothing to do with homophobia it has to do with being FAIR and equally PC all around. not just selective.

I actually seen some people get mad at a male actor who felt uncomfortable about kissing another man while naked on the lips so he left the part, they attacked him and bullied him calling him a homophobe and said he must be a christian bigot or something. Yet if a woman refuses to do a sex scene we must oblige.

BeastModeFTW
07-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Is this post serious or just trolling?

I'm srs. Tebow is a proven leader- Michael Sam isn't. I don't see how anybody can debate this. And being gay in a league where most of the guys are anti-gay is a much bigger distraction than being religious.

IzVenomous
07-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Tebow actually had a great college career and had leadership abilities.

Micheal "ramming" sam not so much. Wouldn't even know who tf he was if he wasn't a phaggot

firstandgoal
07-21-2014, 11:45 AM

Micheal "ramming" sam not so much. Wouldn't even know who tf he was if he wasn't a phaggot

Why is it when someone says they like to bang Fat chicks they are not considered a HERO? I have seen more men who have chubby girlfriends get ridiculed than gay dudes. Where is the outcry and bigotry there?

I have no respect for this dude Sam, if he said I want to make the NFL on my own ability and not use my sexuality to get me in, I would have had more respect but this dude knows his only way in is the Jason Collins route, just like that dude Frank Ocean only way to win a grammy was to say he was bisexual. admitting to being Gay gives you the extra boost and unfair advantage over your opposition who are more deserving.

chlaxman
07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm srs. Tebow is a proven leader- Michael Sam isn't. I don't see how anybody can debate this. And being gay in a league where most of the guys are anti-gay is a much bigger distraction than being religious.

No. Tebow and Vick were much larger "distractions" than Sam. That's not me saying anything negative about Tebow or Vick, it's just fact. Sam will have a few pieces done about him and it will be news when he makes or does not make the team. Tebow was covered WAY more than that. There was legitimate discussion that Vick be banned from the NFL after he got out of prison.

People will get over their discomfort. The fact that you're insecure around naked people is your problem.

But my initial response was to point out the hypocrisy of Dungy. He just doesn't want a gay player on his team but won't say it.

chlaxman
07-21-2014, 11:47 AM

SEC DPOY isn't a good college career?

James24WR
07-21-2014, 11:55 AM
Sam used his gayness to get a job, thats the difference, Tebow actually did something in college, and Sam isn't even a great footballer he shouldn't even be drafted but his gayness got him the job. Just like that dude from the NBA collins there are thousands of better NBA players fighting it out in the D league to try to land a spot yet because he admits his sexual preference and even lies for years to his fiance and breaks her heart he is called a HERO

Who the hell is pushing so hard for gay issues seriously why? they are men and women just like us but just because they enjoy ****ing the same sex? dude keep that **** in the bedroom, when did who you fuk give you some power? Lets give some guys who prefer chubby women rights, so if you diss a man for banging big chicks you are a bigot too!

Gay is just Sexual **** and it shouldnt even be discussed, and this gay stuff in the boy scouts wtf? they are just kids why are you bringing up sex, kids dont even or shouldnt even care about sex at that age.

Couldn't have said it better.

MCrow
07-21-2014, 12:06 PM
Difference here is Sam is celebrated for being a opnely gay man in football and Tebow gets crucified for being a christian man in football. Apparently being gay is to be celebrated where as those evil hateful christians like Tebow should be banned from public view. That is pretty well difference as I can see it.

Apparently we're supposed to be happy watching to dude slobber all over each other and hate a christian guy talking about God.

Such BS in this society right now.

MurkinSeason
07-21-2014, 12:09 PM
If you're queer ur in the clear.

Bowyermania
07-21-2014, 12:14 PM

Bit of a hypocrite, no?

No because he was not advocating as a coach. I bet if he was a coach at the time he would not have taken them on either.

IzVenomous
07-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Co dpoy his teammate on the opposite side was better than him. He combine stats show he has no physical talent to deserve that award.

yourname2221
07-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Ya see how you changed it to good career vs his post that said great? That's the difference, Tebow set records and will always be remembered down at Florida. Michael Sam will only be remembered for kissing a dude with cake: fact. His combine numbers were ****, and he was outshined by players on his own team. He got into the league based on his sexual orientation; and I for one can not wait till he is cut so I can see the outcry of how intolerant the Rams are.

chlaxman
07-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Co dpoy his teammate on the opposite side was better than him. He combine stats show he has no physical talent to deserve that award.

