PDA

View Full Version : Does Texas deserve Wendy Davis?

rocker1
07-18-2014, 05:02 PM
Honestly, and this is an opinion widely shared, but Texas seems awfully dumb to me.

I mean cognitively impaired.

This is the state that gave us George Bush. This is the state that as Rick Perry.

From what I have seen George Bush is Einstein (God forbid the thought) compared to Rick Perry who seems as smart as beetle dung. I mean the guy is just dumb as a pile of rocks.

Now Texas has a leading contender for governor a man called Greg Abbott. Good gawd. What do they put in the water there?

Greg Abbott, nor Rick Perry, and neither George Bush would have come couple hundred miles of governing my state of Washington.

Texas doesn't deserve Wendy Davis. Wendy, if you hear this, please come to Washington State. We will crown you Queen!

The lady is very beautiful (no sexism), very intelligent, sane (something Texas governors seem to lack), genuine, cares about everyone, and has sound policies to make Texas and its people more prosperous, healthier, and live a quality of life.

Texas, based on the trajectory it has followed since 1994 doesn't deserve Wendy Davis; the country deserves Wendy Davis.

ZaUqkxPtlXY

brighamw
07-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Wendy Davis, pls go...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159645061&highlight=wendy+davis

817TexasBrah
07-18-2014, 07:12 PM
We are dumb and we prefer it that way. Now please, keep your intelligence and progress in the state you are in now and do not come here. All of the highly intelligent progressives, please stay in places like Cali, Seattle, Chicago , the north east, etc. and please take Wendy with you. Thank you.

IronRooster2
07-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Texas isn't that bad. Give them a couple more decades. They'll learn the error of their ways and realize contraception is the only proven means of reducing abortion, and therefore being against contraception is same as being pro-abortion.

Just kidding. Demographic shift will fix their political, rational, and economic problems.

Remember that just because Abbott will win 50-39, that's just with the registered voters. They do not represent the actual citizens of Texas. At all.

The average Texan isn't Don McLeroy. They don't believe The Flintstones is real or that Thomas Jefferson is a monster for not wanting to turn the country into a horrible Taliban style totalitarian theocracy. ... ... Just the average voter, maybe, in some years.

rocker1
07-18-2014, 08:24 PM
IronBooster, that's an interesting perspective. So pretty this is an issue of voter registration. What's stopping Democrats from successfully registering potential voters?

I have heard this before, but I still don't get it.

otisthebat
07-18-2014, 08:50 PM
lol rocker, you have no f*cking idea who that woman is.

she is a HORRIBLE person and far from genuine. you should look past worshiping her like a queen and look into her background and what she did to her ex husband.

also, what is it about liberals that makes them literally worship their politicians? they work for you, you are not their slaves or their subjects.

MyLastSerenade
07-18-2014, 09:12 PM
LOL wtf? No thanks Jeffery

hardestgainer
07-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Dear Lord please Wendy Davis do not come to Washington, we have enough dipchit liberals like OP already. I do feel bad Texas is stuck with such a chit person though

SDC77
07-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Texas will be blue by 2028 at the latest, so what you're seeing with Perry and Abbott are the death throes of old school Texas politics.

IronRooster2
07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
IronBooster, that's an interesting perspective. So pretty this is an issue of voter registration. What's stopping Democrats from successfully registering potential voters?

I have heard this before, but I still don't get it.

One part of it is inertia. Old people are more likely to register to vote by virtue of having more time to have gotten around to it. Another part is apathy - if your government is so horrible that a guy like Don can get bible verses into the curriculum, and people keep voting these *******s in year after year, for decades, what's voting for sanity going to change?

In short, 70 percent of the white people vote, 30 percent of latinos do.

That may merely be symptomatic though. Because Democrats can't win, they don't campaign hard. The sentiment of "When is the only time you see them in your community? When’s the only time you see them out in the streets? Election time." is not wholly unfair. It'll require millions of dollars and many, many years. That's what Battleground Texas is designed to do: get people registered and get them to vote. The GOP would like it very very very very much if nobody new registered and nobody new voted. Hence, all the voting "reform" getting passed. Those beautiful gerrymanders that mysteriously circle all the minorities in a state somehow.

http://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p280x280/10550973_10202628230371269_4093358903144656097_n.j pg

Anyway.

Wendy's loss this year isn't in vein. It isn't futile. I don't think she's ignorant enough to believe she's going to win. It's about getting the party's foot in the door. That there really is a choice. That hope isn't dead.

17 percent of the population elected Rick Perry. There isn't going to be a groundswell from the bottom up with a bunch of individuals sleeping in parks; that structure of focus and purpose of a bureaucracy is absolutely necessary to break the apathy and utilize the desire on the ground.