PDA

View Full Version : protein powders??

LemonWedges999
07-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Any ideas of which protein powders are the best with muscle gaining? I'm new to the whole idea of using powder for a workout so I have no idea!

oregonchick76
07-18-2014, 08:10 AM
protein powder by juice plus. youre getting high protein intake and no fat. 13g protein, 8g fiber, 0g fat. It has soy protein, rice protein, tofu powder, and fruits/veggie powder in it. There are 2 different flavors: vanilla and chocolate. I use this after a good workout, as a snack or just to get extra protein and veggie/fruit intake. you can look at the product at amandalewis.juiceplus.com You can PM if you have any questions!! :)Thank you for your spam.

OP - there is no 'best' protein for muscle gain. In fact, protein supplements don't actually help you gain muscle and are not at all necessary to build muscle.

To build muscle a person needs 2 things:
Progressive load
Adequate protein/calorie intake.

Ok, that's technically 3 things, but...

If a person eats enough protein in 'real' food, which is preferable, then taking a protein supplement is a waste of money. If you struggle to meet your protein needs through food, you *can* supplement with protein powders.

To pick a protein powder, find one without a lot of extra junk in it, that tastes good to you, that fits your budget.

kimm4
07-18-2014, 02:17 PM
yes, hence Juice Plus! No scam, missy. I've been on it for awhile now. I am a picky eater and started taking fruit/veggie capsules and the protein shakes. You can look at the website yourself and look at all the reviews by not only customers but Doctors as well. :)

Everything you post is pushing supplements sold on your website. BB.com has a store and what you're doing is against the forum rules. You should be banned for it.

CropDusterMan
07-18-2014, 02:44 PM
A pro female bodybuilder friend of mine recommended Beverly International "Muscle Provider" (and no, she's not sponsored by them!)...I
have used it for years...it's good. You can get it through BB.com store.

I agree, protein powders are not necessary, but they can ensure adequate protein intake on the go.

JontheAtheist
07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Everything you post is pushing supplements sold on your website. BB.com has a store and what you're doing is against the forum rules. You should be banned for it.

Agreed. Bring the ban hammer, pls. Srs.