So he's scrappy and always plays hard? A high motor guy who just wills his way to success?

caj
07-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Pro sports will be politically correct for as long as they think it will bring $$$$ to the table. If it's proven that it's hurting the sport $$$$$ they won't care at all about how "courageous" someone is.

They're bending to pressure but at the end of the day, it's all about the Benjamins.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Tim Tebow is without a doubt a victim of the same media that praises Sam. Tebow is the most persecuted sports figure of our time. I have never seen somebody so openly hated and despised publically in the media in sports.

Say what you want, spin that Broncos season however you like, but Tebow was the reason that franchise turned it around. Those who don't understand that have never played team sports at a high level or know what football is all about. The numbers are one thing, stats are nice to look at, but football is a game a raw emotion, passion, and carisma thats what makes it so great. Tebow was magical and if you ever got to be in a stadium to see it you would know what I'm talking about. I still have yet to see anything like it in sports, such infectious will power that spread through an entire stadium.

I have not a doubt in my mind that if you went with Tebow, ran the spread, and committed your organization to him, he could bring you a superbowl. It won't happen that time has passed and it really is a shame for the sport and fans. Tebow wasn't made for todays league, he came a few years too soon. With how prominant the spread is, with teams heading in that direction he would have gotten that shot. He will be a legend a flash in the pan, and a great story of what if.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Pro sports will be politically correct for as long as they think it will bring $$$$ to the table. If it's proven that it's hurting the sport $$$$$ they won't care at all about how "courageous" someone is.

They're bending to pressure but at the end of the day, it's all about the Benjamins.

Not true Tebow brought money. He didn't fit the agenda, he pushed a Christian narrative, something our disney overlords didn't want our children emulating. A strong willed Christian man talk about a recipe for disator for the PC agenda. Notice they always tried to spin Tebow as soft and or weak. He was one bad mother ****er listen to any of his miked games

caj
07-21-2014, 01:42 PM
Not true Tebow brought money. He didn't fit the agenda, he pushed a Christian narrative, something our disney overlords didn't want our children emulating. A strong willed Christian man talk about a recipe for disator for the PC agenda. Notice they always tried to spin Tebow as soft and or weak. He was one bad mother ****er listen to any of his miked games

I agree with your point 100%. but my post was really directed at ESPN. They fall all over themselves trying to be pro-women, pro-gay, pro-racial responsibility.

But if their ratings ever plummet because of it, they'll put their tail between their legs and change their stance.

HankScorp1o
07-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Literally NO ONE in the media was trashing Tebow because of his religion.

In fact, his religion made him a huge star and many, many, MANY millions of dollars in endorsements that he wouldn't have made had he not been so vocal about his religion.

All of you potatoes whining about some mythical double standard here should realize it exists only in the confines of your own dullard minds.

Cliffs: OP went full retard.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:07 PM

In fact, his religion made him a huge star and many, many, MANY millions of dollars in endorsements that he wouldn't have made had he not been so vocal about his religion.

OP went full retard.

They all trashed him because of it man why else would they have trashed him? Everybody thinks it was act and if it was some skelton would have come out of the closet. He is truely 100 percent authentic, and I think it rubs people the wrong way that he is. If he really beleives that stongly than he would be an ******* if he didn't bring it up every chance he got. He truely thinks he's saving people from eternal damnation. You got a problem with that then your a pretty big phaggit if you ask me.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:11 PM

All of you potatoes whining about some mythical double standard here should realize it exists only in the confines of your own dullard minds.

Did they bash Brady Quinn when he sucked? Did analysts make tweets and random statements saying he didnt belong in the league? Some people like Hodge invested their entire careers behind teling people Tebow was garbage. The hatred was very clear and it ran much deeper than football.

Miz-Zou
07-21-2014, 02:12 PM
http://9thcivic.com/gallery/albums/post/popcorn_girl.gif

MCrow
07-21-2014, 02:13 PM

It wasn't the sports media as much as the liberal media that hated his guts. Obviously, he wasn't good enough to be a QB in the NFL but it was just funny how certain liberal outlets would take pot shots at him about his religion yet the same places rant about the treatment of gays and cheer about Michael Sam.

HankScorp1o
07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
They all trashed him because of it man why else would they have trashed him? Because he sucks.

Everybody thinks it was act and if it was some skelton would have come out of the closet. He is truely 100 percent authentic, and I think it rubs people the wrong way that he is. If he really beleives that stongly than he would be an ******* if he didn't bring it up every chance he got. He truely thinks he's saving people from eternal damnation. You got a problem with that then your a pretty big phaggit if you ask me.Da fukk are you even going on about? Tebow was not a good QB in the NFL. End of story.

Did they bash Brady Quinn when he sucked?Yes.

Did analysts make tweets and random statements saying he didnt belong in the league? Yes.

Some people like Hodge invested their entire careers behind teling people Tebow was garbage. The hatred was very clear and it ran much deeper than football.That's your ridiculous perception, which isn't Hodge's (or anyone else's fault).

Do you have any actual video clips, links, or anything else of Tebow being bashed for his religion by the mass media? I already know the answer is no, so unless you can come up with anything other than "Hey man, I really think that one announcer hated him" then you're done here.

It wasn't the sports media as much as the liberal media that hated his guts. Obviously, he wasn't good enough to be a QB in the NFL but it was just funny how certain liberal outlets would take pot shots at him about his religion yet the same places rant about the treatment of gays and cheer about Michael Sam.
Please post clips, links, etc or anything that shows the "liberal media [hating] his guts". Please. because all I saw was non-stop praise, attention, adoration, and interviews promoting his books and charities.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
No. Tebow and Vick were much larger "distractions" than Sam. That's not me saying anything negative about Tebow or Vick, it's just fact. Sam will have a few pieces done about him and it will be news when he makes or does not make the team. Tebow was covered WAY more than that. There was legitimate discussion that Vick be banned from the NFL after he got out of prison.

People will get over their discomfort. The fact that you're insecure around naked people is your problem.

But my initial response was to point out the hypocrisy of Dungy. He just doesn't want a gay player on his team but won't say it.

Its also very clear ESPN and the PC agenda didnt want a strong willed Christian man to be the biggest star in sports, they just can't come out and say it

Dave P
07-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Dunno, radio station out here took some shots at Dungy.

kids.got.soul
07-21-2014, 02:30 PM
The fuk are you idiots talking about that Tebow was openly hated in the media???

The dude was a media darling. The general population turned on him because they were sick of fuking hearing about him constantly.

MCrow
07-21-2014, 02:32 PM
The fuk are you idiots talking about that Tebow was openly hated in the media???

The dude was a media darling. The general population turned on him because they were sick of fuking hearing about him constantly.

I think he was an ESPN darling, but it was more the lefty non-sports media that seemed to hate him. Yeah, people did get sick of seeing/hearing him after a while, no doubt about that.

dmoneythegoat
07-21-2014, 02:38 PM

The dude was a media darling. The general population turned on him because they were sick of fuking hearing about him constantly.So much this. You can't br serious if you think the media hated tebow. If you don't think "tebowmania" was driven 100% by the media then you're delusional

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Because he sucks.

Da fukk are you even going on about? Tebow was not a good QB in the NFL. End of story.

Yes.

Yes.

That's your ridiculous perception, which isn't Hodge's (or anyone else's fault).

Do you have any actual video clips, links, or anything else of Tebow being bashed for his religion by the mass media? I already know the answer is no, so unless you can come up with anything other than "Hey man, I really think that one announcer hated him" then you're done here.

Please post clips, links, etc or anything that shows the "liberal media [hating] his guts". Please. because all I saw was non-stop praise, attention, adoration, and interviews promoting his books and charities.

I dont need to show any links you could have just watched espn and watched any segment where they would break down Tebow and say he couldnt play in the league despite taking a below average Broncos team to the second round. They turned him into a joke and various people would scoff at the notion that he could play QB. Slammed him for the very same throwing motion that made him so succesful on the run, the same motion Steven Young had. Tebow never got a shot to run his offense, it was like putting Brady in an option system and complaining that he couldn't make plays on the edge.

Your right he is a terrible drop back passer, but the fact remains he was excellent in what he is does best. Why do you think Tebow Time came about. Was it some magic, some act of God, or was it the game opening up, allowing him to improvise and play his style of football? I'll go with the latter. Tebow never got his fair shot, and was denied future opportunities due to the perception created by the media that he was a distraction.

The spread option is more and more prominant in the league, how is that arguably the best spread QB of all time doesn't have a spot? Go back and watch those Broncos games, look at the times they allowed him to lineup in shotgun and spread the field. He was damn good in those moments, and it wasn't by accident. He didn't suck and if he did I would love to hear your version of that Broncos season, how that mediocre defense "carried" Tebow to the playoffs.

No coach, or group of offensive players wants to play with him why? Because he takes away from what everybody else does. You think recievers want to play in a spread option offense based on quick reeds, and a run heavy scheme. Do you think coaches want a guy who will be given all the credit for how he "willed" his team? No. Not when all these egos, dollars, and endorsements are on the line for everybody else.

Hell go back to the season after Tebow left Florida, I can remember all those recieivers being ecstatic that they would now have a chance to do more than run go routes and block.

CobyWan
07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Whenever some of you guys say how it's not even a big deal "some phaggot comes out of the closet, it would be a big deal if it were the 1940's" is the exact reason it is a significant step. There's still a distance between how most aspects of society view being gay and how the sports culture views gays.

I swear many of you have never had a gay work acquaintance, let alone a gay friend. Don't worry guys the "liberal media" is not going to turn any of your friends to fudgepackers just by writing stories about it. And why some people seem so deeply offended ESPN gives some made up award to Michael Sam is beyond me.

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
So much this. You can't br serious if you think the media hated tebow. If you don't think "tebowmania" was driven 100% by the media then you're delusional

Exactly it was created by media. Tebow wasn't created by the media, he was destroyed by it. What is so ****ing hard to grasp about that concept. Why isn't he in the league? O yah the media attention he brings...derp

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Whenever some of you guys say how it's not even a big deal "some phaggot comes out of the closet, it would be a big deal if it were the 1940's" is the exact reason it is a significant step. There's still a distance between how most aspects of society view being gay and how the sports culture views gays.

I swear many of you have never had a gay work acquaintance, let alone a gay friend. Don't worry guys the "liberal media" is not going to turn any of your friends to fudgepackers just by writing stories about it.

Being gay is a fetish just like any sexual fetish out there it is developed through experience. Are people natually inclined to like feet, be tied up, dominated...etc. No they develop it through experience and weird ass **** happening to them. Should we praise people and give them a whole seprate set of rights because they like weird ****?

The acceptance of a fetish will only make that fetish more prominant purely from an exposure perspective. Interesting that your avi says "we are what we think" your logic in your last post completely contradicts that.

CobyWan
07-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Being gay is a fetish just like any sexual fetish out there it is developed through experience. Are people natually inclined to like feet, be tied up, dominated...etc. No they develop it through experience and weird ass **** happening to them. Should we praise people and give them a whole seprate set of rights because they like weird ****?

The acceptance of a fetish will only make that fetish more prominant purely from an exposure perspective. Interesting that your avi says we "are what we think" your logic in your last post completely contradicts that.

Urine idiot.

HumptyBrah
07-21-2014, 02:57 PM
But remember boys and girls, there is no "LGBT Mafia." They just want to be accepted like everyone else, they don't want to be treated any differently :rolleyes:

HankScorp1o
07-21-2014, 02:59 PM

The acceptance of a fetish will only make that fetish more prominant purely from an exposure perspective. Interesting that your avi says "we are what we think" your logic in your last post completely contradicts that.http://cdn.niketalk.com/2/26/26969462_2h6zyvm.gif

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Urine idiot.

So explain what you mean by "we are what we think". Is our reality our personality and sexual tendancies not an expression of our thoughts and experiences. Ever notice girls that fantasize about being raped, love to be dominated usually were abused as children. Sexual preferences are a mainfestration of our sub conscious just like any non physical trait amongst people.

East1600plus
07-21-2014, 03:18 PM
but Michael Sam is so courageous... so courageous he got an award for being so courageous.

just sayin when i think courage i think of

http://hotnewsng.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/michael-sam-kiss-boyfriend.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/www.sheridanhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/RISE_030810_promo_stuart_scott.jpg?resize=576%2C32 4

CobyWan
07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
So explain what you mean by "we are what we think". Is our reality our personality and sexual tendancies not an expression of our thoughts. Ever notice girls that fantasize about being raped, love to be dominated usually were abused as children. Sexual preferences are a mainfestration of our sub conscious just like any non physical trait amongst people.

Your classification of homosexuality as a fetish is so off base, I'm not even sure where to start. From your theory that increased exposure to the homosexual "fetish" will in turn increase the occurrence of said "fetish". I don't care how many times they show Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend, it's not going to change the fact I like vagina. And if you show Michael Sam a video of me kissing my wife on a loop, it's not going to make him stop liking men.

When you see a college girl walking around in yoga pants and a low cut tank top, do you have to consciously think about how you are attracted to her? Do you consider that some kind of fetish? Or does it just feel natural?

BatteryBro42
07-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Your classification of homosexuality as a fetish is so off base, I'm not even sure where to start. From your theory that increased exposure to the homosexual "fetish" will in turn increase the occurrence of said "fetish". I don't care how many times they show Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend, it's not going to change the fact I like vagina. And if you show Michael Sam a video of me kissing my wife on a loop, it's not going to make him stop liking men.

When you see a college girl walking around in yoga pants and a low cut tank top, do you have to consciously think about how you are attracted to her? Do you consider that some kind of fetish? Or does it just feel natural?

Yes its natural, a fetish isn't natural, it is adaptation of normal sexual practices due to some sort of trauma or experience. What about ****s, its accepted that they are ****s because they were abused as children. Have you seen studies about porn, and the type of porn you watch having an effect on your sexual desires? You still have yet to address the meaning of "we are what we think" and how that doesn't apply to our sexual identity.

ItsWhatIDo
07-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Its also very clear ESPN and the PC agenda didnt want a strong willed Christian man to be the biggest star in sports, they just can't come out and say it

Yea, ESPN hated Tebow...... that is why they hired him for a job

coozapalooza
07-21-2014, 04:39 PM
This might sound a little crazy, but does anyone else think Michael Sam is NOT that courageous?

Sure, he's the first openly gay football player blah blah blah, but Jason Collins really made it easier in advance for an athlete of any sport, realistically. After Collins, there was the kid from UMass who played bball who admitted to being gay.

Anyways, what I was getting towards is that Sam is essentially untouchable now by the media or any other players looking to talk chit. Look at this BS with Dungy. He said something that is absolutely correct and he's already getting killed by the phaggot PC police. I can't imagine a single thing anyone could say about him that wouldn't be heavily criticized as being potentially anti-gay.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's courageous, but calling him a hero? Giving him an ESPY award? Don't think so.

Why didn't Collins get the award anyway, by the way?

East1600plus
07-21-2014, 04:43 PM
when someone from BYU says they are gay, isnt mormon by their standards and isnt religious at all openly, that is courageous

oh also loves hot beverages and drinks alcohol

idk why but hot beverages is weird to mormons... but fuk it theres a lot of weird shiiit in all religions like eating shrimp lol

Mac_xX
07-21-2014, 04:52 PM

You're telling me that when Tebow and the Broncos went on that run at the end of the season that he wasn't one of the biggest stars in sports? Absolutely false. Tebow was a star as long as he played well but when he came back to the reality of being a bad qb, he was a religious 'figure head'.

hublife
07-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Tim Tebow was a fukking terrible QB. THAT is why he can't play football anymore. Has nothing to do with his following. All of you Tebow fans need to pull your head out of your ass and accept that truth.

Michael Sam is going to get weeded out because of his play and not his sexuality, as well.

Phil9
07-21-2014, 05:15 PM
This is quite an example of victimhood. Both Michael Sam and Tim Tebow have their share of major supporters and critics. For anyone acting like it's just Tebow ignores that he is set for life with broadcasting and public speaking opportunities.

firstandgoal
07-21-2014, 07:34 PM
This might sound a little crazy, but does anyone else think Michael Sam is NOT that courageous?

Sure, he's the first openly gay football player blah blah blah, but Jason Collins really made it easier in advance for an athlete of any sport, realistically. After Collins, there was the kid from UMass who played bball who admitted to being gay.

Anyways, what I was getting towards is that Sam is essentially untouchable now by the media or any other players looking to talk chit. Look at this BS with Dungy. He said something that is absolutely correct and he's already getting killed by the phaggot PC police. I can't imagine a single thing anyone could say about him that wouldn't be heavily criticized as being potentially anti-gay.

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's courageous, but calling him a hero? Giving him an ESPY award? Don't think so.

Why didn't Collins get the award anyway, by the way?

No he isn't, and that Jason Collins is not courageous either, this scumbag lied to his fiancee and pretended to love her only to break her heart after giving her years of hope to marry her and than say he is gay. There are gay men who will never do that and remain single or date a dude on the DL, but this dude Jason Collins is a COWARD not a hero what type of guy does that?

Also the only way I would call Sam or Collins brave is if they came out in Afghanistan or a country where they truly persecute gays and kill them and beat them. In America the homophobia stuff is a myth, what they do is they take certain cases that have to do with a gay guy getting bashed and amplify it and tel the story for months to make it seem like this is the norm. While people get beat up for different reasons in America, being gay is not high on that list.

Gays have been around in the USA forever and even in the 70s and 80s being a gay dressing male wasn't even frowned upon, I grew up in the 80s and so many guys were effeminate like Prince and not one of them cared about getting MARRIED.

These guys look gay as hell but are straight, seriously how is it brave coming out as gay when America never oppressed gays. look at these guys this is years ago too, nobody persecutes gays this aint Afghanistan.

cHGyokI6fMU

TerellOwens
07-21-2014, 09:03 PM

ROFL strong this.

Both were projected to be unsuitable for the pros, except Michael Sam makes a huge deal about it cause hes gay, and tebow actually has collegiate achievements.

TerellOwens
07-21-2014, 09:04 PM

Michael Vick is also extremely talented and was worth his distraction.
Tebow is no longer in the league.

BeastModeFTW
07-21-2014, 09:22 PM
So he's scrappy and always plays hard? A high motor guy who just wills his way to success?

yeah that would describe Tim Tebow well add in the part where he wills his team to winning as well.

BeastModeFTW
07-21-2014, 09:25 PM
They all trashed him because of it man why else would they have trashed him? Everybody thinks it was act and if it was some skelton would have come out of the closet. He is truely 100 percent authentic, and I think it rubs people the wrong way that he is. If he really beleives that stongly than he would be an ******* if he didn't bring it up every chance he got. He truely thinks he's saving people from eternal damnation. You got a problem with that then your a pretty big phaggit if you ask me.

yeah everybody was just waiting for Tebow to slip up to call him out on it. But when he didn't they hated on him anyways because they were jealous of Tebow's morals and status as almost perfect role model

firstandgoal
07-21-2014, 10:07 PM
yeah everybody was just waiting for Tebow to slip up to call him out on it. But when he didn't they hated on him anyways because they were jealous of Tebow's morals and status as almost perfect role model

Yeah, I noticed that, wherever I went people either said they hated Tebow because he was religious and said dont push that **** on me and they couldn't wait to see him fail hard, but they are okay with this dude Sam french kissing his boyfriend on TV? wtf? Also watch if you criticize Sam you will be called a bigot, if he loses his job guys like Kluwe will slander you and make up lies to say its because the man is gay you guys are all homophobes.

These guys scare me, making up and exaggerate false allegations and reaches, these are the scariest people on earth these uber liberals with their paranoia and angst.

ElJefe904
07-22-2014, 04:56 AM
Tim Tebow was a fukking terrible QB. THAT is why he can't play football anymore. Has nothing to do with his following. All of you Tebow fans need to pull your head out of your ass and accept that truth.

Michael Sam is going to get weeded out because of his play and not his sexuality, as well.

TRUTH

Seems like Tim Tebow fans are making excuses for people openly bashing his skills as a QB so they say its because of his religion. WRONG. In Florida(not just the school the whole state) Tim Tebow was pretty much viewed as a GOD and loved by everybody even so much that Florida State fans were rooting for him.

Michael Sam isn't courageous. Tony Dungy or anybody in America has the right not to believe in same sex marriages. He didn't bash Michael Sam for being gay in any way but the media wants to jump on him because its the thing to do now a days. Hell people in the media need to start being "courageous" and voice their true opinion and stop dick riding like the rest of them seem to be doing

BeastModeFTW
07-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I noticed that, wherever I went people either said they hated Tebow because he was religious and said dont push that **** on me and they couldn't wait to see him fail hard, but they are okay with this dude Sam french kissing his boyfriend on TV? wtf? Also watch if you criticize Sam you will be called a bigot, if he loses his job guys like Kluwe will slander you and make up lies to say its because the man is gay you guys are all homophobes.

These guys scare me, making up and exaggerate false allegations and reaches, these are the scariest people on earth these uber liberals with their paranoia and angst.

it makes no sense. You want your kids growing up to be like Tim Tebow not Michael Sam. Its just another clear sign that our society is going down the gutter.

Mac_xX
07-22-2014, 12:11 PM
it makes no sense. You want your kids growing up to be like Tim Tebow not Michael Sam. Its just another clear sign that our society is going down the gutter.

If they're both good people why can't your kids like both? Sam hasn't done anything wrong here, the media has placed all of this on him.

BatteryBro42
07-22-2014, 01:11 PM
If they're both good people why can't your kids like both? Sam hasn't done anything wrong here, the media has placed all of this on him.

Because the media came out and said Michael Sam is gay....not Michael Sam?

Future24
07-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Lmao just wait until Sam gets cut

BullStampede
07-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Agree with the good people part but Sam brought all of this on himself. Level 100 attention whore.

onmyway01
07-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Because the media came out and said Michael Sam is gay....not Michael Sam?

Therein lies your problem, you have an issue with him saying he's gay. Sure, the media blew it way out of proportion, but they could not have done it if he was not honest about who he is.

EvilChicken
07-23-2014, 02:27 PM
From what I saw, Tebow was criticized for his play not his stance. I will admit though that I don't watch ESPN or news outlets as much as the average person.

On the other hand, michael sam is being praised mainly because he came out. He's not that great of an athlete, not even worth taking in the top rounds. Difference is one is talked about because to many he is considered a bust, the other because he came out and how "brave" it was of him.

NateTheGood
07-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Therein lies your problem, you have an issue with him saying he's gay. Sure, the media blew it way out of proportion, but they could not have done it if he was not honest about who he is.

Except it was very obvious that he came out for the sole purpose of getting media attention and ensuring that he would be drafted because of the NFL fearing a media chitstorm.

DeshaunWatson
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Lmao just wait until Sam gets cut

I honestly can't wait until he is cut. I'm sick of hearing about this guy.

CobyWan
07-23-2014, 03:03 PM
Except it was very obvious that he came out for the sole purpose of getting media attention and ensuring that he would be drafted because of the NFL fearing a media chitstorm.

You realize there were probably teams that avoided him because he came out as gay to avoid the media frenzy. He really didn't ensure anything, let alone increase his chances of getting drafted.

And you can look at it as him just wanting the attention himself. But someone had to be the first athlete to be openly gay before trying to make a professional sports league. Now in the future other gay players won't have to feel the need to hide their sexuality and live open to the world. Something us heterosexuals take for granted. And it might be a story the first few times it happens but then it will become a non issue because there's been a precedence.

btlifter
07-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Yes its natural, a fetish isn't natural, it is adaptation of normal sexual practices due to some sort of trauma or experience. What about ****s, its accepted that they are ****s because they were abused as children. Have you seen studies about porn, and the type of porn you watch having an effect on your sexual desires? You still have yet to address the meaning of "we are what we think" and how that doesn't apply to our sexual identity.

I'm not sure where you get your weird Freudian ideologies from, but you're wrong. No link between ****phelia and childhood abuse has been confirmed, especially not a causal link. Studies about porn are all over the map and most seem to disconfirm the previous' hypotheses. Your other allegations are similarly off-mark.
(Pysch. grad)

BeastModeFTW
07-23-2014, 04:09 PM
From what I saw, Tebow was criticized for his play not his stance. I will admit though that I don't watch ESPN or news outlets as much as the average person.

On the other hand, michael sam is being praised mainly because he came out. He's not that great of an athlete, not even worth taking in the top rounds. Difference is one is talked about because to many he is considered a bust, the other because he came out and how "brave" it was of him.

no. Tebow took a team that was going no where (1-4) and led them not only to a division title but a win over the top ranked D in the league in game where he threw for over 300 yards and had 2 td's and a QBR of 97.7 and a qb rating of 125.6 (both highest in Broncos playoff history)

Lunatic
07-23-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm srs. Tebow is a proven leader- Michael Sam isn't. I don't see how anybody can debate this. And being gay in a league where most of the guys are anti-gay is a much bigger distraction than being religious.You should remove your brain from your skull if you really think Tebow was a good leader/quarterback.

Lunatic
07-23-2014, 05:04 PM
no. Tebow took a team that was going no where (1-4) and led them not only to a division title but a win over the top ranked D in the league in game where he threw for over 300 yards and had 2 td's and a QBR of 97.7 and a qb rating of 125.6 (both highest in Broncos playoff history)Since you're so big on QBR:

"New York Jets starting quarterback Mark Sanchez outperformed teammate Tim Tebow last season, according to the Total Quarterback Rating. But it's not something to brag about.

Both quarterbacks were among the five worst in QBR in 2011, according to ESPN's Stats and Information. Sanchez was 29th out of 33 quarterbacks with a 33.6 QBR. Tebow was 31st with a 27.2 QBR with the Denver Broncos. Blaine Gabbert of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Curtis Painter of the Indianapolis Colts were the only quarterbacks with worse ratings than Tebow.

According to the QBR, the Jets have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. I don't necessarily agree with that, but there are a lot of questions.

Confidence doesn't seem very high in Sanchez as a starter. According to our recent AFC East poll, about 55 percent believe Tebow will replace Sanchez next season.

Sanchez and Tebow have never been stat-heavy quarterbacks. But they have proven they can win games -- even big games in the postseason. They need to help the Jets win together in New York."

Inb4 you quote the bottom and completely ignore the beginning.

TheSandHusky
07-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Can people please stop throwing around Total QBR in arguments. Pretty sure that "stat" was created for the sole purpose of hyping up Tebow and other QBs with the "it" factor. Until ESPN releases the formula, if there even is one, it should not ever be brought up in any football discussion.

BatteryBro42
07-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Since youinjurallytthQBR:

wherquarterback Mark Sanchez outperformed teammate Tim Tebow last season, according to the Total Quarterback Rating. But it's not something to brag about.

Both quarterbacks were among the five worst in QBR in 2011, according to ESPN's Stats and Information. Sanchez was 29th out of 33 quarterbacks with a 33.6 QBR. Tebow was 31st with a 27.2 QBR with the Denver Broncos. Blaine Gabbert of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Curtis Painter of the Indianapolis Colts were the only quarterbacks with worse ratings than Tebow.

According to the QBR, the Jets have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL. I don't necessarily agree with that, but there are a lot of questions.

Confidence doesn't seem very high in Sanchez as a starter. According to our recent AFC East poll, about 55 percent believe Tebow will replace Sanchez next season.

Sanchez and Tebow have never been stat-heavy quarterbacks. But they have proven they can win games -- even big games in the postseason. They need to help the Jets win together in New York."

Inb4 you quote the bottom and completely ignore the beginning.

Did anybody find Tebow's handling by Jets to be a little odd? After Sanchez went down they basically fabricated a Tebow injury to the point where he publically come out and say he was fine. They would have taken a fan out of the stands before they played Tebow. They had nothing to loose but denied him his chance. I still haven't been able to make sense of it, Rex Ryan seemed hell bent on destroying him, and honestly the Jets acted like an organization terrified that Tebow might go out in a game an succeed.

BatteryBro42
07-23-2014, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=TheSandHusky;1272172461]Can people please stop throwing around Total QBR in arguments. Pretty sure that "stat" was created for the sole purpose of hyping up Tebow and other QBs with the "it" factor. Until ESPN releases the formula, if there even is one, it should not ever be brought up in any football discussion.[/QUOTE

Like winning they dont like to talk about that either when it comes to Tebow.

Lunatic
07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Did anybody find Tebow's handling by Jets to be a little odd? After Sanchez went down they basically fabricated a Tebow injury to the point where he publically come out and say he was fine. They would have taken a fan out of the stands before they played Tebow. They had nothing to loose but denied him his chance. I still haven't been able to make sense of it, Rex Ryan seemed hell bent on destroying him, and honestly the Jets acted like an organization terrified that Tebow might go out in a game an succeed.Maybe the Jets realized just how awful Tebow was.

BatteryBro42
07-23-2014, 06:24 PM
Maybe the Jets realized just how awful Tebow was.

Then why not release him? Instead they fabricated an injury claimed he couldn't play, and started Mcelroy. The Jets ****ed him and did so with a purpose. Only let him play in clear run sets with 9 guys in the box. They had absolutely nothing to lose their playoff hopes were gone. The fans wanted him, they traded for him, and did everything they could to insure he failed. The only explanation is they feared he would go out there, win, and have the city fall in love with him. Its consistent with their actions.

DaReal25
07-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Michael Sam honestly is a marginal talent and was probably only taken because its a good PR move. If u watched him at the combine, he looked like he has never ran before in his life
Totally agree with OG Dungy

BeastModeFTW
07-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Then why not release him? Instead they fabricated an injury claimed he couldn't play, and started Mcelroy. The Jets ****ed him and did so with a purpose. Only let him play in clear run sets with 9 guys in the box. They had absolutely nothing to lose their playoff hopes were gone. The fans wanted him, they traded for him, and did everything they could to insure he failed. The only explanation is they feared he would go out there, win, and have the city fall in love with him. Its consistent with their actions.

yup

StreetSharks
07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
One loves man one loves god

Bodyodor
07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
I kinda really hated that Michael Sam got drafted cause he was being praised for being not; not being a standout. His combine was absolute **** and he was praised for just openly admitting that he likes the D.

I personally predicted that Tim Tebow was gonna fail in the league because his play style just doesn't work very well based on previous players who played a similar style... That run first doesn't work efficiently enough. There is a reason why players like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Pey Pey, Brees, etc., do so well compared to players like Vick or Tebow (and also why those top QBs listed had longer careers). Tim Tebow's play style is way too liberal for a conservative style playing league.

Tim was amazing in college, but college football isn't the NFL.

Other than that, Michael Sam is a piece of ****. Sure he set the norm but he got himself in the easy way. Tim at least proved himself. I didn't think Tim deserved to be a first round pick, but whatever...